Dashaun White decommits to OU

6,314 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 12thmanfootball
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sure we really didn't want him...
Class of 65
AG
There is a linebacker at one of the Cypress schools last name Atkinson who really wants to come to A @ M.
Saw him in the playoffs and reminded me of Dat. We don't seem to have any interest in him.
Bobaloo
EAD 65 said:

There is a linebacker at one of the Cypress schools last name Atkinson who really wants to come to A @ M.
Saw him in the playoffs and reminded me of Dat. We don't seem to have any interest in him.

His pop played at A&M. Posted that the former regime had very little interest in him. Wasn't the right size. If he's anything like his pop then he can help us big time.
MaxPower
Ha. I misread the title as he already decommitted from OU. The only shocking thing about that would be that it wouldn't be shocking at all.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Sumlin's LB recruiting has been poor for years, a couple good gets but way short on #s. Fisher, Elko and new LB coach have ALOT of ground to make up at LB. This does not help. Even if his commit had stuck, still way short on #s.

Right now on our roster we have 4 LBs we would want to put on the field, and Sumlin was recruiting ONE LB for this class (so we could sign 17 WRs).

We need at least 5 LBs we would be OK to put on the field and 3 more that are developing at any given time, not 2 and 2 developing.
DallasAg 94
EAD 65 said:

Looking at his info, he has 1 Offer - Air Force and is committed.

Listed as 6'0/200lbs.

Most on here suggest we need LBs at the 225/230 range.

Apparently also the grandson of JDC.

It'd make a great "Made-for-Netflix" movie to walk-on at A&M, gain a scholly and go on to greater things.
TMartin
Both Bama and Georgia had extremely physical linebacker play last night and it's more obvious than ever that A&M is not deep enough at this position. Hard to believe Sumlin was an all conference LB in the Big 10 and Chief coached LBs although he didn't want to recruit them.
HarveyBirdman
AG
Fun fact....Jason Atkinson was my favorite player when I was a kid. I still have a Neuman wristband with the defensive plays/ calls on it thar he gave me after a game. I always thought it was cool that it only had 5 plays
12thmanfootball
AG
Patrick Atkinson is the type of player we need on our team to change the culture from Pimp Sticks and Rap Music at practice to football fundamentals, team work, and heart. A definite do want. Knowing him he will probably walk on if we don't give him a scholarship.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.