What is your COVID 19 Mortality Risk?

6,701 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AJ02
harge57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
John Hopkins Research put together a tool to calculate your individual risk.

Tool

My Results: (34 years old with no pre-existing conditions)
Quote:

based on the information available from pandemic projections in your state of residence, the tool estimates an absolute rate of mortality of 0.8 (95% CI: 0.4 - 1.5 ) per 10,000,000 individuals in subgroups of the population with a similar risk profile to yours during the period of 05/15/2021 - 06/04/2021.
Post removed:
by user
coolerguy12
AG
Sounds scary. I would stay home just to be safe.
74OA
AG
Now that we know how to treat this virus, morbidity not mortality, is the major concern. Long COVID is real and is affecting millions of people's lives. Get immunized or not, just don't ***** afterwards if you're one of the up to 30% with enduring health issues.

But we also have many millions of people who are immune-compromised, for whom the vaccines do not work or don't work well, so will the rest of us not help as neighbors by getting vaccinated so they don't have to hide the rest of their lives?

Try thinking about someone besides yourself. BTW, the flu never killed 500K+ in a year here.
FratboyLegend
Well, all I can say is, this would have been pretty handy to have A FREAKING YEAR AGO when people were losing their minds over covid.

#CertifiedSIP
amercer
AG
I too am at 1 in 10 million.

That's kind of what I assumed all along
amercer
AG
I think 1 in 10 million might be as low as they go. You can't put an age under 18 in.
Barnyard96
AG
I am currently still alive, but that is just anecdotal.
GAC06
AG
.8 here too. I guess I'll still go out this weekend
WoMD
harge57 said:

John Hopkins Research put together a tool to calculate your individual risk.

Tool

My Results: (34 years old with no pre-existing conditions)
Quote:

based on the information available from pandemic projections in your state of residence, the tool estimates an absolute rate of mortality of 0.8 (95% CI: 0.4 - 1.5 ) per 10,000,000 individuals in subgroups of the population with a similar risk profile to yours during the period of 05/15/2021 - 06/04/2021.

0.6 here, and im 39. You must be one of them fats to have such a higher risk.
88planoAg
AG
I'm 55 and mine is .2

edited to add, out of a million

Hodor
AG
Interesting mine is reported per million, not 10 million.
I'm 46, so I'm just getting old.
AG
64 yrs old, .52 , 1.5 per 100,000
Bruce Almighty
AG
Some of this is based on where you live. When I put my current Missouri zip code, I got 1 out of 1 million. when I changed the zip code to the Houston one I grew up in, it was 4 out of 10 million.
TXTransplant
FratboyLegend said:

Well, all I can say is, this would have been pretty handy to have A FREAKING YEAR AGO when people were losing their minds over covid.

Not sure if serious...you do realize it's taken all this time to collect enough data to build this model?
Hincemm
AG
74OA said:

Long COVID is real and is affecting millions of people's lives. Get immunized or not, just don't ***** afterwards if you're one of the up to 30% with enduring health issues.

"Up to 30%" and "enduring" seem trivial. I'm not doubting that there are long term effects for some but what has the data proven at this point?
The_Fox
74OA said:

Now that we know how to treat this virus, morbidity not mortality, is the major concern. Long COVID is real and is affecting millions of people's lives. Get immunized or not, just don't ***** afterwards if you're one of the up to 30% with enduring health issues.

But we also have many millions of people who are immune-compromised, for whom the vaccines do not work or don't work well, so will the rest of us not help as neighbors by getting vaccinated so they don't have to hide the rest of their lives?

Try thinking about someone besides yourself. BTW, the flu never killed 500K+ in a year here.
No, next question.
harge57
AG
Guessing yours is out of 1mil not 10 mil.

harge57
AG
The_Fox said:

74OA said:

No, next question.

I have already had covid along with 20 to 30% of the population. Why would I get the vaccine?
The_Fox
harge57 said:

The_Fox said:

74OA said:

No, next question.

I have already had covid along with 20 to 30% of the population. Why would I get the vaccine?

Me too. And you shouldn't.
74OA
AG
Hincemm said:

74OA said:

Long COVID is real and is affecting millions of people's lives. Get immunized or not, just don't ***** afterwards if you're one of the up to 30% with enduring health issues.

"Up to 30%" and "enduring" seem trivial. I'm not doubting that there are long term effects for some but what has the data proven at this point?
WindyCityAg post in Long-COVID discussion:

The NIH is working through a well-funded and more all-encompassing research project and we are already seeing different efforts trickling in. There are a bunch of other bona fide research pieces coming in from othe quarters as well. Some good reads.

[url=https://directorsblog.nih.gov/?s=long+covid][/url]https://directorsblog.nih.gov/?s=long+covid

Quote:

Quote:
The team began by looking at data recorded between March 24-Sept. 2, 2020 from about 4.2 million app users with an average age of 45, about 90 percent of whom lived in the U.K., with smaller numbers from the U.S. and Sweden.
For this particular study, the researchers decided to focused on 4,182 app users, all with confirmed COVID-19, who had consistently logged in their symptoms. Because these individuals also started using the app when they still felt physically well, the researchers could assess their COVID-19-associated symptoms over the course of the illness.
While most people who developed COVID-19 were back to normal in less than two weeks, the data suggest that one in 20 people with COVID-19 are likely to suffer symptoms of Long COVID that persist for eight weeks or more. About one in 50 people continued to have symptoms for 12 weeks or more. That suggests Long COVID could potentially affect many hundreds of thousands of people in the U.K. alone and millions more worldwide.

[url=https://www.biospace.com/article/covid-19-long-haulers-real-time-research-clarifying-the-condition/][/url]https://www.biospace.com/article/covid-19-long-haulers-real-time-research-clarifying-the-condition/

Quote:

Quote:
Real-Time Studies Defining Brain Fog
The landscape may begin to become clearer as real-time research continues to emerge about the long-term effects of COVID-19 infection. A large study published Tuesday in The Lancet Psychiatry assessed long haul patients within six months of diagnoses for the incidence of 14 neurological and psychiatric conditions including ischemic stroke, psychotic mood, anxiety disorders and substance abuse.
Among the 236,379 post-COVID-19 patients, 1 in 3 were diagnosed with a neuropsychiatric condition within the next six months, most commonly mood disorders, and 12.8% of those were first-time diagnoses of the illness. In fact, compared to the control groups, first-ever diagnoses were nearly twice as high. Potentially more concerning was the fact that these diagnoses included dementia and stroke.

[url=https://health.ucdavis.edu/health-news/newsroom/studies-show-long-haul-covid-19-afflicts-1-in-4-covid-19-patients-regardless-of-severity/2021/03][/url]https://health.ucdavis.edu/health-news/newsroom/studies-show-long-haul-covid-19-afflicts-1-in-4-covid-19-patients-regardless-of-severity/2021/03

Quote:

Quote:
(SACRAMENTO)

More than one in four COVID-19 patients develop long-haul symptoms lasting for months even if they had mild cases, according to a handful of studies that have emerged recently.

Doctors have been estimating one-quarter to one-third of COVID-19 patients become long haulers, as many patients call themselves. Now, four studies published since February confirm that range. They show that 27% to nearly 33% of patients who had COVID-19 but did not need to be hospitalized later developed some form of long-haul COVID.

74OA
AG
harge57 said:

The_Fox said:

74OA said:

No, next question.

If your particular infection resulted in sufficient enduring antibodies, you don't need to.

The point is, you don't actually know.
88planoAg
AG
74OA said:

harge57 said:

The_Fox said:

74OA said:

No, next question.

If your particular infection resulted in sufficient enduring antibodies, you don't need to.

There is no compelling evidence of large scale reinfection. 'we don't know for certain' isn't sufficient. Please post evidence of reinfection (not speculation that it can occur).
coolerguy12
AG
74OA said:

harge57 said:

The_Fox said:

74OA said:

No, next question.

Tell you what. If I promise to not ***** if I become a long haul Covid person will you promise to stop trying to force your vaccine down my throat? Cause it seems like you're ok with me not taking it if I won't complain but then you follow up that I need to get it to protect others. So which one is it?

Seems to me that no matter what I do it will never be enough. First I need to stay home from work for 2 weeks. Then I need to mask up to leave the house. Then I need to cancel all vacations and holiday plans. Then I need to get a shot before going back to normal. Next I'll need a booster shot for the variants. Then just to be safe I'll need to get put in a database to show I'm #covidsafe.

For me it ended at "stay home from work for 2 weeks." Feel free to take your fear mongering elsewhere.
coolerguy12
AG
88planoAg said:

74OA said:

harge57 said:

The_Fox said:

74OA said:

No, next question.

There is no compelling evidence of large scale reinfection. 'we don't know for certain' isn't sufficient. Please post evidence of reinfection (not speculation that it can occur).

He would rather try to scare people into getting vaccinated and make them feel like a bad person if they don't. The "party of science" has proven time and time again they only care about the science that fits their narrative.
AggieFlyboy
AG
Hincemm said:

74OA said:

Up to 30% is is baseless conjecture and intended to create fear. The number is likely neglible
KidDoc
AG
based on the information available from pandemic projections in your state of residence, the tool estimates an absolute rate of mortality of 0.7 (95% CI: 0.4 - 1.2 ) per 1,000,000 .

----------------
Oooh scary! I'm a chubby middle aged but no other conditions and in ok shape (base HR 55). Pretty nice tool from Johns Hopkins.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bruce Almighty
AG
KidDoc said:

based on the information available from pandemic projections in your state of residence, the tool estimates an absolute rate of mortality of 0.7 (95% CI: 0.4 - 1.2 ) per 1,000,000 .

----------------
Oooh scary! I'm a chubby middle aged but no other conditions and in ok shape (base HR 55). Pretty nice tool from Johns Hopkins.

I don't get it. I'm 42, 5'9 160 pounds, checked no boxes and mine was 1%. Why would mine be higher than yours?
88planoAg
AG
Try picking different zip codes.
Bruce Almighty
AG
88planoAg said:

Try picking different zip codes.

I did that. I live in a small town of 20,000 people in suburban Springfield, MO. We've had like 20 Covid deaths and zero in my age bracket. When I changed it to Houston, where I grew up, it went down when you'd think it'd go up.
harge57
AG
74OA said:

So have we flattened the curve yet?

Flatten the curve
Myocarditis
Two more weeks
Surface Spread
Variants!
Wear a mask
Asymptomatic spread
Reinfection
Wear a double mask.... no triple!
Ivermectin people are crazy
Variants again!

Now its "Long COVID"

What's next when this is proven no big deal as well?

GIVE IT UP
fightingfarmer09
FratboyLegend
TXTransplant said:

FratboyLegend said:

Not sure if serious...you do realize it's taken all this time to collect enough data to build this model?
No it hasn't. We've had this data for a year.

In fact, if you look at the Diamond Princess, we had rough but actionable data in late Feb / early March of 2020.

I'm completely serious.
#CertifiedSIP
Hincemm
AG
FratboyLegend said:

In fact, if you look at the Diamond Princess, we had rough but actionable data in late Feb / early March of 2020.

you mean, don't put a bunch of olds in a petri dish?!
WoMD
harge57 said:

Guessing yours is out of 1mil not 10 mil.

Nope. 10 million, which surprised me.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.