Washington Senators and Covid

1,904 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by txaggie79
Aston94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was amazed this weekend to learn that the Washington Senators had to postpone their opening weekend due to Covid tracing and because a few players had tested positive.

I would have thought all baseball players would have received a vaccine when they came back for spring training. Why they have not all been vaccinated is beyond me.

I would think as a society we would want these players vaccinated near the front of the line. Not necessarily because they are baseball players and we have a collective interest in the sport, but because we are asking them to travel more across the country than almost anyone, and their risk of infection and transmission is higher than anyone, and they work in an environment (locker room) where social distancing is more difficult.

[Keep political comments off this forum per WatchOle, please. - Staff]
RandyAg98
AG
Senators? Is this 1941?
Old Buffalo
AG
Aston94 said:

I would have thought all baseball players would have received a vaccine when they came back for spring training. Why they have not all been vaccinated is beyond me.
James Karinchak would like to have a word with you.
Capitol Ag
AG
RandyAg98 said:

Senators? Is this 1941?
no, it's 1971! But I have heard the Senators may move to Texas b/c of less tight Covid restrictions. We will see...
DrZ
AG
That Frank Howard is a good young prospect
jopatura
AG
From what I understand, the players association is allowing player's choice on whether they get the vaccine or not. They have players in all camps - fully vaccinated, cautious about vaccination, and refusing vaccination. All the players have the opportunity to get vaccinated.
PerpetualLurker
Believe you are correct.

That said, they loosen up covid restrictions once 85% of the team is vaccinated.
https://apnews.com/article/mlb-baseball-coronavirus-pandemic-games-card-games-64e2be9ba041740779c535508606309e
Aston94
AG
RandyAg98 said:

Senators? Is this 1941?
Darn it, meant Nationals.

Aston94
AG
Aston94 said:

I am generally curious what I said that was political/ There was no intent to be political, so curious what I said that was deemed such?
Rubble
AG
I'm sure someone with F16 animosity flagged it. It didn't come across political to me.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Aston94 said:

Aston94 said:

I am generally curious what I said that was political/ There was no intent to be political, so curious what I said that was deemed such?

Staph only read the title and assumed you were bad mouthing the legislative senators.
txaggie79
AG
Any word on the Brooklyn Dodgers?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.