Novavax vaccine highly effective

2,637 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by waitwhat?
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/health/novavax-covid-19-vaccine-90-percent-effective-clinical-trial

This one is based on well-established and widely used vaccine technology, using the same technique as the Hepatitis B and some of the pneumococcal vaccines.

Curious if some of the people holding out would be more willing to take this one.
coolerguy12
AG
Depends, has Covid recently became more dangerous for a 31 year old male with no co-morbididies, or a 2 year old and 4 year old in good health?
SouthTex99
AG
Windy City Ag
AG
Yes . . . .a rare instance of government foresight. The facility was built in the wake of H1N1 in 2012. It is technically a federal facility that subcontracts to the university.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/novavax-vaccine-ready-mass-manufactured-texas-am-university/285-be3cc806-7544-4ab6-b9e9-3077d32e2f32

ORAggieFan
coolerguy12 said:

Depends, has Covid recently became more dangerous for a 31 year old male with no co-morbididies, or a 2 year old and 4 year old in good health?
What is the likelihood your kids die of measles if unvaccinated? Did you choose to vaccinate them?
coolerguy12
AG
After the last 18 months of lies from the medical community our kids are getting fewer vaccines than recommended. Lost a lot of faith in "do no harm"
Yellerjacket
ORAggieFan said:

coolerguy12 said:

What is the likelihood your kids die of measles if unvaccinated? Did you choose to vaccinate them?i
I haven't looked it up, but I'm pretty sure Measles is waaaay more deadly than Covid, especially for 2 and 4 year olds.
ORAggieFan
Yellerjacket said:

ORAggieFan said:

coolerguy12 said:

What is the likelihood your kids die of measles if unvaccinated? Did you choose to vaccinate them?i
I haven't looked it up, but I'm pretty sure Measles is waaaay more deadly than Covid, especially for 2 and 4 year olds.
That's only a single value needed in the equation. It is more deadly, but one is also way, way less likely to catch it. Do you think more youth died of covid or measles over the last year?
coolerguy12
AG
Both numbers are so insignificant that I don't waste time worrying about them.

I put my kids in car seats, lock up my guns, and put a fence around my pool. I don't worry about diseases that are statistically insignificant for my kids.

OP asked a question, I answered it. The safety of a vaccine has no impact on if my family will get it or not. What's more important is the risk if we don't get the vaccine, which we have determined is insignificant for our family.

It's like you trying to tell me there is no downside to getting volcano insurance or meteor insurance for my house. Sure, you may be right, but there is no upside to it either.
ORAggieFan
coolerguy12 said:

I put my kids in car seats, lock up my guns, and put a fence around my pool. I don't worry about diseases that are statistically insignificant for my kids.

OP asked a question, I answered it. The safety of a vaccine has no impact on if my family will get it or not. What's more important is the risk if we don't get the vaccine, which we have determined is insignificant for our family.

It's like you trying to tell me there is no downside to getting volcano insurance or meteor insurance for my house. Sure, you may be right, but there is no upside to it either.

Or, I'm showing you that you likely had no issue vaccinating for one and an issue with the other, more because of your emotions than your logic.
coolerguy12
AG
I no longer blindly trust the medical community. That has been proven to be a mistake on my part. I'm willing to admit I was wrong in that regard.
94chem
coolerguy12 said:

I no longer blindly trust the medical community. That has been proven to be a mistake on my part. I'm willing to admit I was wrong in that regard.
Ironic that the original whistle blower was a doctor your age.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
BCG Disciple
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Measles IFR is between 1 and 3%. Covid is .15%. So measles are roughly 20 times more deadly than Covid.
ORAggieFan
BCG Disciple said:

coolerguy12 said:

Measles IFR is between 1 and 3%. Covid is .15%. So measles are roughly 20 times more deadly than Covid.

Which shows exactly why even a child is way more likely to die of Covid than measles.
waitwhat?
Gonna need you to elaborate here. Are you suggesting that if a child gets Covid they are more likely to die than if they got Measles?
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
ORAggieFan
waitwhat? said:

Gonna need you to elaborate here. Are you suggesting that if a child gets Covid they are more likely to die than if they got Measles?

Hahaha. Not at all. You just need to understand all variables.
waitwhat?
ORAggieFan said:

waitwhat? said:

Hahaha. Not at all. You just need to understand all variables.

Ah so you won't actually answer.

I'm assuming what you mean is that even though measles has a higher fatality rate, it's so rare that in 2021 a child is more likely to catch Covid and die from it than catch measles and die from it.

If so, your fallacy is that the IFR for children with Covid is about 0.001% according to the CDC. We never would have had a mass vaccination campaign for children over that in a rational world, and we wouldn't have if that was the IFR for measles.

You're comparing a virus with a high IFR where it was worth having a mass vaccination campaign for children against it with a virus with a low IFR for children. That should obviously be nonsense.

Yes. You're right. A child in 2021 in America is more likely to die of Covid than the measles. A child in 2022 probably won't be.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

TEXIT
ORAggieFan
But, that measles number has and will continue to be extremely low and is never an issue for most parents to consider.

I'm just pointing out how people are really bad at evaluating risk and making decisions based on risk assessment. It's been a major problem with covid from masks to lockdowns to the vaccine and it has extended from the common man up to the "experts". Many who complain about it on one side are guilty of it on the other.
GAC06
AG
Vaccination for measles has been going on for a long time. It's impossible to factor in "all the variables" when most kids aren't even able to get a emergency use covid vaccine and no one knows what we may find out years from now. But we do know children face almost no risk from covid and that risk is plummeting with the case counts.
waitwhat?
ORAggieFan said:

But, that measles number has and will continue to be extremely low and is never an issue for most parents to consider.

I'm just pointing out how people are really bad at evaluating risk and making decisions based on risk assessment. It's been a major problem with covid from masks to lockdowns to the vaccine and it has extended from the common man up to the "experts". Many who complain about it on one side are guilty of it on the other.

What is the IFR for children with measles? It's higher, significantly so, than COVID right?

Hence mandatory vaccination for children against it. We didn't mandate that vaccine to protect adults. It was to protect children.

The vaccine also confers life long protection, which is what makes the spread so incredibly low. We mandate it for children because measles is dangerous for them and then they get lifelong immunity.

SARS-CoV-2 is not generally dangerous to children.

Apples and oranges.

TEXIT
ORAggieFan
waitwhat? said:

ORAggieFan said:

What is the IFR for children with measles? It's higher, significantly so, than COVID right?

Hence mandatory vaccination for children against it. We didn't mandate that vaccine to protect adults. It was to protect children.

The vaccine also confers life long protection, which is what makes the spread so incredibly low. We mandate it for children because measles is dangerous for them and then they get lifelong immunity.

Apples and oranges.

IFR doesn't matter if one is 1000x more likely to get the less dangerous one. Again, you need to assess all variables.
waitwhat?
ORAggieFan said:

waitwhat? said:

ORAggieFan said:

Apples and oranges.

IFR doesn't matter if one is 1000x more likely to get the less dangerous one. Again, you need to assess all variables.

Yes it does if the less dangerous one is a 1 in 100,000 IFR.

TEXIT
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.