No side effects...poor immune response?

1,441 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Counterpoint
Scotts Tot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm at about 24 hours after my second Moderna shot. Aside from the sore arm I have felt no side effects with either shot. I'm healthy in my 30s with no conditions to compromise my immune system. I was expecting to feel something, and in a weird way almost hoping to have some mild side effects to make me feel like my body was mounting a response. But...nothing.

Can a lack of symptoms indicate a weak immune response, or is it really just a crapshoot and I got lucky?
beerad12man
AG
Doesn't really mean anything. You should be fine
Texagsubscriber
I did a quick read. It shows that the side effects are most likely but did not occur in all trial participants.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/moderna/reactogenicity.html
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
The Fall Guy
AG
Me. 47. Pfizer
Brother 50 Pfizer
Aunt 80 Pfizer
Mom 76 Moderna

None if us had any real affects.

Just go with the flow

74OA
AG
Scotts Tot said:

I'm at about 24 hours after my second Moderna shot. Aside from the sore arm I have felt no side effects with either shot. I'm healthy in my 30s with no conditions to compromise my immune system. I was expecting to feel something, and in a weird way almost hoping to have some mild side effects to make me feel like my body was mounting a response. But...nothing.

Can a lack of symptoms indicate a weak immune response, or is it really just a crapshoot and I got lucky?
"Follow-up studies with antibody measures and epidemiology studies have shown that the overwhelming majority of those who experience no symptoms after the vaccine have developed immunity," he added."

Taken from one of many ARTICLES available on this question.
Counterpoint
AG
The only side effects that more than 50% of Moderna patients have are arm pain, headache, muscle pain, and fatigue. And you had the arm pain (and maybe you were more tired than normal, so that would count as fatigue). That's pretty good!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.