2018 Secondary Recruiting?

3,757 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JimbosHatBarelyFits
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just from looking at our targets and where they are leaning, as of right now it looks like Moore is going to be our only DB in this class. I know we have taken a couple big DB classes, but is that how we expect this to play out or are there other guys we are going to target (presumably out of state)?
beerad12man
AG
Leon O'Neal too. We'll probably try for at least one more db
farmersfightatm
I'm mostly concerned about CB...we seemed to be stacked at the Safety position...
Bone6
It's much easier to find unheralded, non blue chip secondary contributors than defensive front 7 players, particularly in Texas with the spread. I'd much rather roll into August needing to pick up a couple more DB's than not having any LB's, DE's, or DT's yet on the commit list.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Bone6 said:

It's much easier to find unheralded, non blue chip secondary contributors than defensive front 7 players, particularly in Texas with the spread. I'd much rather roll into August needing to pick up a couple more DB's than not having any LB's, DE's, or DT's yet on the commit list.
This

Also, when you look back at the '17 class, we signed the following:

Tucker
Myles Jones
Carper
Morris
Renfro
Howard

So we can afford to sign a small secondary class in 2018.
longeryak
Bone6 said:

2018 is one of the deepest secondary classes of all time in Texas and one of the weakest DL classes.
MaxPower
Buceesnuggets said:

Bone6 said:

This

Also, when you look back at the '17 class, we signed the following:

Tucker
Myles Jones
Carper
Morris
Renfro
Howard

So we can afford to sign a small secondary class in 2018.
Aren't most of those guys safety? CBseems to be the problem.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Jones
Morris
Howard

These guys are for sure corners

Not sure on Carper or Renfro.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.