JayVeon Cardwell - CB?

4,547 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JimbosHatBarelyFits
Tamu_mgm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why haven't we offered this CB prospect out of Cibolo?? Really good film, and is an absolute ball hawk.

http://247sports.com/player/jayveon-cardwell-87917
MaxPower
I don't understand our CB recruiting in general. We have a lot of safeties over the past two years but few corners. We seem to have put all our eggs in the Sheffield basket (twice) with little to no backup plan. Given our current targets we may have no choice but to start pursuing the next "tier".
beerad12man
AG
Our recruits for corners this class is frustrating, but in fairness....

Oliver
Siverand
Howard
Fuller
Jones
Renfro
Morris

Are all sophs or under and all slated at cb right now. Some are at nickel but could help at corner too.

1-2 might end up as safeties or nickels, but that's still quite a bit of underclassmen to choose from. We definitely needed at least one more pure corner in this class besides Jordan Moore who's more of an unknown where he ends up
Aston04
AG
In fairness, not a great offer list. Basically second tier schools in the recruiting game (tech, osu, smu, etc).
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Good thing is Oliver and Myles Jones will hold it down in 2018, 2019. So we aren't in a huge rush to sign a ton of players. We have our starters locked up for 18 and 19.
MaxPower
Why are we banking on a 3* fish who has never played a down to lock down the starting job for 2 years?
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
MaxPower said:

Why are we banking on a 3* fish who has never played a down to lock down the starting job for 2 years?

You'll see soon
MaxPower
Oh well its solved then. Thanks. :rolls eyes:
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Book marked
AG
Buceesnuggets said:

MaxPower said:

You'll see soon

I'll tell you, there ain't much fun in getting older, but I do enjoy seeing these exact same comments made year after year after year. They are almost always wrong, but one can hope I guess.
Meximan
The guys they do have are BIG. If they pan out, this team will look and be real intimidating.
Tamu_mgm
AG
beerad12man said:

Our recruits for corners this class is frustrating, but in fairness....

Oliver
Siverand
Howard
Fuller
Jones
Renfro
Morris

Are all sophs or under and all slated at cb right now. Some are at nickel but could help at corner too.

1-2 might end up as safeties or nickels, but that's still quite a bit of underclassmen to choose from. We definitely needed at least one more pure corner in this class besides Jordan Moore who's more of an unknown where he ends up
True, and apparently Myles Jones impressed big time during summer 1 on 1s / workouts. But looks like Howard and Morris will be nickels, and doubt Siverand will be impactful.

We do have Jordan Moore committed in the '18 class and he looks to be a good one, but maybe I'm greedy and want one more.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
4 said:

Buceesnuggets said:

MaxPower said:

You'll see soon

I'll tell you, there ain't much fun in getting older, but I do enjoy seeing these exact same comments made year after year after year. They are almost always wrong, but one can hope I guess.

So far, so good.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Buceesnuggets said:

Good thing is Oliver and Myles Jones will hold it down in 2018, 2019. So we aren't in a huge rush to sign a ton of players. We have our starters locked up for 18 and 19.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.