Future Offensive Line

7,077 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MidTnAg
Stone44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jimbo knows the key to winning a NC. If he can get these new recruits signed and on campus we will have the most dominant O-line in the country. A National Championship will soon follow because that's how they are built.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Optimism from young balls.
Bone6
Lock down blue chip 4/5 stars along the offensive line and defensive front 7 and the chips can fall wherever for the skill positions and we'll have damn good teams.

As Bill Parcells always said, there are only so many large human beings on this earth that are meant to walk around at 250-350 lbs while still move athletically (while there are a lot of great athletes at smaller sizes).
LEJ
Pretty damn stout
Canyon99
Building the foundation of a championship team
Sean98
AG
I love to see the emphasis on the lines with this staff. If you go back to our better teams, I think that was the consistent factor. Yes, we had playmakers, but we had NFL guys up and down the line. Two years ago if I saw 5-6 commits in 2 weeks from one position it was always WR... The fact that it's now OL makes me happy.
MidTnAg
AG
Our offensive line woes are definitely lessening with better and better recruiting.
However, this year's OL will probably be the weakest part of our team.
If they can survive Clemson and Alabama, then maybe we will be ok this year.
technoviking
AG
MidTnAg said:

Our offensive line woes are definitely lessening with better and better recruiting.
However, this year's OL will probably be the weakest part of our team.
If they can survive Clemson and Alabama, then maybe we will be ok this year.

After this year we'll have McCoy (likely), Sutherland and lanfear all leave. So, the interior of the line will be much less experienced. We're either two years away or if turner/fisher/Dickey coach these upperclassmen up, then this year could be stronger than next year.

I don't like to think that this year could be better than next year, but, from an experience/age standpoint - the 2018 line will be deeper than the 2019 line on the interior.

We are definitely, absolutely, 100% recruiting with better direction and landing the guys we need to have an elite line though in the future. I just think to have an elite line the linemen have to be physically mature (RS-Soph/juniors and above) in addition to being talented.
Ogre09
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Optimism from young balls.

Two bulls standing on a hill, looking down at the herd.
Young bull: let's run down there and **** one of those cows
Old bull: no son, let's walk down there and **** all of them
MidTnAg
AG
More than the offensive line, I worry about linebackers.

We can build a championship offensive line (and defensive line) much quicker than we can build a solid group of SEC type linebackers. SEC type linebackers are not easy to find, much less actually sign, enroll, and develop.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.