Wesley Bowers LB Forestville MD

4,831 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Punked Shank
Doc Daneeka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A little on the short side at 5'11" but is a terrific athlete...
Nike sparq score of 119.22 (for reference Santino Marchiol scored lower in every category and had a rating of 76.83) ... Bowers scored second overall sparq score at D.C. regional out of all athletes ...
very aggressive linebacker...
Has good pass coverage ability as well as run stop ability...
Very little offers... not sure if grades or height that is cause of this...
Very high potential to valuation ratio...

check out his tape...

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3100666/wesley-bowers

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Inb4hellomrbowers

I hope our coaches don't dismiss a guy based on a measurable. We need straight up football players.
Doc Daneeka
Btw I wasn't trying to say anything negative about Marchiol... He's a great linebacker!
cevans_40
AG
Yes please
cevans_40
AG
On a separate note, OP, where do you find these guys? You are always posting threads like this. Just curious how you go about finding this stuff?
Doc Daneeka
I look at sparq results from combines around the country. I look at accolades in district, region, state. Then I look at level of competition. Then I watch their tape. I do a few other things but thats some of the stuff I do.
eATMup-Reveille
Doc Daneeka said:

I look at sparq results from combines around the country. I look at accolades in district, region, state. Then I look at level of competition. Then I watch their tape. I do a few other things but thats some of the stuff I do.

You should be on someone's payroll doing this type of work.
cevans_40
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

That sounds like an hour or so of work for a player. That's awesome work and I am glad you do it. I will also echo the sentiment that you should be getting paid.
sambaag
Kid can ball. I want 6'4" linebackers as much as anyone, but I'll take a short dude with nose for the ball, some athleticism, and a bad attitude.
Look at the habitual masturbator! See how thin, pale and haggard he appears; how his eyes are sunken; how long and cadaverous is his cast of countenance; how irritable he is and how sluggish, mentally and physically; how afraid he is to meet the eye of his fellow, feel his damp and chilling hand, so characteristic of great vital exhaustion.” Dr Henry Guernsey, Plain Talks on Avoided Subjects (1882)
Bone6
I'm not a pro scout, but even if that kid doesn't project as a sure thing All American at his size, he just seems like a kid who could play a lot of meaningful, good snaps and contribute.
Meximan
A lot of great linebackers were right around 5'11", 6'0". Ray Lewis is all of 6'1", and that might be in shoes.

In Bowers' case, he's in the Maryland area, and this staff clearly focuses primarily on the Texas region (to their detriment, in many cases). He also has very little in the way of interest from even the scouting sites. Looks like someone who just fell through the cracks.
Meximan
P.S. To be honest, you could actually parlay your hobby into a business if you committed to it. Even simply compiling a list of names and tape and presenting them to various schools to build interest in the overlooked prospects is a marketable product, at a small fee per dossier. Scouts don't have to be employed by a single school, you can very much be an independent "talent evaluator" or "research marketer", or some other fancy such name.

For instance, it would be nice to see this kid get a look-see from a school like a Maryland or one of their 1-AA schools, or a place like Sam Houston, Lamar, or Prairie View and see what happens.
Southlake
Dat Ngyun, Zack Thomas, etc.
Punked Shank
AG
OP most likely already does this for a paycheck in some type of fashion and just passing along information to us sheep.

....unless he doesn't. Then you need to quit your day job and get paid for this type of work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.