Justin Warren

7,086 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SEC Champs
FedexAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The way this guy is frequently listed as a LB/DE could this guy be the next Jarrod Penright for the aggies.

After watching Jarrod I saw him line up as a defensive end and a linebacker. Maybe someone that has seen him play could tell a little more about him and maybe someone that he reminds them of.
txag12
justin will be an outside lb and maybe better than penright. also, in a 3-4 defense, the olb is a lot like a defensive end. sometime they get down by the line in a 3 point stance and sometimes they dont.
JAR
Justin is perfect for our 3-4 system. He will be really be able to show what he has got with the Wrecking Crew! If he's going to end up in the NFL, there is no better defense to play for than linbacker-U.

gig em
houstonearlers
JAR-

Justin is going to Penn State (Linebacker U)? When did that happen?
LOYAL AG
AG
future

For several years now we have used our OLB's as ends when we go to a nickel or dime set. This year is no different as we have seen Penright and Hunicutt at DE in those sets with Warren and Smith at DT.

Peace without Freedom is Slavery.
Arti90
AG
Houston,

Penn State used to be linebacker U. You need to stay up with the times.
JAR
Arti

i was choosing to ignore the rather uninformed sip wannabe SWT bobcat. perhaps he should look at the fact that there are almost twice as many Aggies as horns in the NFL.
Faustus
Easy on the sip want to be's.
Hook 'em.
houstonearlers
DO you have a link to prove that there are twice as many ags in the leauge?

I think they may have been the case, but I do not think there are still as twice as many in the leauge. I bet we will have more in the Pro Bowl this year. And we will have more players in the leauge than the ags as time passes on.

Does AnM have a linebacker better than Arrington right now? Nguyen is a good player, but I dont think anyone would trade 2 Nguyen's for an Arrington. Maybe there is someone I am overlooking.
gigm*94
AG
houston-
does the "linebacker U" title go to the team with the best linebacker in the NFL? If so, it is neither PSU or ATM.

About aggies on NFL Rosters from big 12 website "Texas A&M led all college programs nationally in ’01 with 35 alumni on pro rosters"

http://big12.netfire.com/new/football/news/?id=2239

This article didn't even mention tu players in the NFL. I agree those numbers will go up, but I don't know if they will catch up soon.
letters at random
Did you realize Dat was the 2nd leading tackler in the NFL last season?

Didn't think so. The guy is way underrated.
JAR
houstonearler-

ok, i'll bite one time till you are officially irrelevant.

The Good:
http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=187&p=8&c=2&yr=2002&csid=127466&nid=83
The Bad and Ugly:
http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=110&p=8&c=2&nid=83&yr=2002&csid=127465

if you did learn any math on the 40 acre gomerville, just add up all the names. once you are out of fingers and toes, you might want to get a little help. bye now!

gig em

[This message has been edited by JAR (edited 9/16/2002 11:18p).]
houstonearlers
Sadly out of all those players you have none better than Ricky or Priest.

I am sure many of the linebackers are good on the kickoff & punt coverage teams.
houstonearlers
Who will have more players in the pro bowl this year?

I think we will have 4-6?

1. Ricky - easily
2. Priest - no doubt
3. Leonard Davis - no doubt - he is drawing raves
4. Casey Hampton - should make it, doing very well at Pittsburgh
5. Dan Neil - Maybe
6. Shaun Rogers - maybe - he is a hoss on a ****ty team.
7. Phil Dawson - maybe, having a great year
8. Mike Williams - probably not this year because a rookie, will definitely make it in the future
9. Jammer - will make it in future. To good not to

Aggies
1. Nguyen - should make it. Very good player, but probably will miss it this year because of injury (buy the way, I knew he had 172 tackles last year, and agree that he is very overrate)
2. Lechler - should make it, very good punter (got a lot of practice at ANM)
3. Aaron Glenn - maybe, remains to be seen
4. Sam Adams - maybe, depends on production

My point is that while A&M has more pros, our pros are better. Anyone care to disagree?

Maybe the Aggies on the outside of Kyle couldn't understand how to get in, and the Aggies on the inside couldn't explain it.
-NavyhornO6 on ATM not selling out their home game with Univ of LA at Lafyette

houstonearlers
Gig Em 94-

No the title of linebacker U does not go to team with most linebackers in league, but the best. If it were me, I would say Miami is linebacker U (Darrin Smith, Ray Lewis, Jessie Armstead, Michael Barrow, probably a bunch of others).

But you should realize that Penn State also has more linebackers than A&M in the pros. In fact it is not even close. Penn State has 7 (Arrington, Brandon Short, Terry Killens, Jim Nelson, Justin Kurpeikis, Reggie Givens, & Ron Holmberg)

A&M has 4 (nguyen, Warrick Holdman, Jason Glenn, & Keith Mitchell).

Here are the links:
http://www.gopsusports.com/Football/Traditions/historypage.cfm?hpid=85

http://big12.netfire.com/new/football/news/?id=2239
819 Ag
sip arrogance at its finest. As tu's numbers go up, so does ours. Candyman, Ty, Penright, and Kiel are all going to go in the first three rounds.

Ignorance is bliss, huh sip?
Daddy
AG
How did Warren look last week. He is playing waco this week, then A&M consolidated next week. It would be godo to get a comparison.
Sazerac
AG
t.u. - no one's ever done less with more
houstonearlers
[Deleted. Warning. - staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 9/19/2002 12:36a).]
chile pequin
S
houstonearlers, please take your sip opinions to the rivalries board. You should know the rules by now!
gtn1
Our pros are better cuz they're aggies.

end of story
JAR
ags,
if we just ignore him he will eventually go away.

sip - go to the rivalries forum, there are plenty of other SWT bobcat wannabe sips there for you to bond with.
AgDog02
AG
Houstonearlers:

I'll give you Ricky, Priest, Jammer, Casey and Mike, but the rest of the guys on your list suck. Even you precious Leonard who is almost as over rated as he is fat. Jammer still hasn't proven anything, but I think he will be very good. You left W. Holdman, both the McKenny's, Ray Mickens and a few others off your list. Don't give me Seth hasn't proven anything, because neither has Jammer as I stated above. You also fail to understand that LBU has more to do with the quality of players produced over an extended period of time from Holland to Dat.
Allen76
AG
Aaron Glenn has been awesome his first 2 games. (just like every year)

"It's an amazing experience to play at Kyle Field."
Dat Nguyen, Dallas Cowboys linebacker, July 29th, 2002
Daddy
AG
anyone going to quit this pissing contest and go back to the original topic Justin Warren being the great lb that he is. How has he looked this fall at tyler lee.
JAR
heard they are playing in Waco on Friday. if true i WILL be going.
Daddy
AG
jar, give me a report if you can!!! anxious to see how he is doing in the games.
Faustus
Edited. No message.

Hook 'em.

[This message has been edited by Faustus (edited 10/2/2002 4:45p).]
ACUAggie
Did I make a mistake? Am I on hornfans.com and didn't know it? I maybe a little wet, but I thought this was texags.com.

"I played Miami as a freshman in the Orange Bowl and they had the No. 2 defense in the nation," McCown said. "But their defense had nothing on the A&M defense. They are a bunch of mean, big guys who wanted to kill me."

Mini-Me#16
reggie brown and quentin coryatt would have had an affect on this argument had their health not taken them away from their game
AgDog02
AG
Adams, Sam (95), Ferguson, Robert (89), Holdman, Warrick (53), Lechler, Shane (9), Glenn, Aaron (31), McKinney, Steve (76), Mitchell, Brandon (96), Nguyen, Dat (59), Mitchell, Keith (59), Thomas, William (59), Tucker, Rex (64), Webb, Richmond (73), Webster, Jason (36), Williams, Pat (93), Campbell, Dan (89), Fontenot, Jerry (62)

All are starters or have consistantly been starters on NFL rosters according to CBSSportsline.

CHALLENGE?

Aggies do very good things in the NFL!

AgDog
Faustus
It is difficult to measure up to the peerless Phil Dawson.

Hook 'em.
77Aggie
AG
Is Aggie envy similar to penis envy. How else can you explain two t-sips carrying on a lengthy written conversation on our website? They'll really be envious when Iowa State kicks their Q butts Saturday.
walterjohnson
77ag,

Check your schedule again...the Horns play Oklahoma State this weekend...not Iowa State.
JAR
i got to know Phil Dawson just after he was drafted. i worked out at the Q in north austin and was surprised to see him in there everyday. we worked out together quite a bit before he had to report to training camp. SUPER guy. he refused the playboy allamerican honor because it violated his christian moral code.

isn't it quite funny how these threads migrate to other topics. anyways.............................back to Justin Warren. i am very glad he is going to be wearing the maroon and white for an incredibly unique world class university and national talent football team.

welcome home Justin!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.