Brock Purdy

9,219 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
His HS football season ends in December 2017 and he has 6 total offers:

Northern Arizona
UC Davis
New Mexico St
UNLV
Montana St
Southern Utah

Keep in mind. At this point, he has completed his High School football career.

Then a month later and he has offers from Bama and A&M and is rumored to have interest from UCLA, Arizona and others.

Bizarre, right? I'm still trying to understand his story. It sounds like he got mono and missed a bunch of his junior season, until his senior season may have been more focused on baseball, maybe he grew a little bit... I'm not really sure but am intrigued.
technoviking
AG
his stats are great:

Senior year (2017): 4405 pass yds 57/9 TD/INT 1017 rush yds 9 rush TDs

Junior year (2016): 3333 pass yds 42/11 TD/NT 842 rush yds 6 rush TDs
CrazyDayDuck
Interesting.

Dickey met with him Thursday and he's visiting this weekend.

Sounds like Coach Fisher may have found another sleeper.
technoviking
AG

6' 1" 197 lbs

a little small, but he looks like a gamer
redsquirrelAG
AG
How much of it is attributed to ESD, who knows? But Bama is after him as well, and his tape looks convincing. Looks like a great last minute pickup for what we need this cycle.
jamaggie06
AG
So camera angles for the vid weren't the best, but looks like hes able to quickly identify open receivers. Didnt see a lot of just plain timing routes. Also, has pretty good vision when scrambling to get the ball downfield or to get a few extra yards running.
CrazyDayDuck
He looks a lot like our starting QB in '12 & '13.
DBill
AG
I just moved myself and my family to Gilbert AZ and my house almost backs up to Perry HS. Do we need some local representation for the Ags?
CrazyDayDuck
Just saw a crystal ball saying he is heading to Iowa St
redsquirrelAG
AG
Iowa State pushed big time for him and is telling him he can be a 4 year starter for them. If we beat them out it will be very impressive considering the circumstances.
CrazyDayDuck
redsquirrelAG said:

Iowa State pushed big time for him and is telling him he can be a 4 year starter for them. If we beat them out it will be very impressive considering the circumstances.

I wish him the best in beating tu, Zero U, Okie St and those dirt monkeys at tech.
fireinthehole
Don't need
dixichkn
AG
Good touch on those mid range and deep balls. Wouldn't be a bad pickup. Only thing that makes me think he's heading our way is this

Quote:

While Purdy said he hasn't settled on a choice, he said he knows exactly what he's looking for in his next school.

"A good college town so I'll have a good college experience and everything, a good offensive system where I'll be able to have a good opportunity to play and understand the playbook like that and just an opportunity to win a national championship," Purdy said. "I want to put myself in that kind of situation and help the team win a national championship."

While it may not happen here, it DAMN sure ain't happening at Iowa St
TyHolden
AG

Agnzona
DBill said:

I just moved myself and my family to Gilbert AZ and my house almost backs up to Perry HS. Do we need some local representation for the Ags?

Yes get some eye glasses on him and report back about those ankles.
Bizarre recruitment indeed. Looks like he going to be fun to watch for next several years.
technoviking
AG
yep. would have been nice to have him. however, i'm pumped to see how James Foster pans out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.