Vaccine vs Infection

4,699 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HarleySpoon
HarleySpoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Both wife and I got COVID antibody test with our annual bloodwork. My wife's result was "strong" antibodies...mine was "very strong" antibodies.

Will be interested in revisiting this debate in ten years when the long term impacts are more understood. I still won't eat a T-bone because of how slow the effects of mad cow manifest themselves. I also limit antibiotics intake due to their long term impact on one's/society's immune system. I can certainly appreciate those making a personal decision to receive it when they weigh their own risk profile. My big concern is the impact the vaccine will have on the next virus...not the next strain.

I met HL Hunt a number of times after his lobotomy....deemed a miracle procedure by the medical profession when the first several tens of thousands were performed. Not so much after the long term impacts were better understood.
MAROON
AG
HarleySpoon said:

. I still won't eat a T-bone because of how slow the effects of mad cow manifest themselves.

You serious?
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Nasreddin
Gordo14 said:

Because it's harder to manage and verify than vaccines. Getting the vaccine is free, takes basically no effort, and is extremely safe. So while I grant you that immunity from prior infection is probably very good, on a managerial level it's impossible to handle and verify on a larger scale. It's not going to kill you to get the vaccine, so I really don't have a lot of sympathy.

Safe? Maybe you're confident on that from a short term standpoint. I'm not saying there will be long term side effects. But the fact that I cannot say there will be long term effects necessarily precludes you from saying there won't be..and therefore "safe" is a nonsense word that you made up to describe the vaccine. If we are going to play scientists here, let's actually play scientists.
TheMasterplan
No point in vaccinating those who already had COVID

Let's make sure we're using science to guide our decisions and not an authoritative desire to control people's behavior for some vague, undefined "greater good."

HarleySpoon
AG
MAROON said:

HarleySpoon said:

. I still won't eat a T-bone because of how slow the effects of mad cow manifest themselves.

You serious?
Having had an older colleague contract mad cow while living in Northern Europe some 20 years ago and living thru the initial crisis over there at the time,.I'm as serious as a heart attack.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.