Daughter just skipped Covid shot

4,051 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Marauder Blue 6
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...because Walgreen's called right before the apptmt and said she had to have a physical copy of her insurance card. I would have told them to GTH, I'll be there in 5 minutes, but it's a shame to see people who'd rather intimidate patients instead of helping them.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Bird Poo
AG
Getting J&J at Walmart today. Just got a call from them asking the same thing....
Duncan Idaho
That is weird. At no time was my insurance card asked for when I got my shot from CVS.
Bird Poo
AG
Insurance companies wanting to know who is vaccinated?
ORAggieFan
Aren't these all free? Why?
BiochemAg97
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Free as in no out of pocket. Covered by insurance, Medicare/Medicaid.
Charpie
AG
Weird. When I got mind through APH, they didn't ask for anything
94chem
Duncan Idaho said:

That is weird. At no time was my insurance card asked for when I got my shot from CVS.

I stopped in the middle of worship and sent her a picture. Not good enough. Of course they would let her have the shot. But a shy 18 year old doesn't need to deal with the posturing. And before some butt-wipe asks why an 18 year old would get the vaccine...1) Herd immunity 2) Public health 3) Personal reasons 4) None of your business.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
ORAggieFan
BiochemAg97 said:

ORAggieFan said:

No, paid for by feds. I didn't provide any insurance for mine.
Scotts Tot
AG
At CVS I was asked whether I had insurance, and when I said yes they asked to see my card. I assume I could have said no and it would have made no difference.
GAC06
AG
I'd say a thread about an 18 year old unable to get a vaccine because of a pointless insurance card "requirement" is a good sign about where we are in the covid saga
oldvalleyrat
AG
My wife (grandma) took our two grand kids (18 yr old twins) to Walgreen to get their Covid shots two days ago and came home steaming. They had asked for the insurance card and she didn't have the card. She threw a fit and they said it was necessary to charge the "administrative fee". She told them the shot was supposed to be free. They ended up giving them the shot. I guess that these days you have to be ready to be a crotchety old grandparent to get things done. She already had hers at the local hospital and they asked for nothing when she went through the line.
All organizations are perfectly aligned for the results they get.
TulsAg
AG
Per one news report that I saw, vaccine providers can seek a few from insurance companies for the administration of the shot, but not for the vaccine itself, and in either case, the patient pays nothing.

Can't vouch for it, but that is the explanation provided in the report.
RockOn
Probably better to just say "no insurance" when signing up for these if you're going with a for-profit provider.
zarbas77
AG
TulsAg is right. The vaccine itself is free but the facility is allowed to charge an administration fee. I don't believe that the Hubs charge the administration fee and it is totally free at their sites.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WoMD
I assume you don't have to show an id then...? I haven't gotten my Idaho license yet (although I have insurance), so am wondering if any places care about identification at this point.
bay fan
S
They add the shot to her medical record.
RockOn
WoMD said:

I assume you don't have to show an id then...? I haven't gotten my Idaho license yet (although I have insurance), so am wondering if any places care about identification at this point.
I'm in Utah and got my shots in Utah despite having a TX drivers license. I went to UDOH clinic and it was free, no insurance required, and they only looked at my DL to confirm I was who I said I was on the form.

Worst case scenario you could hop down to Logan and get 'em for sure, but I don't anticipate you'll have any issue.
mccjames
AG
Never asked my my wife or my daughter for any insurance, however my daughter said on campus is charging an administrator fee

Easy come, Easy go
94chem
bay fan said:

They add the shot to her medical record.

Ha. Apparently you haven't seen how medical records are kept in the 21st century. Sure, everything's digital, but none of the systems are connected. You can drive all over, call all over, check and double check, but at the end, it's about like merging Commodore 64 floppy drive with a Pentium.
94chem,
Trucker 96
Just tell them you dont have insirance
ORAggieFan
WoMD said:

You definitely need ID. I wouldn't worry about what state it's from.
AggieTFA06
AG
mccjames said:

Never asked my my wife or my daughter for any insurance, however my daughter said on campus is charging an administrator fee

Yeah, I got my shot from Texas A&M and was charged a $25 administrator fee. However, my insurance covered this which was probably why I was asked to bring an insurance card.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Matsui
AG
Heb billing $40 a shot to insurance for their shots
Matsui
AG
You can easily say no insurance but I get it with a shy 18 year old.
BigOil
AG
Walgreens asked for insurance info and if you didn't have insurance they wanted DL info on the form
jetch17
AG
VACCINE SUPPRESSION!
beerad12man
AG
I just said no insurance(didn't want to deal with it) and they said okay.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Quote:

but it's a shame to see people who'd rather intimidate patients instead of helping them.
Is it really intimidation to ask for an insurance card?
TXTransplant
Mikeyshooter said:

Quote:

but it's a shame to see people who'd rather intimidate patients instead of helping them.
Is it really intimidation to ask for an insurance card?
I'm sure it might be to someone who really wants the shot and doesn't have insurance. At the very least, it could be said that it discourages people who don't have insurance from getting the shot.
BowSowy
AG
ORAggieFan said:

BiochemAg97 said:

ORAggieFan said:

No, paid for by feds. I didn't provide any insurance for mine.
When I signed up for my shots at CVS, they asked for my insurance info. IIRC, they said that they will charge insurance companies when able and then charge the government when not able to charge insurance companies.
LCE
AG
JNJ shot this morning. Only asked for Drivers License. WellMed center. No charge.
Gizzards
AG
GAC06 said:

I'd say a thread about an 18 year old unable to get a vaccine because of a pointless insurance card "requirement" is a good sign about where we are in the covid saga

She was able. She chose not to. Hopefully she will change her mind and go back either with the card or simply tell them she has no insurance. At the end of the day no one denied her the vaccine.
TXCityAggie
AG
I wonder how this would work for me if I want to get a vaccine in the states. My insurance is in Colombia. I was hoping to get the J&J shot while I'm there for about 10 days this summer.
ORAggieFan
TXCityAggie said:

I wonder how this would work for me if I want to get a vaccine in the states. My insurance is in Colombia. I was hoping to get the J&J shot while I'm there for about 10 days this summer.
Don't worry about it. Just say you don't have insurance and they'll give it to you.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.