J&J vacinnes ruined. Less vacines next week

1,378 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fat girlfriend
The Fall Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.reuters.com/article/reutersComService_2_MOLT/idUSKBN2BV0QO
aggiemike02
AG
https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3191464
beerad12man
AG
So I'm not sure on this process. Just because we aren't receiving as much next week, does that mean shots in the arms actually go down, or we just lower our surplus of inventory?

I thought we were a bit ahead in terms of distributed versus administered to avoid any disrupting overall.
chimpanzee
Emergent BioSolutions: Top Official Warned That Vaccine Plant Had to Be 'Monitored Closely` - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Emergent is a federal contractor that exists to manufacture vaccines in the case of a pandemic. They have one job to do, and they can't do it.

Quote:

So far, the Food and Drug Administration has not certified the factory to distribute any doses for public use, and the agency is not expected to do so until it conducts a thorough review, which can take weeks.

Quote:

By giving Emergent a key role in its coronavirus response, the government was counting on the company to deliver on a promise made more than eight years earlier. To ensure a domestic supply of vaccines in a pandemic, the government had awarded Emergent a $163 million contract in 2012 to ready the Baltimore plant for mass production in a crisis.

But Mr. de Notaristefani wrote that Emergent had used the site primarily for smaller development projects. To make large amounts of Covid-19 vaccines, the company "will have to strengthen" its quality controls, requiring "significant resources and commitment," he wrote.

Quote:

Though the original federal contract for the Baltimore plant required Emergent to demonstrate large-scale manufacturing of a pandemic influenza vaccine envisioned by health officials as a pressure test of its abilities Emergent had yet to do so, The Times reported on Tuesday. The company risked defaulting on the original deal, which had set a deadline of June 2020. The company also has separate agreements with the two vaccine makers worth more than $875 million.

beerad12man
AG
Looks like another doug basically answered it. Maybe i the future.

https://tabexternal.dshs.texas.gov/t/THD/views/COVID-19VaccineinTexasDashboard/Summary?:isGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&:embed=y

If I'm reading this right, we appear to be at about a 1.6 million dose surplus. I wouldn't think that would cause us to slow down any time soon.

By the time this effects projected amounts, I bet we are starting to reduce the daily numbers naturally anyways. In a couple months, things will likely slow down as you get more and more shots in the arms of those eager to get it, and then it becomes the more hesitant crowd. I suspect once about 60% get their first dose. Just get as many in the arms as we can the next 5-6 weeks then see where things stand from a supply/demand standpoint.
fat girlfriend
Fewer.

Signed,
Grammar Nazi
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.