dang, stanford!

9,422 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bone6
AnalogyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
just looking at the recruit rankings at #20:
only 12 commits, but 3 5 stars and 5 4 stars.

that is some dense recruiting!
technoviking
AG
AnalogyAg said:

Two of the top rated OTs in the country, one from Texas no less. They did well.
BombayAg
Don't football players have to be academic as well to get into Stanford?
I mean you can't be a great player but stupid to be eligible there, right?
cc10106
If i could go anywhere and play ball and get a free ride, it would be hard to turn down Stanford.
94chem
Quote:

Don't football players have to be academic as well to get into Stanford?
Generally not a problem with o-linemen. They are the women's soccer players of NCAA football.
JoeOlson
AG
Stanford gives them a great education, they live in the middle of the action and they get a good shot to play in the NFL. What OL turns that down?
Meximan
The Mathews Clan.
LegettHall
AnalogyAg said:

Rivals has them today at #14.

14 commits. Rivals may be wrong.
DB Coach
AG
It hurts seeing Texas kids going out of state, but it would be hard to turn down arguably the best education in the country. And yes, players have to go through the same process that regular students do. I've had 2 kids in the last 8 years commit and play there. Both had to take extra AP courses their senior year in order to get in.
AnalogyAg
Quote:

They are the women's soccer players of NCAA football.
I don't get this statement. Are you aware that most NCAA women's soccer programs wont even LOOK at a player unless her grades are exceptional? Most players are on a combination athletic/academic scholarship.

I really think you know very little about women's soccer.
themadmatter
He's saying O-lineman are generally smart, like soccer players.
BombayAg
DB Coach said:

It hurts seeing Texas kids going out of state, but it would be hard to turn down arguably the best education in the country. And yes, players have to go through the same process that regular students do. I've had 2 kids in the last 8 years commit and play there. Both had to take extra AP courses their senior year in order to get in.

If I remember, JFF also got into Stanford

Edit:
Yeah!

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Johnny-Manziel-7025/RecruitInterests
DB Coach
AG
BombayAg said:

DB Coach said:

Edit:
Yeah!

An offer to play football and actually getting in are two totally different things. He was probably close enough to extend an offer, but each player has to go through the same admissions process as all other students at Stanford.
94chem
AnalogyAg said:

Quote:

I don't get this statement. Are you aware that most NCAA women's soccer programs wont even LOOK at a player unless her grades are exceptional? Most players are on a combination athletic/academic scholarship.

I really think you know very little about women's soccer.
Great irony in your user name.
BombayAg
DB Coach said:

BombayAg said:

DB Coach said:

Edit:
Yeah!

An offer to play football and actually getting in are two totally different things. He was probably close enough to extend an offer, but each player has to go through the same admissions process as all other students at Stanford.

I don't understand.
Are you saying that he might get an offer to play but then he might still not get admitted to a school?
Bone6
Quote:

I don't understand.

Are you saying that he might get an offer to play but then he might still not get admitted to a school?
It's the same as us offering a kid who's a grade risk with the NCAA. The Stanford coaching staff has to worry about their own admissions in addition to the NCAA clearinghouse whereas most schools will allow any kid who clears the NCAA minimum requirements.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.