Austin anti-COVID Vax doctor referrals for kids

9,790 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Shank Ag
bucky91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have 2 daughters, 17 and 14 and the wife is wanting to have them get the COVID vaccine. I am not wanting to. Risk v reward is slight for kids. I would rather hold out and see some results and more info on an experimental vaccine. Kids pediatrician pushing it. Would love to send my wife to a local Austin doctor to present an alternate view...
Gordo14
bucky91 said:

I have 2 daughters, 17 and 14 and the wife is wanting to have them get the COVID vaccine. I am not wanting to. Risk v reward is slight for kids. I would rather hold out and see some results and more info on an experimental vaccine. Kids pediatrician pushing it. Would love to send my wife to a local Austin doctor to present an alternate view...

It's not experimental. At this point that statement has no grounds to stand on. In about 4 months the red tape will be off the full FDA approval of the vaccine (Pfizer is applying this month and it takes 4 months of bureaucracy to get to the finish line if that's the hill you want to die on). Hundreds of millions globally have had this vaccine, some have been vaccinated for a year in the trials, and nothing bad has shown up. This vaccine has had more scrutiny than the yearly flu vaccine. The idea that COVID is less risky by any metric than the vaccine at this point is just factually wrong.
AeroAg1
AG
Gordo14 said:

bucky91 said:

It's not experimental. At this point that statement has no grounds to stand on. In about 4 months the red tape will be off the full FDA approval of the vaccine (Pfizer is applying this month and it takes 4 months of bureaucracy to get to the finish line if that's the hill you want to die on). Hundreds of millions globally have had this vaccine, some have been vaccinated for a year in the trials, and nothing bad has shown up. This vaccine has had more scrutiny than the yearly flu vaccine. The idea that COVID is less risky by any metric than the vaccine at this point is just factually wrong.
You state that as a fact but people are getting sick, people are having severe reactions, and yes people are dying in some instances. There is absolutely zero long term research on it these vaccines and some countries are pulling theirs from the markets. They rushed this stuff out so fast that J&J was pulled so they could research what was happening. Did you forget that part? We're a couple of months into the mass hand out of a drug that was a put together and distributed in what, 8 months?

You continue to post your opinion as a fact just like your claim when Texas lifting the mask mandate was premature.

Quit talking down to people who are actually researching these vaccines. It's not helping.
01agtx
AG
Neuronutrition Associates.
jopatura
AG
The studies are for the efficacy on combating COVID, which the vaccines are very good at. The studies are not for the side effects.

For the 12-15 year old Pfizer study, there were only 2200 participants and they compared most of the ratios to the adult studies that had been completed. If it compared to the adult ratio and the efficacy remained high (in this case 100%), it passed. There were only 20 COVID cases in the placebo group, so it's hard to say how much of that efficacy is really because of the vaccine.

For me, the study did not adequately answer my questions about MIS-C and did not answer what might happen if someone caught COVID after being vaccinated because that simply did not happen (which I don't believe is a real world application at all since we know people can catch COVID after being vaccinated).

Luckily I think the 2-11 study is supposed to be more in depth, but they also want it to be available four months after the trials started. They are pushing for a September approval after starting trials this month on the young kids. That's just too fast for me to really understand the long term applications of the vaccine.

I don't think you're going to find a sane pediatrician in Austin to speak to those bullet points though. Most will be offering it in office to make that $$$.
beerad12man
AG
What instances are people dying from the vaccines?
bay fan
S
So you want to shop for a doctor who will say what you want to hear and ignore the one whose advice you have taken regarding their health to this point? Okay..
amercer
AG
beerad12man said:

Facebook
Old Buffalo
AG
Gordo14 said:

The idea that COVID is less risky by any metric than the vaccine at this point is just factually wrong.
3.2m cases*, 500 deaths.

That's pretty low risk in my opinion....

*known
01agtx
AG
beerad12man said:

VAERS
I Am A Critic
rudy99 said:

You state that as a fact but people are getting sick, people are having severe reactions, and yes people are dying in some instances.
And the probability of those outcomes is still a lot lower than the probability of dying of Covid for the same vaccinated population. It make no sense to wait other than being able to anonymously virtual signal on your favorite collegiate message board.
ORAggieFan
01agtx said:

beerad12man said:

VAERS
Has no meaningful data.

Directly from them:
Quote:

VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.

ORAggieFan
jopatura said:

I don't think you're going to find a sane pediatrician in Austin to speak to those bullet points though. Most will be offering it in office to make that $$$.
Yeah, that's it. Doctors are out to get that vaccine money and get rich!
TXTransplant
ORAggieFan said:

01agtx said:

beerad12man said:

VAERS
Has no meaningful data.

Directly from them:
Quote:

VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.

Also:
    VAERS accepts reports of any adverse event following vaccination, even if it is not clear the vaccine caused the problem.

And

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences. Anyone can submit a report to VAERS, including parents and patients.

And

FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS.Reports to VAERS of death following vaccination do not necessarily mean the vaccine caused the death.CDC follows up on any report of death to request additional information to learn more about what occurred and to determine whether the death was a result of the vaccine or was unrelated.

It's amazing to me how many people who question whether or not someone ~really~ died from Covid will also believe these numbers with absolutely no hesitation.
Diggity
AG
seriously...I question the intelligence of anyone that went into pediatrics in the last 30 years to get rich.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Gordo14 said:

bucky91 said:

" The idea that COVID is less risky by any metric than the vaccine at this point is just factually wrong."

Really? What data are you basing this on for teenagers?
The_Fox
Old Buffalo said:

Gordo14 said:

The idea that COVID is less risky by any metric than the vaccine at this point is just factually wrong.
3.2m cases*, 500 deaths.

That's pretty low risk in my opinion....

*known

That sounds a lot like my chances of death from COVId.
TAMUallen
AG
Is it the most harmful vaccine currently in existence and the only to not go through normal standards?
Post removed:
by user
coolerguy12
AG
Quote:

It's amazing to me how many people who question whether or not someone ~really~ died from Covid will also believe these numbers with absolutely no hesitation.

It's amazing to me people will believe 550,000 ~really~ died from Covid but are so quick to discredit deaths after receiving the vaccine.

Both sides are pushing false narratives. I don't believe the vaccine is dangerous. I also don't believe my 86 year old great uncle died from Covid when he had stopped treatment for prostate cancer 6 weeks prior.
PascalsWager
AG
I'm not sure why you need to find a doctor. Is your wife going to be swayed by one or two people's opinions when everyone else is overwhelmingly for it?

That being said you might want to look outside of allopathic medicine. Naturopaths, Homeopaths, and Chiropractors will tell you what you want to hear.
TXTransplant
coolerguy12 said:

Quote:

It's amazing to me people will believe 550,000 ~really~ died from Covid but are so quick to discredit deaths after receiving the vaccine.

Both sides are pushing false narratives. I don't believe the vaccine is dangerous. I also don't believe my 86 year old great uncle died from Covid when he had stopped treatment for prostate cancer 6 weeks prior.

I don't for a second believe that the deaths from Covid number is accurate. However, we are talking orders of magnitude difference in the two data sets.

Over 259 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 10, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,434 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.

Even if Covid deaths are 1/10 of what's being reported (and I definitely don't think that's the case), it would still be an order of magnitude greater than the number of deaths reported after vaccination.

Not to mention, the death rate for Covid among adults is significantly greater than 0.0017%.

So, the analogy you are trying to make simply doesn't hold water if you look at the actual numbers. That's not a false narrative.
coolerguy12
AG
I'm not trying to equate the two numbers. Obviously more people have died from Covid than from vaccines. I'm just saying the side that claims 550,000 deaths "from" Covid are quick to discredit deaths after the vaccine just like people claiming the vaccines cause death are quick to discredit Covid deaths. Both sides are wrong. You just chose to call out one side so I'm making sure both sides get acknowledged as liars.
KidDoc
AG
Have her watch the ZdoggMD video.

Funny thread though. If you think Pediatricians are making $$ by vaccines you are way out of touch. Pedi are the lowest average pay of any doc. What other field has the goal of putting themselves out of business through prevention?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fightingfarmer09
I have seen enough first hand vaccine sickness from my coworkers and my family to know I will not get my children vaccinated for what is a non issue for them.

When about 75% of our company had sickness following the vaccination, including all 5 last week from overseas holed up in their hotel rooms, I have enough information.

Having said that, I'm not sure shopping for an opinion would convince my wife of anything other than I shopped for an opinion.
TXTransplant
What specifically are people lying about re the vaccine? Saying it's safe? Because that's not a lie, that's truth.

I haven't seen a single person/entity claim the vaccine is 100% effective and safe - because we know that can't possibly be true. People do experience adverse effects, up to and including death, due to vaccines. That's true for pretty much all vaccines, not just the Covid vaccine.

However, the numbers simply don't support using that as a reason to not get vaccinated.
coolerguy12
AG
TXTransplant said:

What specifically are people lying about re the vaccine? Saying it's safe? Because that's not a lie, that's truth.

I haven't seen a single person/entity claim the vaccine is 100% effective and safe - because we know that can't possibly be true. People do experience adverse effects, up to and including death, due to vaccines. That's true for pretty much all vaccines, not just the Covid vaccine.

However, the numbers simply don't support using that as a reason to not get vaccinated.

"Anti vaxers" saying the vaccine is dangerous is a lie. You called out anti vaxers as lying because they are willing to question if 550,000 people ~really~ died of Covid while counting any vaccine death or illness as legit. I agree with you. But you also need to call out the side that says 555,000 Covid deaths happened but we can't trust any vaccine death or illness because it could just be a coincidence.

I can't say it any clearer. Both sides lie. I'll call out both sides.
TXTransplant
Fair enough. I guess I'm not looking at it from the perspective of anyone saying or implying that all vaccine deaths are a "coincidence." I'm sure some (probably most) of them are (particularly among the elderly), but I also know vaccines can cause adverse effects.

Seems to me, anyone with half a brain would understand that, but I'm sure someone out there is saying something crazy. I haven't heard anyone say deaths are nothing but a coincidence, certainly not doctors. But I have heard/seen doctors say the vaccines are dangerous.

More often than not, though, I hear people citing numbers but absolutely refusing to put them in context. For example, the blood clots and the J&J vaccine.

900,000 people a year are diagnosed with blood clots; 100,000 die.

Women with certain "conditions" (ie, pregnancy), or who are receiving hormones can be at higher risk for bloods clots. Smoking and a family history of blood clots compound that risk.

The J&J vaccine was temporarily suspended because 6 women developed blood clots after being vaccinated.

Some people just want to be scared - of Covid, of vaccines, of GMO foods, of pesticides, of plastics, of "chemicals", the list goes on and on. It's all gotten out of hand.
coolerguy12
AG
Quote:

Some people just want to be scared

I could not agree with you more.
Silky Johnston
Does Andrew Wakefield still practice in Austin?
aggiederelict
He does have a quiet following especially in Westlake.
KidDoc
AG
Silky Johnston said:

Does Andrew Wakefield still practice in Austin?
He is not a state licensed MD but he has a thriving cash practice for Autism last I checked. Essentially a snake oil salesman IMO.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiederelict
Yep. Desperate parents being taken advantaged of. Terribly sad.
AggieOne
AG
My 15 year old got his first shot on Friday (true), Loves the 5G reception bump (not true..just making fun of the ignorant).
Father of a MAROON GOON - Swing OT and sometimes TE #57

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/luke-williams/10698
harge57
AG
AggieOne said:

My 15 year old got his first shot on Friday (true), Loves the 5G reception bump (not true..just making fun of the ignorant).

Are you people even testing if your kids already have anti bodies before you inject them? There is a very real chance they already had covid and had no idea. 40% of kids are asymptomatic.

And why are you vaccinating them for something that only 8 in 100,000 people in their age group have severe symptoms to?

Are you really risking your kids health (very small risk) for the hope it benefits others that didn't get the vaccine?

Have your kids gotten the flu shot every year? Statistically that is way more beneficial and more proven but I bet most were not in a hurry to get that every year.

Boggles my mind that people would vaccinate their kids for COVID.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.