My recruiting Updates

34,319 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cevans_40
Pylon Cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will start posting the recruiting updates that I write on the A&M Football Board here as well. In the future, I will only post the updates here. I want to revitalize this place!
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Good idea, this board has become damn near obsolete
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
Nvm
padreislandagfan
HiWay6
AG
Very Good. Recruiting news, updates used to be posted here, but have moved to other pages. Seems appropriate to post here or move items to home page or Aggie football and delete this section.
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
You don't care about recruiting updates on a recruiting board?
MidTnAg
AG
Nothing has happened in recruiting since 6/18?

Impossible!
LegettHall
We need a top-10 class. Every school does.

Rivals has us at #17.

Things have to pick up when HS football starts.
Mr Ed
This thread is on life support.
FtBendTxAg
AG
There is no revitalizing the recruiting board. It's been a ghost land for the better part of a decade.
HiWay6
AG
Yes it is, yes it is!!!!!
Class of 65
AG
Wake me up when there is new life here.
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
He hasn't posted on the football board in ages too. I imagine he stopped posting due to all the flack he got.
TyHolden
AG
Too busy posting on politics board....
PhatMack19
AG
Bama is currently ranked #52 in the country and 12th in the SEC. I don't ever remember Saban slow playing recruiting like this. I'm sure they will still end up with one of the top ranked recruiting classes, but it's kind of interesting that they only have 7 commits a month before the 1st game.
GoonerSooner
https://media.giphy.com/media/O38dU2kkQ9sWc/giphy.gif
Bone6
Yeah, I posted about it on the main board. I wonder if this is the point where Alabama goes from one of the most dominant runs in college football history to simply being really, really good under Saban (yet not the absolute juggernaut they were the rest of the Saban era).
beerad12man
AG
Meh every single one of their recruits(minus the kicker) are highly rated. They'll end up with the same percentage 4/5 stars as usual. It's just a smaller class as of now.

That said, a couple of others like Ohio st could keep them from being quite as dominant, but mostly it's just the smaller class thing
MaxPower
What Saban is doing is pretty unprecedented. All the other greats had dips for 2, 3, even 5 years where, even if they were winning 9 or 10 games, weren't necessarily title contenders year in, year out for a decade. So basically it's safe to assume that it's unlikely to last for too much longer. The Big Ten and ACC have already stepped up their game the last couple years, though I think in general Florida and Tennessee are the key. When both Florida and Tennessee have been very good, it's hurt Bama in recruiting and kept them from long periods of owning the conference.
badharambe
AG
sooooo, when we flipping Josh Moore?
Pylon Cam
AG
Not happening. I think we get Jaylen Waddle though, and we have a legit shot with Terrace Marshall.
Pylon Cam
AG
I've been posting continuously, but I've kept a really low profile over the past couple of weeks. I'm done making myself angry on the politics board and I'm back to talk Aggie football and recruiting! I'll hopefully have something out this week that I'll post on here and the A&M football board. As school has started back up again, I plan to post a full article at least every other week and quick updates as needed.
MidTnAg
AG
Recruiting Update 9/2/2017

Offers from TAMU as listed on the 247 Composite 2018 Recruiting Web site:

wer=warmer; wm=warm

National Rank Position Player (state) colleges listed as being warmer or warm or cool with Crystal Ball %

#8 - WR - Terrace Marshall (LA) wer (lsu-95%); wm (al,fsu,tu,tamu-0%)
#26 - CB - Isaac Taylor-Stuart (CA) - wm (al-11%,mich,neb,ohSt,usc-88%,wash), cool (tamu -0%)
#67 - WR - Jaylen Waddle-(TX) wer (al-7%, tamu -38%), wm (fsu-23%,ore-7%)
#151 - DT - Bobby Brown (TX) - wm (al-90%,bay,ou-9%, tamu -0%)
#185- DT- Trevor Trout MO - wm (tamu,+13 others [mo-100%])
#217 - WSDE - Joseph Ossai (TX) wer (tamu -100%), wm (nd,tu)
#266 - WSDE - Jeremiah Martin (CA) - wer(al,ucla,usc-100%), wm (az,asu,col,ore, tamu,utah,waSt)
#349 - TE - Michael Ezeike (CA) - wm (asu,mich,ore-100%, tamu,ucla,usc,utah)
#468 - ATH - Vernon Jackson (TX) wer (al-100%, tamu), wm (tcu)
#796 - ATH - Michael Williams (LA) - wm (al,asu,lsu-100%,mis, tamu)
#1533 - OLB - Calvin Hart (FL) wer (ncst, tamu),wm (pit,rut) -- all 0%
#3 (JC) - DT - Tayland Humphrey (KS) - wm (fiu-33%,okst-33%, tamu -0%), cool(ark-33%)
Pylon Cam
AG
I know that I was going to put out a recruiting piece today but I just can't. I can't pay attention to college football after last night's second half **** show. No one who is reasonable reasonable is still supporting Sumlin. I am leaving TexAgs and Aggie football behind temporarily for my mental health. Thanks and Gig'em.
whatthehey78
AG
That's okay and good luck...he's not going to be here to coach em anyway.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
MidTnAg
AG
We still have to get recruits. I don't know who's going to recruit them. But we still need to get recruits for our next coaches.

I guess our current coaches will have to pretend that they are going to be here next year and continue recruiting as if they were all the while knowing that they won't be.
TCSD84
Just lost out on Vernon Jackson. Bama over us. Bet he turns out to be fantastic.
Chosen One
Texas site is reporting that Max Wright will be making a unofficial visit to Austin in the next few weeks.
PhatMack19
AG
Chosen One said:

Texas site is reporting that Max Wright will be making a unofficial visit to Austin in the next few weeks.
He tore his ACL last night.
badharambe
AG
in light of recent events.....maybe we can get both? But im guessing we have a much better shot at Moore now.
technoviking
AG
A Crystal ball for the good guys came in 40 minutes ago for Joshua
MidTnAg
AG
Seems like the flow of recruiting information has been less than in past several years, esp before Sumlin was let go.

Sumlin and his staff strongly went after middle to low 3-star recruits early in the recruiting process. Hope that changes under Coach Fisher. Even though some 3-star recruits will develop into very good players (or even excellent players), we cannot have 10-win seasons will mostly 3-star players.

This season, we currently have 46, 3-star players.
DallasAg 94
Fisher doesn't have time to send you updates.

Sumlin recruited very well. 2018 has 1 5Star and 43 4Star players, with 12 CBS schools, so if we split the haul with the Sips and get 22 players of 4+Stars... we'd still have to sign 3Stars, if we stayed in Texas.

Sumlin had several Top15 signing classes.

We should and do expect more from Fisher, but a Top5 Poll at the end of the season is what he will be measured by.
beerad12man
AG
I think sumlin was average to at best slightly above average mas a recruiter. Top 15 isn't "very well" for what all we have to sell. It's merely average. We can't be comparing it to what Sherman or Fran we're recruiting to. They didn't have anywhere near as much to sell.

In the last 2 classes we landed 16 4 stars and 29 3 stars. That's a bad ratio of studs to lower tier
Guys we had to settle on.
SEC Champs
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

There is no revitalizing the recruiting board. It's been a ghost land for the better part of a decade.

Not really a decade, but since TA ran off Holden, M.D. for posting recruiting info that was arguably more insightful.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.