Creed Humphrey

5,343 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Dr Lane Trowlan
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sorry I'm not in the loop on this stuff. Is he 100% rock solid to ZeroU or are we at least still in his ear?
maxnow21
He's an Oklahoma kid. He's going to OU. Turner needs to be focusing on landing a kid that can play tackle right away. We're losing both of our starters at OT after the season.
technoviking
AG
I've seen nothing to indicate he's shaky to OU
dixichkn
AG
Too bad. Watching the O line play the last few weeks it's obvious we could use a true road grader in the middle
MaxPower
OL depth has definitely been Sumlin's biggest area of recruiting weakness. I think the transition into running more from fun n gun resulted in some guys who didn't fit. It's easier to find 1 QB to fit your offense than 5 starting quality OL plus a couple solid backups. The good news is we are developing some young guys this year so hopefully less of a problem in 2017.
technoviking
AG
Also, the 2018 class is shaping up to be a prolific one, almost on the same level as the Joekel, ogbuehi and Matthews one
Dr Lane Trowlan
MaxPower said:

OL depth has definitely been Sumlin's biggest area of recruiting weakness. I think the transition into running more from fun n gun resulted in some guys who didn't fit. It's easier to find 1 QB to fit your offense than 5 starting quality OL plus a couple solid backups. The good news is we are developing some young guys this year so hopefully less of a problem in 2017.

Sumlin s OL problem, in my opinion, is because we cut back on tempo. If you remember when Sumlin arrived, all everyone talked about was Black Death and the conditioning. Our tempo was rapid in 2012 with athletic linemen. After that, our tempo has grinded to a halt, but we're still recruiting the same type linemen. We can't match up with LSU & Bama D-Linemen if we can't match their strength and bulk. How we do beat them is by always being a half second ahead of them and not letting them get fully lined up. That's when those bubble screens, that now go for negative yards or maybe 2 yards because the defense is lined up and sees it coming, get busted open for 5 or 8 yards because the defense is on their heels, not lined up and still sucking wind from the last play.

And yes, I realize JFF helped, but the reason we beat Alabama in 2012 was because Kingsbury was always a step ahead of Saban & Smart and they couldn't get their defensive calls in on time because our offense was ready to run another play.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.