Chinese vaccine.......

2,204 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GE
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
........only about 50% effective. "Gao Fu, the director of the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, said on Saturday that the authorities were considering two options to "solve the problem" of low efficacy: adjusting dosages and mixing different products." No wonder they're dumping it on the Third World. SINOVAC
TXCityAggie
AG
That is one that is being distributed here in Colombia. I refuse to take it. I will wait until I can get back to the states and take one there.
amercer
AG
Their vaccines are crap, and they've been shipping them around the world without mentioning the low numbers.

BUT the original bar for efficacy the FDA was talking about was 50%. And even if they only cut cases by 50%, if they prevent hospitalization and death, then they are doing their job.

Of course we don't know any of that because the Chinese haven't actually released any real numbers.
74OA
AG
Exactly--who really knows?

"They don't really trust it themselves," said Therese Hesketh, an expert on China's healthcare system at University College London. "They really did a rush job on the vaccine and the clinical trials have never been properly scrutinized. I'm aware from colleagues in China that there's huge vaccine hesitancy anyway."

"Chinese vaccine developers have been repeatedly criticized for a lack of transparency and lag foreign peers in publishing full trial data in peer-reviewed medical journals. The weekend study out of Sinovac vaccine's late-stage trial in Brazil came three months after its first efficacy readouts, while state-owned Sinopharm has yet to publish full data from phase 3 trials for its two inactivated Covid vaccines."

GROWING CONCERN
Aston94
AG
And yet as a country they have 18 new cases per day and no deaths since last April.

Can you really trust anything their government says?
PJYoung
AG
Aston94 said:

And yet as a country they have 18 new cases per day and no deaths since last April.

Can you really trust anything their government says?

bigtruckguy3500
I remember in December the Chinese were trying to discredit the Pfizer vaccine as being only 20% effective. There were claims that Pfizer kicked people out of the trial that developed COVID symptoms. Luckily it didn't gain much traction on social media. But you gotta figure the Chinese would love to see continue to be bogged down by this virus.
74OA
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

I remember in December the Chinese were trying to discredit the Pfizer vaccine as being only 20% effective. There were claims that Pfizer kicked people out of the trial that developed COVID symptoms. Luckily it didn't gain much traction on social media. But you gotta figure the Chinese would love to see continue to be bogged down by this virus.
Not just that, they and Russia continue to aggressively peddle the lie that the virus originated in the US.

Anything to deflect from the fact that the CCP's mismanagement and deception allowed a local epidemic in Wuhan to spin out of control and become a global pandemic.

Just like earlier communist incompetence allowed SARS--which originated in another Chinese wet market over a decade ago--to similarly escape China and infect the world, too.
GE
AG
You'd think it would be more effective given they created it and should know more about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.