Who is still getting vaccinated?

20,256 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cc_ag92
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is demand like for vaccinations in Texas at this point?

I'm curious WHO is still lining up for shots at this point. Based on my estimate for demand, I'd think everyone that would ever get a shot, is already shot by now.
West Point Aggie
AG
Texas seems to be at 45% one shot, and 36% fully vaccinated. I think Texas will end up somewhere near the 50% mark after it is all said and done.

Some states will be as high as close to 80%

You can then expect the media to decry "we" not fully partaking when others wish they could (India for example)

That frothy indignation point is coming.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Aggie521
AG
Not I!
End Of Message
AG
Not me or my family or my extended family. The vaccine is garbage.
The Fall Guy
AG
Wife got hers yesterday so she can see her brother who had cancer 3 times, survived but is now blind, Nd on kidney dialysis because of the Chemo. That is the only reason.
txaggie79
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

I certainly support your right to decline the vaccine. But am curious why you further state that the vaccine is "garbage"? At this point, hundreds of millions of people have been vaccinated, all three of the U.S. vaccines been proven to be highly effective. Why label them as garbage?
ORAggieFan
txaggie79 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

I certainly support your right to decline the vaccine. But am curious why you further state that the vaccine is "garbage"? At this point, hundreds of millions of people have been vaccinated, all three of the U.S. vaccines been proven to be highly effective. Why label them as garbage?

And the primary reason we are getting back to normal (from the government restriction perspective, not our choice).
Windy City Ag
AG
Because of all those men inside the Youtube machine?
Hincemm
AG
ORAggieFan said:

txaggie79 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

And the primary reason we are getting back to normal (from the government restriction perspective, not our choice).

This is America so you can't question the logic fwiw
fightingfarmer09
I have 4 more international coworkers flying in for "meetings". They use this conveniently scheduled visit to receive they vaccines as well.
gunan01
AG
txaggie79 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

It doesn't fit his forum 16 narrative to get the vaccine. He's an anti-Vaxxer tough guy. Not much reason to try and reason with those folks.
End Of Message
AG
Several of my wife's friends have experienced dramatic shifts disruptions in their cycles and my wife is pregnant. Other male and female friends have been hit hard after taking the vaccine.

We are not getting the vaccine based on our personal observations, freedom in choice, because she is pregnant, and our current position is life, being younger with no underlying issues.

Nothing tough guy about it.
aggiebrad94
AG
Me and my - soon to be college freshman - are getting it. Her college track coach suggested that it will make their lives much easier on campus and travelling. That's enough for me. I just had a very weird viral bout with fever so I will get it with her. We're also travelling to Mexico in a month so it may help us there.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Several of my wife's friends have experienced dramatic shifts disruptions in their cycles and my wife is pregnant. Other male and female friends have been hit hard after taking the vaccine.

We are not getting the vaccine based on our personal observations, freedom in choice, because she is pregnant, and our current position is life, being younger with no underlying issues.

This is where I'm at. Except my wife's hospital required her to get the vaccine (very early on so we didn't really push back on that) but she has experienced some of those same symptoms RE cycle. Sucky part is that we were going to start trying to get pregnant but now we've decided to wait a year to let some more info about the vaccine come to light.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
gunan01 said:

txaggie79 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

It doesn't fit his forum 16 narrative to get the vaccine. He's an anti-Vaxxer tough guy. Not much reason to try and reason with those folks.

FORUM 16 NARRATIVE!!

ANTI-VAX TOUGH GUY!!!

bay fan
S
Pinche Abogado said:

Lol. As a woman, I know not a single person experiencing this. Sounds like a Facebook group.
Jbob04
AG
gunan01 said:

txaggie79 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

&ct=g
West Point Aggie
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Got ityour right to make said choice. I'm still curious about the "vaccine is garbage" bit. Had you not made that clearly emotional (don't kid yourself it was) statement, I doubt you get a single snarky retort.

Again, why is it "garbage"!?
Let’s Go Brandon!
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Why is there nothing in the news and very little even if you dig about natural immunity?

The factoid that went around when they were rousing us up for mandatory masking policies was that 7-8 times the reported infection rate was the actual infection rate (I even saw a few claims it could be as high as 13X). Today, you rarely see anybody even consider that anymore, and you rarely see anyone discuss the strength of natural immunity.

No way that isn't a strong factor in why we continue to see declining cases despite no more measure to contain.

Science is great, but science exists to understand and explain the natural world. I'll take the natural world for the win.
CDub06
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Oh geez. The vaccine isn't "garbage." That's such a thoughtless and bad take.

It's a scientific breakthrough. The history, the technology, the cooperation, and the execution have all been really impressive.

The deployment and messaging...have not.
End Of Message
AG
The circumstances surrounding its patent and developments and the fact that other viable treatments were suppressed to promote mRNA technology makes the vaccine garbage and highly suspect.
gunan01
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

idontbelieveyou.gif
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Well. I've read Pfizer and Moderna's studies that got them approved. I see no conspiracy in the science. And anecdote - since the vaccines were released - I've seen ZERO vaccinated patients admitted for covid issues. All those admitted now are non vaccinated. Including several under 50 who have died in last 2 weeks. Plus an 18 y/o who was sick as hell but survived. But. What the hell do I know anyway. Exhausting.
Jbob04
AG
[Over the line. - Staff]
Marcus Aurelius
AG
No comment. You have no idea dude what I have seen.
End Of Message
AG
[You, too. - Staff]
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Yeah OK.
AgsMyDude
AG
don't listen to those fools, thanks for everything you've done through this
Irwin M. Fletcher
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

The circumstances surrounding its patent and developments and the fact that other viable treatments were suppressed to promote mRNA technology makes the vaccine garbage and highly suspect.

First other treatments were not suppressed. They were trying whatever they could that had some evidence it might work. Also vaccination is the preferable way to combat any disease. It doesn't matter which, it's easily the most cost effective and absolute effective way to prevent and or treat a disease. You're ignorance is painful to listen to, you have no clue. Also I assume you love Trump, well it was his administration that pushed to cut the red tape and get this thing out. The technology was there from SARS. It was also his administration that purchased millions of doses before approval which guaranteed America would be able to vaccinate a large percentage of the population quickly. You see how our cases, hospitalization rate and deaths have plummeted. Trump deserves credit for this even though I didn't vote for him, he was a lot smarter about what these could do than you.
GAC06
AG
bay fan said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Lol. As a woman, I know not a single person experiencing this. Sounds like a Facebook group.

Remember when you were telling anyone who would listen that you knew of a young woman infected twice in a matter of months? Yeah.
Windy City Ag
AG
Apparently not this guy . . . .I had not heard a story like this in a long time.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/556527-conservative-pastor-hospitalized-with-covid-19-after-saying

Quote:

A conservative pastor who said vaccines were part of a "mass death campaign" was hospitalized with COVID-19.

Rick Wiles, a pastor at a church in Florida, posted a statement on TruNews.com Wednesday that he has come down with COVID-related pneumonia and was having difficulty breathing, but is now on the mend.

Wiles said his daughter-in-law was transported to the hospital with "extreme dehydration and vomiting" and that at least four other members of his family were experiencing symptoms, including his wife and grandson.

NBC News reported that about one month ago Wiles said he was "not going to be vaccinated" and referred to inoculations as a "mass death campaign."

"I'm going to be one of the survivors. I'm going to survive the genocide," Wiles said during an interview posted to TruNews, according to NBC News. "I am not going to allow the Covid maniacs to convince me to be vaccinated or vaccinate me against my will."
ORAggieFan
Irwin M. Fletcher said:

Pinche Abogado said:

First other treatments were not suppressed. They were trying whatever they could that had some evidence it might work. Also vaccination is the preferable way to combat any disease. It doesn't matter which, it's easily the most cost effective and absolute effective way to prevent and or treat a disease. You're ignorance is painful to listen to, you have no clue. Also I assume you love Trump, well it was his administration that pushed to cut the red tape and get this thing out. The technology was there from SARS. It was also his administration that purchased millions of doses before approval which guaranteed America would be able to vaccinate a large percentage of the population quickly. You see how our cases, hospitalization rate and deaths have plummeted. Trump deserves credit for this even though I didn't vote for him, he was a lot smarter about what these could do than you.
Yeah, it's baffling to me that so many pro Trump are the ones not getting vaccinated when this could go down as the biggest accomplishment of his presidency. No one thought it was realistic to have a vaccine that fast. Not only did the Trump admin assist getting it, they secured enough for all of us and we are leading the world in vaccinations. Europe is mostly a mess due to their poor leadership.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Yeah, it's baffling to me that so many pro Trump are the ones not getting vaccinated when this could go down as the biggest accomplishment of his presidency.
Harnessing the various wheels of government power adroitly to fund and distribute a game-changing medical treatment that in turn saved an untold number of lives kind of clashes with Drain The Swamp, Satanist pedophilia rings, and the crusade against the moral collapse of Western Civilization..

I can see why the vaccine thing was shunted to the side.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

Yeah, it's baffling to me that so many pro Trump are the ones not getting vaccinated when this could go down as the biggest accomplishment of his presidency.
Harnessing the various wheels of government power adroitly to fund and distribute a game-changing medical treatment that in turn saved an untold number of lives kind of clashes with Drain The Swamp, Satanist pedophilia rings, and the crusade against the moral collapse of Western Civilization..

I can see why the vaccine thing was shunted to the side.

I am a Trumper and got happily vaccinated. But you are right, it makes no sense.
txjg
No one. If they attempt to bottle neck you at work, travel, school, find alternatives.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.