2018 top 10 Texas high school football recruits

23,400 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Chosen One
MidTnAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgBank said:

That is why recruiting in traditional SEC country is so important; not every successful HS offense is running the spread.
As I understand it, Jimbo runs essentially a "Pro" style offense, not the spread like Sumlin did.
Foxo
AG
I thought bubble gum boy had everyone with talent wrapped up.
Chosen One
It's become clear that Texas will take upwards of 27 recruits this cycle. Right now they are sitting at 19 signed guys and 2 who will sign in February.

Jimbo is putting the full Court pressure on DT Keondre Coburn and RB Keaontay Ingram. I think Ingram is pretty solid, he likey would have signed in December but he didn't want to have anything take away from his focus on winning a second straight state title. Coburn is another story, he continues to say he is solid, but he says this while looking around. This one won't be over until NSD.

Texas has 6 other slots to fill. The thinking is that They will take the following

1 - Slot receiver
3 - Defensive linemen
1 - Linebacker
1 - Offensive linemen

Any of those numbers could change as guys commit to other places.

Outside of a couple of Juco linemen Texas is actively recruiting I have no idea who they are after for the offensive line. My personal feeling is they need to sign a minimum of 6 guys, but I don't know what is happening with the Grad transfers.

Same goes with the slot receivers spot.

Defensive line is the real battle spot as Texas is behind the eight ball and needs to make up some ground. Most important to them is keeping Coburn. Lose him and it is a up hill battle from here on out. Texas is still after Joseph Ossa, Jarrett Jackson, Daniel Carson, and Couretre Alexander. At DT Texas is pursuing Moro Ojomo, and a new name, Otito Ogbonnia out of Katy Taylor. Linebacker is the same name, DaShaun White.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.