Arizona #58

3,536 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CuervoAg
WC94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With 4 Texas kids. Makes what Jimbo has done more impressive, since Summy was under the same early signing period conundrum.
technoviking
AG
i wish sumlin well. but, i'm so glad jimbo is here now. i don't think sumlin would have gotten bobby brown and jackson from saban nor foster and jenkins from FSU. you can count corbin and strong out as well more than likely.

i'm also glad we didn't get chad morris. his class is pretty bad, even for a transition class. i don't wish him quite as well as sumlin, seeing as how he heads a division rival now.
TMartin
I'm waiting for some followup but several Arizona high school programs said they reached out to Sumlin before signing day but got no response.
technoviking
AG
it is bizarre, but sumlin only got hired 3 weeks before signing day. he was probably putting together his coaching staff. all it would take would be a phone call though, i suppose..
NavyAg22
He was lazy here when you consider his salary. You expected more for less elsewhere?
CuervoAg
AG
Sumlin obviously more behind the recruiting timeline than any of the other recently hired coaches. Can't blame him right out of the gate - a talent poor state, only 3 weeks to recruit, and having to hustle to get a staff put together. Given his short timeframe it was no surprise he was shotgun blasting offers to Texas kids hoping to hook a couple with his connections in TX. Unfortunately for him, no "swagcopter".
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." -- Dean Wormer, Faber College President
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.