How many recruits are we gonna take this year, 25?

5,975 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
12thmanfootball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the downturn of LSU and OU and the sips (possibly)....we may have to start turning folks away, especially if we give scholarships to several JUCO DL's.
beerad12man
AG
28-29 probably. We still have room. Theoretically I think we can take 31, but that would require massive attrition under the 85. I think 28-29 is the most likely range.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
How many are December grads that are going to count back to last year?
Sean98
AG
We had what, 21 commits last year? I think Alton Robinson counts even though he was eventually released. And a couple of those (Prater/Mann?) were early enrollees, so you could realistically take 5 early enrollees pretty easy.

We know Kellen Mond will be one of those given his financial aid papers. It would be nice if 3-4 others (OL/DL) would as well. It'd give them an extra semester of workouts/practice and would help with the 2018 signing numbers when we'll have a bigger senior class.

As beerad said, the bigger issue limiting commits this year will be the 85 cap.
Sean98
AG
Hmmm... numbers site shows at least 7 "early enrollees" on our 2017 commit list. I haven't looked in depth but don't think they'd all be able to count back to 2016. Also sorta doubt that many will enroll early, but I have no knowledge of the matter and numbers does this for a living, right?

Kellen Mond
Hezekiah Jones
Santino Marchiol
Keldrick Carper
Roshauud Paul
Connor Blumrick
Jared Hocker
Bone6
Obviously if the kids were offered and committed they absolutely deserve and their spot should be honored, but you have to wonder if some of the kids we got commitments from in the spring/summer when our program was in a weaker spot would still have been offered given the season we're having this fall.

If we finish this fall strong I wonder if some blue chippers will have interest that we simply won't have room for.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Sean98 said:

Hmmm... numbers site shows at least 7 "early enrollees" on our 2017 commit list. I haven't looked in depth but don't think they'd all be able to count back to 2016. Also sorta doubt that many will enroll early, but I have no knowledge of the matter and numbers does this for a living, right?

Kellen Mond
Hezekiah Jones
Santino Marchiol
Keldrick Carper
Roshauud Paul
Connor Blumrick
Jared Hocker
That's huge that we have that many early enrollees. I know at least 4 will count towards 2016, due to the 3 early enrollees we got form 2016's class and Alton Robinson not enrolling due to legal trouble.
W
AG
I'm wondering too if the Ags will have room for all the recruits who are now more interested in playing for the maroon-n-white
SEC Champs
AG
You can add JUCO DL Tyree Owens to that list.

We need as many early enrollees as possible. Many undecided recruits are looking at the good guys after our 6-0 start, and we'll want to make plenty of room. Most of the 2014 recruiting class are still on the roster, and we will have many spots open when they're gone.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Wede01 said:

You can add JUCO DL Tyree Owens to that list.

We need as many early enrollees as possible. Many undecided recruits are looking at the good guys after our 6-0 start, and we'll want to make plenty of room. Most of the 2014 recruiting class are still on the roster, and we will have many spots open when they're gone.
True that.
maxnow21
QB: Mond, Blumrick (both early enrollees according to another website)
RB: Kibodi
WR: Ausbon(EE), H Jones(EE), Buckley, Paul(EE)
TE: Horry, McZeal
OL: Reed, Wolford, Hocker(EE), Green, 1, more (?)
DT: Peevy, Owens(EE), 1 more(?)
DE: T Johnson, Sweat(EE)/A Robinson(not sure), Clemons, O Robinson
LB: Hines, Marchiol(EE), D Johnson
CB: Morris, Sheffield(EE)
NB: M Jones
S: Carper, Tucker (both EE's)
That scenario would put us as 27-29 depending on if we take another offensive limeman &/or another defensive tackle, as well as potentially at least a whopping 12! early enrollees.
technoviking
AG
Another OL and DT like Austin Jackson and Wilson? Me would likey that
SEC Champs
AG
maxnow21 said:

QB: Mond, Blumrick
WR: Ausbon, H Jones, Buckley, Paul
OL: Reed, Wolford, Hocker, Green, 1, more (?)
DT: Peevy, Owens, 1 more(?)
DE: T Johnson, Sweat, Isibor/Gumbs/MK Johnson, O Robinson
LB: Hines, Marchiol, D Johnson
CB: Morris, Sheffield
S: Carper, Tucker
That scenario would put us as 27-29 depending on if we take another offensive limeman &/or another defensive tackle

Sheffield? Did Bama release him to us?
SEC Champs
AG
technoviking said:

Another OL and DT like Austin Jackson and Wilson? Me would likey that

I think Turner will land a blue chip OL before signing day. As for Wilson, I'm afraid he's recruiting site bait. We could land Hutch tho.

FrontPorchAg
Wede01 said:

maxnow21 said:

That scenario would put us as 27-29 depending on if we take another offensive limeman &/or another defensive tackle

He left the program and is playing at Blinn this season. Seems like we are the end goal but he isn't commited so who knows.
maxnow21
We could potentially have as many as 12-13 early enrollees.. wow. That's crazy but awesome if it can work. We would get help at nearly every position on offense and defense.. and all those guys would be able to go through the off season program and spring ball, which would be go a long ways in getting at least some of them prepared to step in and contribute right away in 2017 if needed.. especially at QB, WR, & DE, S.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Mtn_Guide said:

Wede01 said:

maxnow21 said:

He left the program and is playing at Blinn this season. Seems like we are the end goal but he isn't commited so who knows.
From the very beginning of his recruitment process he has played things close to the vest. So he will probably not give any indication of where he'll be going, although it makes the absolute most sense for him to come here for every reason.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.