Chaisson

7,535 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by sharpdressedman
MarriedInAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What am I missing? At 6'4 211, that seems really light for a DE. Big time recruit but is he an instant impact guy. Are we heavy invested or just an option at this time for his commit? Whats the story here?
... North Shore, not SEC ready blah blah...

AgsForTheWin
AG
That's about the size Dae Dae was as a senior in HS. I'm not sure what the story is with him. Seems like we don't have a shot
TMartin
Sorry to have to post this every year but North Shore kids don't go to A&M. The old head coach who is now the Galena Park AD seems to have always had it in for A&M. North Shore kids go to lsu or tu even to the point that the North Shore coaches drive them there to seal the deal. I believe one of the A&M staff writers said A&M should just quit offering North Shore kids and to tell the school that's their intention. Sad how some high school coaches behave.
MarriedInAggie
Always heard that about North Shore. Still surprises me how much influence a HS coach can have against a school, and for what. Would be interesting to know the personal grudge that has created the riff.
Meximan
I tried to dig and find out if the suspects involved have SWC ties that would explain it, but bios are lacking. The list of possible persons responsible:

David Aymond (coach 'til 2014, possible current AD)
Jon Kay (current coach)
Vince Sebo (possible former AD)

The Galena Park ISD website is not forthcoming with faculty lists and staff lists. It says nothing about who the current athletic department figureheads are, that I can find off a quick search. I'm no detective and I have other things to do with my time.
TMartin
David Aymond was the head coach and is the AD and this began a long time ago.
MarriedInAggie
Gotcha. I've been following for about 3-4 years. How long ago? Who was the HC that stirred the pot? Did we pull on offer from his son? Why the hate?
SEC Champs
AG
Aw, come on! You think coaches don't like brand new F-150's, too?
InMyOpinion
MarriedInAggie said:

Still surprises me how much influence a HS coach can have against a school, and for what. Would be interesting to know the personal grudge that has created the riff.

Bag men visit high school coaches too
MarriedInAggie
Totally get that. But this isn't West Side story. Cross "turf" lines and make it right. Too much talent is being missed. If its all about the "bag men", then we're failing. I refuse to believe that's the only reason, but even so it's still amazing to me that no one from NS has bucked the trend. Thanks TA. I'm good now.
millertyme
AG
Tiki Hardeman was from North Shore, wasn't he?
FrontPorchAg
Wede01 said:

Aw, come on! You think coaches don't like brand new F-150's, too?
250s
FrontPorchAg
millertyme said:

There have been a few exceptions but I remember this since I started following recruiting in the 90s
Chosen One
Set the sack record at the Under Armour game.
sharpdressedman
Mtn_Guide said:

millertyme said:

There have been a few exceptions but I remember this since I started following recruiting in the 90s
Don't get distracted by the statistical outliers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.