#1 player in state. releases top 10.

24,427 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MaxPower
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I'll continue to slap sips fans down with facts when they make stupid assumptions about my school.
Still waiting for this supposed slapping down with facts.
Fightin Ag491
aggball2010 said:

Fightin Ag491 said:

aggball2010 said:

Chosen One said:

I believe a great coach can turn things around over night. Look what Stoops did in two years at Oklahoma, Look what Saban did in 3 years at Alabama, look what Meyer did at Florida and Ohio State. If Chief was going to turn things around it would have happened already.

There is no reason for the Ags to have the 90th ranked defense just like there is no reason for the Horns to have the 108th ranked defense. That is just bad coaching.

The good news for the Ags is that Bama and LSU are both due for a down cycle and i think you are about to see it happen. Now all you have to do is manufacture a upturn.

As for who is great, lets just say all these kids are a gamble, but I'd rather gamble with 5'star kids than 3'star kids.

I hate when people like you form an opinion by looking at the most ******ed statistics like total Defensive rank.

Why? Because yards given up or total interceptions or 3rd down defense ranking don't and aren't the the reason teams win or lose games. They are simply stats.

Points by opposing team per game and offensive points scored per game are the only stats that matter. Does it matter that arkansas racked up yards in the game last year? No, because a&M had like 2 or 3 goal line stands that they didn't score a point on a&m's defense.

But idiots like yourself seem to care about defensive rankings that include such stats like yards allowed.

2 seasons before chief got here, we gave up 30 points per game and scored 40 points per game on average.

2 seasons with chief we gave up 23 points per game and scored 31 points per game on average.

That a -7 increase in two season on defense, and -9 decrease in offensive scoring average.

There are two sides of the ball and your mental ability can't allow you to realize that. Not to mention the fact that defensive talent alone at the other schools you mentioned blew A&Ms out of the water when comparing what chief inherited and those other schools dc's. Recruiting rankings are grossly overrated when actually looking for team talent. A&ms top classes are mostly if not completely related to top offensive talent, and that doesn't help the defense on the field.

Look at your sips. Y'all have had top classes, but only 20 of your 46 total 4&5*s were on the defensive side of the ball. Y'all have given up 31 points per game on average. 8 of the 20 defensive 4*s are DB's. Is it really any wonder that last season the sips gave up more rushing td's than passing TD's.... IN THE PASS HAPPY BIG 12 CONFERENCE? Hint, its because you suck at stopping the run because you haven't recruited top talent on the DL for years, and didn't recruit depth at the position for years leading up to 2016.

In short, your defensive opinions are dumb as f***.

Translated: "I don't care about any valid points you make. Your opinions don't align with mine on the internet, nor does your team fandom, so I take it as a threat. No matter what you say, I will call you names because I am insecure and no matter if my retort is based off of facts or not, the fact that you disagree with me makes you an enemy. I hate you, internet stranger."

Dude, grow up. Take your defensive heap of emotional BS to the OR page. The guy didn't make any personal attacks and you basically just lost your mind on the keyboard in response

Nah I'm good. I'll continue to slap sips fans down with facts when they make stupid assumptions about my school. If you are so hurt by my usage of "idiot" and "******ed", maybe you should grow some thicker skin? Hell I don't care if you do or not, doesn't change me in any way.
Haha, clearly
HTownAg
AG
ContinentalAg said:

Chief can make lemonaid out of lemons, so not really concerned. I just hope Mazzone can find the right players for his offense.
Yep, last year's defense with the No.1 pick in the draft along with Evans and Hall also drafted was just awesome..........
HTownAg
AG
Aggie Rick said:

Overrated. If Sumlin wanted him he would have pushed harder.
That is also why Tom Herman, Urban Meyer and Nick Saban can find Alief Taylor HS on a map and Sumlin can't....They wanted Brennan Eagles bad...Sumlin lost another in his own backyard......
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Quote:

Chief can make lemonaid out of lemons, so not really concerned. I just hope Mazzone can find the right players for his offense.

When has he ever done this? Was it when he was recruiting top shelf future NFL studs at Tennessee or when he was pulling in all of those top shelf NFL studs at LSU?

All I know is that so far, he's yet to make our defense even remotely respectable. And that was with the best defensive player in the nation lining up on the edge for him.

I also know that we're not pulling in any more talent than we were when we got the guys he couldn't get to perform, so I'm confused as to why I'm supposed to expect him to do it now?

Yes, I know he took unheralded guys at LSU and made them stars - but they were 1-2 unheralded guys surrounded by studs which let them learn and grow into the stars they became without much pressure. They also typically had studs behind them if they didn't perform.

So far I've seen nothing that convinces me Chief can take the talent he has (and apprently will have) access to here and get our defense to where it needs to be. Luckily for him, our offensive coaches don't seem to know how to build anything that can stay reasonably consistent against even mediocre defenses, so he doesn't have the spotlight on him.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Chosen One said:

Ohio State, LSU and Texas are the only names to look at. He will attend one of these schools

User name checks out
cc10106
HTownAg said:

ContinentalAg said:

Yep, last year's defense with the No.1 pick in the draft along with Evans and Hall also drafted was just awesome..........
They weren't bad until Myles had to play on one leg, and the offense could no longer sustain drives.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Was it the injury Miles suffered when Skipper took a cheap shot?
MidTnAg
AG
Last year's defense was ranked #90 in the nation.

Definitely not lemonade.
MaxPower
I'd be interested in whether a defense has ever ranked worse with the first defensive player taken in the draft. I find it unlikely.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.