Recruiting Update 5! (Cross-posted from The Texas A&M Football Board)

2,703 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pylon Cam
Pylon Cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Barton Clement committed to play football for Texas A&M University!

I determined that it was vital to release a recruiting update now given the fact that the YESSIR BBQ is almost upon us. I will update y'all below if I get any new information today.

Brian Johnson committed to play football for Texas A&M University on Friday. Brian Johnson is a three-star linebacker out of Manvel High School in Manvel, Texas. He is rated as the 711th best linebacker in the country and the 49th best linebacker per composite in the class of 2017. Brian holds offers from 19 schools. These offers include Oklahoma State, Missouri, Louisville, and West Virginia. All 11 crystal ball predictions were slated to Texas A&M. Brian Johnson is listed as being 6-1.5 and 183 pounds (although those numbers aren't updated). He is currently weighing somewhere above 190lbs. Brian Johnson has been electronically timed running a 4.36 40. He also loves to hit. Brian is quite the athlete. If he doesn't fill out weight wise as we expect, then our coaches would probably move him over to the nickel position. Brian Johnson is a prime redshirt candidate. A year in Texas A&M's strength and conditioning program would go a long way towards him being ready to play linebacker in the SEC. His weight seems to be the main reason why he has a fairly low rating. We also need to remember that high school football players who haven't even started their senior season aren't already going to be SEC ready. Brian is teammates with current A&M commit Deneric Prince, as well as Texas A&M priority target and TexAgs' current number one player in the state Jalen Preston. It is good to keep the Manvel pipeline flowing.
Commitment Tweet:
YESSIR Tweet:
Highlights:

Top Lists
Terrace Marshall
Terrace Marshall is a five-star wide receiver out of Parkway High School in Bossier City, Louisiana. He holds 26 offers in total. Terrace is projected to end up at L.S.U.

Jalen Preston
Jalen Preston is a four-star wide receiver out of Manvel High School in Manvel, Texas. He is rated as the 46th best player in the country and the 8th best wide receiver per composite in the class of 2018. Jalen currently holds 22 offers, from teams including Michigan, Oregon, and L.S.U. Jalen's teammates Brian Johnson and Deneric Prince are currently committed to the Aggies. Jalen is projected to end up at Texas A&M.

Al'vonte Woodward
Al'vonte Woodward is a four-star wide receiver out of Lamar High School in Houston, Texas. He is rated as the 73rd best player in the country and the 14th best player per composite in the class of 2018. Al'vonte holds 31 offers, from teams including Ohio State and Alabama. His projected landing place is Texas.

Darrell Simpson
Darrell Simpson is a four-star offensive tackle out of Northwest High School in Justin, Texas. He is rated as the 153rd best player in the country and the 12th best offensive tackle per composite in the class of 2018. Darrell holds 21 total offers, from teams including Michigan and Ohio State. He is projected to end up at Oklahoma.

Trevor Trout
Trevor Trout is a four-star defensive tackle out of Chaminade High School in Saint Louis, Missouri. He is rated as the 170th best player in the country and the 17th best defensive tackle per composite in the class of 2018. Trevor holds 28 offers, and nine of those are SEC offers. Trevor is expected to stay close to home and end up at The University of Missouri.

Joshua Moore
Joshua Moore will be committing on Twitter on Sunday (today) at 3 P.M. He has chosen this date (June 18th) in order to honor his deceased brother. There are no more crystal ball projections left for Joshua Moore to A&M. The majority of Jordan's projections have also flipped to Nebraska from A&M. This is somewhat worrisome, but crystal ball projections are only one piece of the puzzle. Joshua and Jordan have mentioned in the past that they want to and will play together in college. Therefore, if Joshua does end up committing to Nebraska, there is a chance that we will lose Jordan as well. However, I believe that Jordan would still stay committed to The Good Guys even if Joshua chooses the Corn Huskers. That being said, the fact of the matter is that there is really no evidence besides the crystal ball predictions that Joshua will commit somewhere other than Texas A&M. However, do prepare yourself for the possibility that Joshua will commit to Nebraska today.

First of all, Joshua Moore will be attending the YESSIR BBQ today. I confirmed this with his brother, and others have gotten confirmation from Joshua himself. He is committing today as well. It seems odd that Joshua would commit to Nebraska while at Texas A&M's BBQ, especially given the fact that his brother Jordan (an A&M commit, of course) will also be at the BBQ. Jordan also posted this tweet:
He posted this tweet on June 15th, which is when all of the crystal ball predictions for Joshua to A&M started to roll in. I am inclined to believe Jordan and disregard the crystal ball projections, as Jordan is trustworthy and privy to the intel in this situation.

Another big piece of evidence that there is suggesting that Joshua will commit to Texas A&M is his teaser for the commitment video.

Joshua wanted to commit with all of his brothers at his side, and this is why the video is at a cemetery.
There are a few major lines of evidence.
Joshua's gloves look to be Texas A&M gloves, and Nebraska fans in the Twitter comments admit that
Jordan Moore (Joshua's brother and A&M commit) and Leon O'Neal (A&M commit) are seen on the left side laughing. Why would Leon be happy if Joshua was committing somewhere else, and more importantly, why would Leon be there at all?
Joshua is wearing maroon socks: This is a good sign, but it may just be coincidental. Maroon isn't one of Yoakam's school colors, but it definitely is the main color of Texas A&M.

Who commits at the BBQ?
Joshua Moore seems to be the most likely target here. Other names to watch include offensive lineman Barton Clement and defensive end Joseph Ossai. There is a chance that we could see a surprise commitment or two; from A&M targets and presumed leads Jalen Preston, DaShaun White, or Tyree Wilson.

Who all will be in attendance?
I probably missed a few names here, as I have to go off of what free information I can find on Numbers and/or looking at Twitter feeds of recruits. I am new to the hobby, and so I don't have very many connections yet.
Players who have confirmed to me that they will be in attendance:
- (Commit) Jordan Moore
- (Commit) Colten Blanton
- (Commit) Leon O'Neal
- (Commit) Seth Small
- Joshua Moore
- Jalen Preston
- (2019) Deshawn Gaddie
- (2019) Isaiah Spiller
- (2019) Kenyon Green
Other players who I have heard are expected to show up (expect one or two of these to be wrong, and also that I probably missed a few):
-Terrace Marshall
-Jaylen Waddle
-Al'vonte Woodward
-Tommy Bush
-Barton Clement
-Joseph Ossai
-Jaquayln Crawford
-Tyree Wilson
-Mustapha Muhammad

2019 Names:
-Jordan Whittington
-Arjei Henderson
-NaNa Osafo-Mensah
-Marcus Stripling
-DeMarvin Leal
-Tyler Johnson
-Marcus Banks
WTF95
No mention of Clement commit. Not much of an update. Why no updated update.
Pylon Cam
AG
WTF95 said:

No mention of Clement commit. Not much of an update. Why no updated update.
I must admit that I have been paying a lot more attention to the thread on the A&M football board
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.