2nd Pfizer vaccine side effects

2,787 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maverick12
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday. I woke up several times lastnight and this morning I woke up with my arm that was vaccinated a lot sorer than it was after the first. I also woke up with chills, muscle aches etc. how long do these side effects typically last? Is it safe to take Tylenol or just let the vaccine work?
Dad
AG
You can take Tylenol or Ibuprofen and you will likely feel a lot better tomorrow.
cisgenderedAggie
I had second dose yesterday too. Felt fine for the day, but woke up several times with sneezing fits. Almost exactly 24 hrs after the shot, I've been feeling pretty lightheaded and weak.

Hoping to avoid the NSAIDs though cause I wanted to do some heavy drinking later.
The Fall Guy
AG
Nothing both of their shots. 47 male
riverrataggie
AG
I got mine yesterday as well. We are VID brothers.

Other than being fuzzy in the head I'm not seeing much. I think I might have a Bloody Mary.

TexasAggie008
AG
got Pzy #2 at around noon Wednesday....no issues, then from 2AM early Thursday morning until that evening (18ish hours total?) - pretty much knocked out with chills/low fever ("flu like symptoms").

All good since then
AggieRAGE
AG
Mid-30's here and no issues with either shot other than a sore arm. I got lucky I suppose.
CapAmr05
AG
Received my second Pfizer dosage on Wednesday @11am. Felt fine through the afternoon so I went to my usual workout that afternoon.

I started feeling more tired/ groggy around 9pm and went to bed early. I had incredibly weird dreams and woke up almost every hour, on the hour with increasing chills (shoulder soreness had increased also) until I got up for work @ 7am. At maybe 3am I had to grab a microfiber blanket to feel warmer because the bursts of shaking was so bad it kept waking my wife up.

Most of Thursday morning I had no energy and generally achy; shoulder pain was fairly high. I took some ibuprofen around lunch time and ate a little and felt massively better.

The ibuprofen must've worn off around 4pm because I was back to feeling drained enough to where I had to take a nap until 5pm. Skipped my evening workout and turned in early for bed again ~10pm. No night chills but not a fully normal sleep either.

Felt perfectly fine Friday morning, went on a 5 mile run at lunch with no issues - feel back to normal.

I've had COVID back in January; things that were similar though less severe when experiencing it from the Vaccine:
  • Fatigue
  • Chills
  • Fever dreams

Things I had with COVID that I didn't have with the vaccine:
  • Light Cough
  • Fever (Temp never got to 102)
  • Short episodes of Vertigo
  • Skin Irritation
  • Night Sweats
  • (flipping from bone-rattling-shaking-cold to dripping-hot was probably the miserable part of COVID for me)

I would take the COVID vaccine experience over actual covid any day of the week.
agcpa85
AG
58 yr old male - no side effects after second shot of Pfizer. Arm was not as sore as first time
SBISA Victim
AG
I also have a mild fever. At last check it was 100.2
mccjames
AG
54 nothing but sore arm on first shot

2nd shot at 8:00 AM, started feeling tired around 3:00
11:00 100 fever, chills. Low grade fever till 4:00AM, tired the next day, slept 12 hours and feel great today.
Easy come, Easy go
BMach
AG
AggieRAGE said:

Mid-30's here and no issues with either shot other than a sore arm. I got lucky I suppose.

Same, second shot less sore than the first
TXTransplant
BMach said:

AggieRAGE said:

Same, second shot less sore than the first

Same. Got #2 on Wednesday. My arm was significantly less sore than after the first shot.
EnergyAg
AG
32 y/o male and got Pfizer shot #2 yesterday. Felt fine other than arm soreness until about 11 AM today (22 hrs after shot) and since then I've felt super low energy, achy, mildly lightheaded, chills, and low grade fever (100.3). I expect to be more or less back to normal by tomorrow.

Totally worth it to be able to go sit and eat chips and salsa in an actual Mexican restaurant again!
Memphis 7
EnergyAg said:

32 y/o male and got Pfizer shot #2 yesterday. Felt fine other than arm soreness until about 11 AM today (22 hrs after shot) and since then I've felt super low energy, achy, mildly lightheaded, chills, and low grade fever (100.3). I expect to be more or less back to normal by tomorrow.

Totally worth it to be able to go sit and eat chips and salsa in an actual Mexican restaurant again!

40 year old male. Same exact thing I went through l, lasted a day.
Rubble
AG
Memphis 7 said:

EnergyAg said:

40 year old male. Same exact thing I went through l, lasted a day.

Pretty much the same with me. I got my second shot yesterday at 7:30am. This afternoon around 3:30 I felt really tired and took a nap. Better now. No fever that I know of. Drinking a beer now.

41 year old male
AggieBiker
AG
agcpa85 said:

58 yr old male - no side effects after second shot of Pfizer. Arm was not as sore as first time
59 yr old male - same results here
debased
AG
44 male, had covid back in January. Got 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday at 11:30 am. Was fine until I woke up sore with muscle aches at about 11:30 pm. Couldn't get comfortable and didn't sleep great the rest of the night. Got up for good about 5:30 and was still achy and had 100.3 temp. Took 1 ibuprofen and started feeling better by 7. Just a sore arm now. Only side effect of 1st shot was a sore arm.
susiesport
AG
Second Pfizer shot on Friday approx 14 hrs later experienced sore arm and fever. The fever topped at 102 and lasted approximately 24 hrs. No fever today but had some fatigue,

Only sore arm after first shot.
nortex97
AG
It made me pretty sick the next day (sweats/chills).
themissinglink
AG
1st shot - Very little side effects. Minor soreness in my arm.

2nd shot - Lots of soreness (arm, back, shoulders) for me the next day. Also had some fatigue and a light headache the next day, but I suspect that had more to do with only getting 3 hours of sleep from my 8 month old waking up every hour or so.

32 year old male
maverick12
AG
Had COVID in late January so I was a little concerned with getting the vaccine so soon. My 2nd Pfizer shot was Monday around noon. Started feeling a little off later in the evening and tossed and turned all night long (heavy sleeper so unusual for me). Woke up with minor aches, a little spacey and a slight fever. Arm was much less sore than the 1st shot. Fever subsided and felt much better later Tuesday afternoon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.