Top Recruiting Targets

13,934 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CrazyDayDuck
Aggiefanforever2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Place your bets on which ones decide to come to Aggieland.

Joseph Ossai: WDE, 6'4, 220, 4-star, Conroe, TX. We need a pass rush in the worst possible way and this guy could be the answer. By all accounts it comes down to either UT or A&M. This would be a huge get.

Jeremiah Martin: WDE, 6'5/6'6, 240, 4-star, San Bernardino, CA. Pass rusher, great talent, and is willing to leave Cali. Favorites: A&M, USC, OU, and Oregon.

Leon O'Neal: Safety, 6'1, 190, 4-star, Cypress Springs HS. Safety is not a major need, but he is an elite talent that is strongly considering A&M. Also he can return kicks/punts. Favorites: A&M, OU, Clemson, and Georgia.

Moro Ojomo: Defensive tackle, 6'3, 280, 3-star, Katy HS. Major need. We have no DTs committed besides the Arizona Juco transfer and we just got a new DT coach. You can't compete in the SEC if you can't stop the run. Favorites: UT, A&M, OU, and Notre Dame. He is in Austin this weekend for an official visit and I think that is his likely destination.

Kevontae' Ruggs: OLB, 6'4, 210, 3-star, Montgomery, AL. Major need, we have no OLBs or any LBs committed. He is strongly considering Alabama and Ole Miss, but is warm on A&M. Given that he is a 3 star and underweight he may never play at Bama, and Ole Miss is in a far worse position than A&M. He could be persuaded to join A&M as a pass rusher. Ole Miss will still be in decline from the fiasco with the NCAA so every Ole Miss recruit should be targeted as the future of the program is still so uncertain.

Isaac Taylor-Stuart: CB, 6'2, 187, 4-star, San Diego, CA. We have no CBs committed although we are reasonably set regarding DBs. He is a prototype, all American, and an NFL talent. Favorites: USC, A&M, and Bama.

Charles Strong: RB, 6'1, 220, 4-star, Lake Butler, FL. RB is not a major need, but he is a great talent who is seems to be hot on A&M. He already has a relationship with Jay Graham when he recruited him at FSU. Favorites: Ole Miss, A&M, and FSU. No reason to pick Ole Miss over A&M.

Jashaun Corbin: RB, 6'0/5'11, 190, 4-star, Rockledge, FL. Great talent with running and catching ability. He is probably the least likely to commit out of all they players listed. Jay Graham connection. Favorites: FSU, TCU, A&M, and Tennessee.

I think Jimbo snags Leon O'Neal, Jeremiah Martin, and Charles Strong as late national signing day surprises. It would be wise to make a significant push for LBs because that is a major need and we have none currently committed. Even Jucos would be helpful.
technoviking
AG
Gerald, Corbin, Strong, waddle, Geordon Porter, Umstead Sanders, Martin, Alaimo, Vernon Jackson, Tyrus Wheat, Preston and O'Neal
CrazyDayDuck
Martin, O'Neal, Waddle, Strong, Beal, Jackson and maybe Gerald.
CrazyDayDuck
technoviking said:

Gerald, Corbin, Strong, waddle, Geordon Porter, Umstead Sanders, Martin, Alaimo, Vernon Jackson, Tyrus Wheat, Preston and O'Neal

Never heard about Umstead Sanders until now, but it looks like you are right on him.

Looks like you are right on Matt Alaimo too.
technoviking
AG
Gerald probably will go Florida, his last official visit is to UF. Tyree Wilson looks to be solid though.

I wonder how Leonard Taylor's visit is going this weekend
CrazyDayDuck
You're definitely more on top of things than me. But would we take 3 TEs? That just seems crazy on the surface.
technoviking
AG
I imagine they want at least two TEs, seeing as how we haven't utilized that position the last 6 years, they're gonna need a large sample size to cull the best ones. It seems that jimbo wants well rounded TEs that block and catch. Sternberger fits the bill as well as Taylor and Alaimo. One of those two would be good. I personally like Alaimo's tape more than Taylor. He has very good hands it seems like
CrazyDayDuck
Yeah, Coach Fisher is definitely recruiting TEs hard.

He knows what he needs to make his system successful here.

Just saw that he visited Keaontay Ingram yesterday. That would be a nice flip.
technoviking
AG
Jimbo is makin some bold moves. From what I've read he's visiting folks all over the place.

Alaimo had a good visit it seems at UCLA. That sucks. It doesn't seem over, though.

Saban and Fisher are duking it out right now for a nice collection of recruits. We need jimbo to win these head to heads to make up ground against the behemoth.

Flipping Ingram would be awesome. That visit caught a lot of people off guard it seems like.
CrazyDayDuck
Looks like you're right on Alaimo now favoring UCLA. Now the push for Taylor makes more sense.

And it looks like we may be losing Waddle to Bama.

On the bright side, it looks like Gerald is now leaning towards us.

If we are going to split Waddle and Gerald with Saban, I'll take the DE. We desperately need DEs in this class. At least 3.
technoviking
AG
I agree, waddle looks to be a lost cause. However, Saban is going after Leon o'neal. He visited Leon yesterday and o'neal Is heading to Tuscaloosa this weekend. Vernon Jackson is a tide commit but is visiting us this weekend. Jimbo needs to win these two battles.

If Saban got all three that would put us in a bind going forward.

Gerald is visiting Florida next weekend as well. Let's hope Jimbo gets the last laugh there too.
technoviking
AG
Well crap I couldn't have been more wrong about waddle..
longeryak
technoviking said:

Well crap I couldn't have been more wrong about waddle..
Will Lyles. Without his involvement the kid would already be with all his buddies in Austin.
technoviking
AG
Lol, no. Just a kid that's torn between playing for the team that just won the national championship and playing closer to home so his family can see him easier.

Unless you have some kind of proof you'd like to share.
Chosen One
I can confirm one thing, he has a handler, and that is Will Lyles. Anything beyond that is speculation. He was leaning to Texas over the summer but when Texas took Moore, Waddle changed his attitude. Who knows what he is thinking now or what has gone on, but I'm not a fan of dealing with recruits that utilize street agents.
Joe Exotic
AG
Chosen One said:

I can confirm one thing, he has a handler, and that is Will Lyles. Anything beyond that is speculation. He was leaning to Texas over the summer but when Texas took Moore, Waddle changed his attitude. Who knows what he is thinking now or what has gone on, but I'm not a fan of dealing with recruits that utilize street agents.
TAM85
Love that Fisher is going after Saben's committed recruits. He made it clear to Saben he was coming for him when he showed up outside the 'Bama locker room at the NC game.
CrazyDayDuck
No kidding.

Coach Fisher is more than willing to go toe-to-toe with Saban.

This hire looks better with each passing day.
technoviking
AG
Chosen One said:

you can confirm, eh? please do.

if you can't, then it just sounds like:

CrazyDayDuck
technoviking said:

I agree, waddle looks to be a lost cause. However, Saban is going after Leon o'neal. He visited Leon yesterday and o'neal Is heading to Tuscaloosa this weekend. Vernon Jackson is a tide commit but is visiting us this weekend. Jimbo needs to win these two battles.
I agree.

Even with losing Kirk, our O is still pretty solid. We need some TEs and a fullback (and Coach Fisher is addressing that), but we are pretty good outside of that.

It is on D that we really need to elevate our talent and performance. Getting O'Neal and Jackson will definitely help there. I'm hopeful that we get both in the end.
technoviking
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

technoviking said:

I agree.

Even with losing Kirk, our O is still pretty solid. We need some TEs and a fullback (and Coach Fisher is addressing that), but we are pretty good outside of that.

It is on D that we really need to elevate our talent and performance. Getting O'Neal and Jackson will definitely help there. I'm hopeful that we get both in the end.
I'm disappointed that Wheat pulled out of his visit. javontae-jean baptiste is now visiting though. that would be an awesome pull from out of the region.
Joe Exotic
AG
technoviking said:

Chosen One said:

This rumor was squashed today
CrazyDayDuck
technoviking said:

javontae-jean baptiste is now visiting though. that would be an awesome pull from out of the region.
Yes it would.

A 4 star OLB? Yes please.
cevans_40
AG
Chosen One said:

So Reese Moore the OT made Waddle change his mind?
Chosen One
technoviking said:

Chosen One said:

Not sure why one would consider it sour grapes, Texas has 3 solid receivers committed and will likely land Josh Moore, 50/50 shot at Lawerence Keys out of Louisiana, and still working on the Bush kid from Schertz Clements. Waddle came to Texas for an unofficial visit, a few days ago.

As for the Street Agent, it's something that was reported by the 9.95 guys a while back. The guy is Will Lyles, he is a slim ball who has represented a number of top athletes. Mack Brown stopped recruiting several top athletes because of Lyle's influence. Don't know how this staff will deal with him, or any other street agent, but I hope they stay far away.
technoviking
AG
You, as a fan of this message board's rival school, come here to tell us that a recruit we are trying to get is sanctioned by a street agent; and your proof is that you heard from a guy who is paid to deliver positive recruiting news to your schools fans. Yet other folks have said that your intel on this street agent and their "affiliation" with said recruit is bogus.

Said recruit holds an offer from your school. Has visited your school recently, as you told us; yet, we are to believe that you and your school do not really have an interest in said player because you say so.

You are all over the map. And yes, your whole situation here very much smells of sour grapes.
Hollywood Hogan
technoviking said:

You, as a fan of this message board's rival school, come here to tell us that a recruit we are trying to get is sanctioned by a street agent; and your proof is that you heard from a guy who is paid to deliver positive recruiting news to your schools fans. Yet other folks have said that your intel on this street agent and their "affiliation" with said recruit is bogus.

Said recruit holds an offer from your school. Has visited your school recently, as you told us; yet, we are to believe that you and your school do not really have an interest in said player because you say so.

You are all over the map. And yes, your whole situation here very much smells of sour grapes.
It's not "their"school. That poster went to minnesota state. We own a ton of space in their head though, that's why they are always posting here
Mr Global Warming
The idea that a school has an offer that is officially unofficially an offer they would not honor should the kid commit there and that this super secret recruiting maneuver is known by t-shirt bandwagon fans across the intertrons that choose to post on non-rivals websites for the school they bandwagon for instead of their actual bandwagon school - and that they only happen to have this super secret information on kids that their bandwagon non-rival is recruiting ... ... that definitely sounds legit.
Texas Tea
AG
Chosen One said:

technoviking said:

Chosen One said:

Not sure why one would consider it sour grapes, Texas has 3 solid receivers committed and will likely land Josh Moore, 50/50 shot at Lawerence Keys out of Louisiana, and still working on the Bush kid from Schertz Clements. Waddle came to Texas for an unofficial visit, a few days ago.

As for the Street Agent, it's something that was reported by the 9.95 guys a while back. The guy is Will Lyles, he is a slim ball who has represented a number of top athletes. Mack Brown stopped recruiting several top athletes because of Lyle's influence. Don't know how this staff will deal with him, or any other street agent, but I hope they stay far away.
This Willie Lyles?

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7213699/university-texas-paid-willie-lyles-red-flag

Quote:

Despite learning months earlier that scout Willie Lyles had requested $3,000 from a University of Texas booster to ensure a recruit's visit, the Longhorn football program paid $15,000 to a recruiting service that employed Lyles in 2008-09, according to documents obtained by ESPN's "Outside the Lines."

LaurAg
"So Reese Moore the OT made Waddle change his mind"?

No. Rondale Moore the slot receiver is the Moore in question.

Laura
technoviking
AG
Mr Global Warming said:

The idea that a school has an offer that is officially unofficially an offer they would not honor should the kid commit there and that this super secret recruiting maneuver is known by t-shirt bandwagon fans across the intertrons that choose to post on non-rivals websites for the school they bandwagon for instead of their actual bandwagon school - and that they only happen to have this super secret information on kids that their bandwagon non-rival is recruiting ... ... that definitely sounds legit.
technoviking
AG
Apparently Jashaun Corbin canceled to UT. That's very good for a&m
Chosen One
I acknowledge Waddle is the best receiver in Texas this year, however I still don't understand the whole sour grapes thing. Texas has a great receiver class, and I would love for Texas to get a talent like him, but the whole issue with street agents is one of those things that should concern every fan of college football. I'm not sure if you guys understand how the AAU and their street agent system has taken over college basketball and yes I understand the impact that 7 on 7 is having on college football recruiting in much the same way.
CrazyDayDuck
technoviking said:

Apparently Jashaun Corbin canceled to UT. That's very good for a&m

Yep.

I saw a few recent Crystal Balls with us as the leader now.
technoviking
AG
You came here to downplay a&m gaining momentum with a great receiver with an unfounded willie lyles/street agent story. I'm sorry, but that's sour grapes.

Perhaps the 7v7 culture is undermining the Texas high school football scene. But, if you are insinuating that a&m is alone in approaching these 7v7 folks and the longhorns aren't, you are mistaken:

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.