CDC investigating 'mild' reports of potential heart problems following COVID-19 vacci

5,099 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kvetch
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://apple.news/ATlAqVyMyRaiY9gn3iR0VHg

Reports of myocarditis have been mostly in adolescents and young adults, are more common in males than females, typically occur after the second dose, and show up about 4 days after vaccination.
Ag$08
" CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said they have found no link between the vaccines and heart inflammation or myocarditis.
"We have not seen a signal, and we've actually looked intentionally for the signal in the over 200 million doses we've given," Dr. Walensky said at a White House briefing on April 27."
BrokeAssAggie
That quote is almost a month old. Most 12-15 years old have only received their first shot, with second shots now being administered and these side effects are just starting to be observed.
Bonfire1996
AG
I know some people who raced to get their teenage sons vaxxed. Jeez.
BrokeAssAggie
Bonfire1996 said:

I know some people who raced to get their teenage sons vaxxed. Jeez.

We know some too. Our good friends got into a pretty heated argument with their 14 year old because they told her she was not getting the vaccine. All her friends are getting it so she is pissed.
Windy City Ag
AG
KidDoc
AG
Yeah the risk to most 12-15 year olds is so tiny I don't see much justification at this time unless we are going for complete elimination of COVID like we did for Smallpox and close to achieving for polio.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hincemm
AG
KidDoc said:

elimination of COVID like we did for Smallpox and close to achieving for polio.

which one of these are not like the other.
Beat40
Hincemm said:

KidDoc said:

elimination of COVID like we did for Smallpox and close to achieving for polio.

which one of these are not like the other.
Well, InfectionAg posted some stuff showing Polio and COVID were shockingly similar, so Smallpox?

I actually didn't now that until he posted some stats.
BamaAggies
GAC06
AG
Frontline heroes
01agtx
AG
BamaAggies said:

Ridiculous
traxter
I think some of y'all are getting spun up over nothing.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/committee/role-vaccine-recommendations.html
BiochemAg97
AG
01agtx said:

BamaAggies said:

Ridiculous
These things happen when the Pres signs the bill to turn the next day into a federal holiday.
Reveille
AG
KidDoc said:

Yeah the risk to most 12-15 year olds is so tiny I don't see much justification at this time unless we are going for complete elimination of COVID like we did for Smallpox and close to achieving for polio.

I completely agree!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redcrayon
AG
Rare heart inflammation 'likely' linked to mRNA COVID-19 vaccines: CDC group - National | Globalnews.ca
KidDoc
AG
800 cases of myocarditis. I have seen exactly zero cases in my 20 years of seeing 5k + patients/year. I think the EUA will be redacted soon for Pfizer at least.

C.D.C. Advisers to Discuss Rare Heart Problems in Vaccinated Youth (msn.com)

14TheRoad
AG
Good thing the federal government granted Pfizer and Moderna immunity from liability.
Russ11
AG
Fascinating that 800 is just a rare amount per today's headlines but just a few months ago even one case of myocarditis was enough to shut down college sports...

Dr. Colleen Kraft, a fellow with the Infectious Diseases Society of America, did not mince words Thursday during an NCAA briefing on the virus.

"I think we are playing with fire," said Kraft, a member of the NCAA's COVID-19 advisory panel. "I think one case of myocarditis in an athlete is too many."

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2020/08/14/coronavirus-link-heart-issues-concern-ncaa-student-athletes-indiana-hooisers-covid-19-myocarditis/3374224001/
KidDoc
AG
So far no deaths and no long lasting effects. But COVID is so mild in this population even the risk of heart injury or arrhythmia is enough for me to advise against vaccine at this time for healthy teens.

But yes that is why it is an EUA not FDA approval. It is frankly ridiculous a EUA was given for a population that is not at risk of death or hospitalization from COVID.
Reveille
AG
KidDoc said:

800 cases of myocarditis. I have seen exactly zero cases in my 20 years of seeing 5k + patients/year. I think the EUA will be redacted soon for Pfizer at least.

C.D.C. Advisers to Discuss Rare Heart Problems in Vaccinated Youth (msn.com)

In my 20+ years I have seen one case.
KlinkerAg11
AG
I was told I was anti vax on this board when I expressed concern over vaccinating my 2 year old for Covid.

This is exactly why I was hesitant, I never understood how it was beneficial considering the risk.

Also, they gave kids full doses. I thought that was silly as well. If you're going to vaccinate them why not just half the dose?

It's why I'm hesitant to get a booster shot soon considering my health profile, 32 male and healthy.

Since I'm fully vaccinated I don't see why I need a booster so soon, the cost of that seems too great.

I enjoy lifting weights too much to risk that, at this point If I get Covid down the road it should be mild.
Aston94
AG
KlinkerAg11 said:

I was told I was anti vax on this board when I expressed concern over vaccinating my 2 year old for Covid.

Please provide a link to where you were labelled "anti vax" for concerns on vaccinating your 2 year old. I have not seen anyone have that positioning on here, and if it was it might have been one wacko, definitely not the norm or even an accepted position.
Petrino1
Ive had covid long term symptons for 12 months. I got the vaccine and started to feel better. After about a month of being vaccinated my symptoms came back worse. I started getting really bad dizzy spells and pain in my right arm. The dizzy spells would last a few days and I still have the arm pain months later.

I cant say for sure its from the vaccine, but I never had the dizzy spells or arm pain before I got the vaccine.
KlinkerAg11
AG
Ok
KlinkerAg11
AG
https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3180750/replies/58703070#58703070
Aston94
AG
KlinkerAg11 said:

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3180750/replies/58703070#58703070
Ok, who called you an anti vaxxer on that thread, other than yourself? Read through and I did not see anyone respond calling you an anti-vaxxer or answering the question about your 1-2 year old.

KlinkerAg11
AG
Yeah, I'm a clown.

This will be my last post on this forum.
Aston94
AG
KlinkerAg11 said:

Yeah, I'm a clown.

This will be my last post on this forum.
Again, didn't call you a clown, just didn't see where you were called the names you said you were being called. Wow.
KlinkerAg11
AG
I've taken time and reread over everything and realize I overreacted to you, I'm sorry.

I also see what you mean, no one called me anti vax, I was also wrong there.

Funny how the mind works when you're upset, I still think I'm going to take a break from here. I realize I said that I wasn't going to post again so that makes me wrong on this too.
BiochemAg97
AG
KidDoc said:

So far no deaths and no long lasting effects. But COVID is so mild in this population even the risk of heart injury or arrhythmia is enough for me to advise against vaccine at this time for healthy teens.

But yes that is why it is an EUA not FDA approval. It is frankly ridiculous a EUA was given for a population that is not at risk of death or hospitalization from COVID.

That is not at all the reason for EUA vs Approval. Expedited review for approval is 6 months. Regular review is even longer. EUA review was less than a month. If they waited for expedited approval, we would be getting first vaccine about now.

Even with regular review, there would have been post approval monitoring. I don't know what data size is required for regular review, but there is a good possibility that this myocarditis would not have shown up in a sample size of 30-40k. Which is exactly why we have post approval monitoring
cone
AG
I'll do you one better

it's unethical
KidDoc
AG
I think myocarditis would have shown up with 30-40k sample size. The original EUA for 12+ was only 1000 patients.

I don't have proof of that of course. Only 9% of 12-18 year olds have so far been vaccinated though so we are not talking about millions needed to find 800 cases.
Kvetch
AG
ea1060 said:

Ive had covid long term symptons for 12 months. I got the vaccine and started to feel better. After about a month of being vaccinated my symptoms came back worse. I started getting really bad dizzy spells and pain in my right arm. The dizzy spells would last a few days and I still have the arm pain months later.

I cant say for sure its from the vaccine, but I never had the dizzy spells or arm pain before I got the vaccine.

New reports out that long covid is related to a reactivation of EBV.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.