Patrick Atkinson, 2018 Middle Linebacker

22,201 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Doc Daneeka
wreckingcrew43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey guys, it is Jason Atkinson, linebacker from the early 90s. I wanted to give you an update on my son, Patrick. He is a junior linebacker at Cy Fair High School. Check out his highlight video on Hudl.

He recently was ranked the #11 middle linebacker in Texas for 2018 recruits by Lonestar Prospects. This was his first year on varsity so the word is just starting to get out. We got our first and second college recruiting letters this week. Here are his vitals. Help me get the word out.

Name: Charles "Patrick" Atkinson
Class: Junior
Graduation Date: May 2018 or December 2017
High School: Cy-Fair High School
Head Football Coach: Ed Pustejovsky,
Position: Middle/Inside Linebacker
Class Rank: 13th out of 1,000 +/-
40 Time: 4.53 seconds (11/28/2016 timed by CFHS coaching staff using dual timers)
5-10-5 Agility Run Time: 4.16 seconds (11/28/2016 timed by CFHS coaching staff)
Power Clean Max: 275 pounds (12/2/2016 monitored by CFHS coaching staff)
Hudl Profile: http://www.hudl.com/profile/5007784/patrick-atkinson
Hudl Junior Year Highlights:
Mailing Address: 11806 Brydan Drive, Cypress, TX 77429
Patrick's Twitter: P_Atkinson26

Gig'em,
Jason

TMartin
Got some quicks and makeup speed. What's his height and weight?
deadelephant98
Jlove1770
AG
Miss me some of the days seeing 43 fly around Kyle Field! Best of luck to your son. Would love to see him terrorizing like you did!
Van Buren Boy
AG
Why hello Mr. Atkinson. Oh wait...
Womackster
AG
Gig 'Em! I hope you're not BSC like Kevin Murray.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Jason,
Say that you have twins and you can suit up, too!

I hope your son joins the good guys in Aggieland!
sleepybeagle
Spotted Ag
AG
Womackster said:

Gig 'Em! I hope you're not BSC like Kevin Murray.
POTY!
mjfrog
AG
Hi Jason,
I remember you from Calc I class back in the day and the relative lightweight frame you had in your freshman year as compared to the sculpted beast you turned into by your junior year.

Could you shed some light on your weight/height changes during that period? Sounds like your son could possibly be a late bloomer legacy recruit that would be useful in our much needed position.
34blast
according to link, 6'0 195 for height weight for son

Wonder if Dad can suit up for bowl game? Wrecking Crew!

wreckingcrew43
I was his same size when I was 16 years old, about 6' and 195 pounds. The Ags came to visit me after my senior season when I was 18, and by than point I was 6'2" and about 205 pounds. My first start at A&M was vs. tu at the end of my RSF year and I was about 6'3" and 225.
mdanyc03
AG
He can run for sure
Bone6
I'll be crossing my fingers that he puts on the size you're talking about. He sure looks to have a motor and the right mindset for an LB.
AGSWON
AG
Sure makes me feel old when I see these guys I watched when I was at Aggieland have kids that are in college or close to it. Best of luck to your son.
AgsForTheWin
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Gig'em, Patrick. Whoop 94!
theeyetest
Does he remind anyone else of former A&M LB Michael Hodges (07-10)?

I think Michael is DC at Eastern Illinois now.
gig_em02
I think his best stat is being rank 13th in his class of 1000. Smart kid.
AggieOne
AG
My favorite #43

Good luck!
Southlake
If Patrick has the heart and soul guys like you and Rodney Thomas had, he's gonna be a fine Aggie!

My family loved watching you play and win Jason! Great family tradition!

Godspeed to your son; would love to to see him in Maroon and White!
wreckingcrew43

Lungblood
This is an awesome post and the reason why texags SHOULD exist. Good luck!
torch99
AG
Looks like he has great instincts, technique, speed, aggressiveness. Hope he comes to A&M!
aggieclay
I'm sold! I just hope Sumlin is too! He absolutely reminds me of Michael Hodges. I don't remember what his speed was like but Patrick can move! Jason, has he been to any camps? Sorry if someone already asked this.
aggieland09
AG
Thanks for posting, Good luck and Gig'Em! Hope he is able to earn a scholarship!
mdanyc03
AG
Any update on Patrick Atkinson's plans? I've watched him a couple of times this year. He is a really good player.
AG 73
AG
He looks like a baller. With his speed and smarts, I would think he might be able to play in the secondary some where even if he doesn't get much bigger. I hope to see him playing for the Aggies.
10PennyNail
AG
According to 247 sports, Patrick Atkinson from Cy-Fair class of 18 is committed to Air Force.
wreckingcrew43
We visited a number of schools this spring and summer including Texas A&M during spring practice, then he went to their camp as a strong safety. A&M has zero interest in Patrick. Their recruiting is based on body type, body type, and body type. I am glad they weren't there when Dat and Johnny were in high school.

Patrick worked out for Air Force this summer and they immediately offered him as a "Spur" which looks a lot like an outside linebacker when you watch them play, but their coaches called it half-linebacker, half-safety. He wants to study Aerospace Engineering. It is a great fit for him and was his #2 school behind another school where his father and grandfather played football. A few weeks later his decided A&M was not interested, so he committed to The Air Force Academy. Here is his senior season highlight video as of his 6th game. He is the leading tackler on the #3 defense in the State, but they are working to improve that ranking.

Southlake
As much as I would love to watch your son playat A&M, going to the USAFA is an awesome accomplishment.

I served as an Air Force Pilot for 8 years. Have been flying for a Delta Air Lines for 28.

Serve your country. Fly jets. See the world. Be financially strong.

Sometimes not getting what you want can be the best thing. I hope the best for your son and your a Family, Jason!

BTW, my name is Jason too.
rlb28
AG
my oldest son went to USAFA and is an aerospace engineer. It was unbelievable experience. Congrats and good luck!
MaxPower
wreckingcrew43 said:

We visited a number of schools this spring and summer including Texas A&M during spring practice, then he went to their camp as a strong safety. A&M has zero interest in Patrick. Their recruiting is based on body type, body type, and body type. I am glad they weren't there when Dat and Johnny were in high school.

Patrick worked out for Air Force this summer and they immediately offered him as a "Spur" which looks a lot like an outside linebacker when you watch them play, but their coaches called it half-linebacker, half-safety. He wants to study Aerospace Engineering. It is a great fit for him and was his #2 school behind another school where his father and grandfather played football. A few weeks later his decided A&M was not interested, so he committed to The Air Force Academy. Here is his senior season highlight video as of his 6th game. He is the leading tackler on the #3 defense in the State, but they are working to improve that ranking.

Agree that would be awesome. I'd be proud as hell if one of mine got a scholly to play football at a Service Academy.
JT05
AG
So glad to hear he has landed at the Air Force Academy. Best of luck to him in what will no doubt be an incredible journey.
pasquale
AG
He was a beast in today 14-6 win against Austin Westlake to advance to state! Nice to see defense in Texas High School football!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.