2018 Dream Class

6,361 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgsMnn
maxnow21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
QB:
Cade Fortin/Justin Rogers
RB:
Kirby Bennett
WR:
Joshua Moore
Jalen Preston
Terrance Marshall
Montel Parker
We have so many options here it's ridiculous (Eagles, Ezukanma, Woodard, Waddle, Battle, Douglas)
TE:
Mustapha Muhammad
OL:
Luke Matthews
Colton Blanton
Barton Clement
Darrell Simpson
DT:
Keondre Coburn
Bobby Brown
DE:
Max Wright
Jarell Cherry
LB:
Alston Orji
Bumper Pool
CB:
2 of
Verone McKinley
Jalen Green
Anthony Cook
S:
Jordan Moore
BJ Foster/Caden Sterns/Atanza Vongor/Isaiah Humphries/Cam'ron Jones (again, a lot of options)

2018 could be a top 5 class like '14 when it's all said and done. A LOT of top end talent in Texas..
No excuses Sumlin.. should be in the top 10 come February 2018.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Ezukanma got his aTm offer today! I've seen him play and he will be the top WR in Texas and top 10 nationally next year. He is one of the best HS WR I have ever seen, kid has great hands, breakaway speed and is as elusive as a top flight RB.
Bone6
Quote:

I'm not sure if "excuses" is the right word, but there are a ton of variables between now and Feb 2018.

This strong season we're currently in will absolutely help the 2018 class. Having said that, you have to wonder about:

• How will our defense look next year without Garrett and to a lesser extent Hall, Watts, and Evans. Chavis is a very good DC, but it's possible next season that we'll have the least talented defense he's coached at least since he was at Tennessee, and maybe ever without our elite DE's and safeties this year.
  • Another year of question marks at QB...Even with Mazzone implementing more run, our offense is very, very dependent on good QB play, and we'll have a new one AGAIN next year.
  • Who t.u. hires could be a big pain in the ass between now and Feb. 2018. If it's Herman, that guy was able to convince Ed Oliver to go to UH for crying out loud.

I'm hopeful for the best for a good season next fall and an elite 2018 class. We could easily have a top 5 class. However, if we take a step back on the field next fall or t.u. gets lightning in a bottle with an elite recruiter, we could easily finish in the range of 15-25 as well.
beerad12man
AG
If the 2018 class finishes 15-25, then there is no doubt that Sumlin is a mediocre recruiter and he'll have a hard time ever getting us enough talent to win the west. Like the OP said, no excuses for 2018. Need a top 10 class. I'd argue it needs to be top 5 like 2014.
beerad12man
AG
The defense in 2017, on paper, is probably better than the 2015 defense. That was a young defense and it was also chavis first year. I'd expect 2017 to be a better defense than 2015.
Meximan
Bone6 said:

Quote:

I'm not sure if "excuses" is the right word, but there are a ton of variables between now and Feb 2018.

This strong season we're currently in will absolutely help the 2018 class. Having said that, you have to wonder about:

• How will our defense look next year without Garrett and to a lesser extent Hall, Watts, and Evans. Chavis is a very good DC, but it's possible next season that we'll have the least talented defense he's coached at least since he was at Tennessee, and maybe ever without our elite DE's and safeties this year.
  • Another year of question marks at QB...Even with Mazzone implementing more run, our offense is very, very dependent on good QB play, and we'll have a new one AGAIN next year.
  • Who t.u. hires could be a big pain in the ass between now and Feb. 2018. If it's Herman, that guy was able to convince Ed Oliver to go to UH for crying out loud.

I'm hopeful for the best for a good season next fall and an elite 2018 class. We could easily have a top 5 class. However, if we take a step back on the field next fall or t.u. gets lightning in a bottle with an elite recruiter, we could easily finish in the range of 15-25 as well.
Oliver was an outlier because his high school coach and brother were both at UH when it came time to sign.
allMondjoy
What class will be affected if the new signing dates are adopted?
TMartin
The window is open for Sumlin to finish strong, recruit top talent, become two deep and compete for a championship. KS has lots of coaching talent so now is the time to show his recruiting skills.
Keller6Ag91
AG
Maroon Elephant said:

Ezukanma got his aTm offer today! I've seen him play and he will be the top WR in Texas and top 10 nationally next year. He is one of the best HS WR I have ever seen, kid has great hands, breakaway speed and is as elusive as a top flight RB.
You live near Keller? I'm going to watch him next week with Keller takes on EZ's Keller Fossil Ridge team. I'm expecting a Fossil Ridge blowout based on KHS's results to date.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Spyderman
AG
No excuses Sumlin
lil_frog8
AG
Not sure why you want Kirby Bennet, Sturgis is the better back in Allens backfield.
Lonestar06
I heard Bobby Brown can really hit.
AgsMnn
AG
The Moore brothers are playing now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.