What are the chances...

3,405 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 98Ag99Grad
92Ag95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. I've somehow avoided infection for over two years without being locked in a steel box.

2. I've been infected but was asymptomatic and never knew I had it.

Come to think of it....I haven't even been sick over the last 2-3 years.

Just seems odd to me....anyone else in the same boat?
Inca
AG
I was until this week. I literally had not been sick with anything in over 2 years. Then Tuesday I tested positive for Covid.

I have been extremely sick for about 15 hours. Such a weird disease. Started with a scratchy throat. Then got hit with fever, body aches and the worst headache. I was miserable and worried about how it was going to progress. After about 15 hours, I felt fine. Now back to scratchy throat from drainage when I sleep, like when you are recovering from a cold.

I was sick right before Covid with a cough and congestion I could not shake for a couple months. Would get better and then relapse. Some people theorize I had Covid then. I'm not convinced.
aggiebrad94
AG
My odds would be

1. Less than 25% - there's just so many walking around with it that I think you'd have been exposed
2. Over 75%

And yes, I'm part of the 83% who make up stats on the spot.

I have never tested positive for it but had two separate week long bouts with a virus. Once it was never determined what it was and the second was strep - symptoms so close to COVID that there had to be some overlap.
Furlock Bones
AG
Inca said:

I was until this week. I literally had not been sick with anything in over 2 years. Then Tuesday I tested positive for Covid.

I have been extremely sick for about 15 hours. Such a weird disease. Started with a scratchy throat. Then got hit with fever, body aches and the worst headache. I was miserable and worried about how it was going to progress. After about 15 hours, I felt fine. Now back to scratchy throat from drainage when I sleep, like when you are recovering from a cold.

I was sick right before Covid with a cough and congestion I could not shake for a couple months. Would get better and then relapse. Some people theorize I had Covid then. I'm not convinced.

This. Both my wife and I were having coughs and congestion for like 2 months. It had started to go away. Then this passed weekend the cough starts coming back.

Tested positive for the first time ever. But all of my symptoms have been very mild except my taste and smell is now about 10% of normal.
MAROON
AG
my wife is unvaxxed and has been out in the public and working full-time since this thing started. I even got COVID and slept in the same bed with her for a few days before we realized I was positive and then we shared a car ride of over 14 hours while I was positive. she hasn't so much as had a sniffle.

I will say this though - my wife is a fastidious hand washer. She has always worn out our entire family about coming home and not washing you hands before you touch anything.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
01agtx
AG
MAROON said:

my wife is unvaxxed and has been out in the public and working full-time since this thing started. I even got COVID and slept in the same bed with her for a few days before we realized I was positive and then we shared a car ride of over 14 hours while I was positive. she hasn't so much as had a sniffle.

I will say this though - my wife is a fastidious hand washer. She has always worn out our entire family about coming home and not washing you hands before you touch anything.

My kid sat in school for the entire school year without a mask and we only got 3 letters home about exposure in her classroom. One in September, one in December and one in February. Common sense tells me my daughter was good and exposed and likely had Covid at some point. It is likely most kids in her class had Covid. Chances are good your wife has had it also.
ORAggieFan
I'm in the the same boat along with my wife and one kid. The other had it and we didn't lock her in her room or anything. I had a brief cold last week after a bunch of travel. I avoided testing but my wife kept saying I had it. To prove her wrong I tested and it was negative. Was fine within two days.
Not a Bot
AG
I worked on the Covid floor for 1.5 years. I was in plenty of rooms with those people without wearing an N95.

I've never gotten sick.
98Ag99Grad
AG
As far as I know have never had it. J&J shot April 21 and nothing since. Been at work full time since this started. Wife had a mild case back in October, tested then and was negative.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.