Not getting a response from Dallas county

2,470 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by hbc07
mrmill3218
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad signed up a month ago via the Dallas county website. He never got an email to schedule his vaccine. So he signed up today but didn't get a confirmation email or anything. (He did get one the first time.) Is there something else we can do? He's in his 60s and would like to get it ASAP.
texican08
AG
CVS, Walgreens or an administering grocery store?
mrmill3218
AG
Called Walgreens this morning and they didn't have any.
riverrataggie
AG
I'm a Dallas County resident as well. Tell him to sign up with UTSW.

My experience is my wife and i signed up with UTSW week of March 8th, both late 30's didnt check a single box. Had the shot in arm on March 20th. Ridiculous i was prioritized over him when you think about it.

Don't go through the government on this.
plain_o_llama
I know people that have scheduled successfully with CVS. Go here and check under Texas.
https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine
I believe it was updating every day at 5:30 AM.

I also know folks that got scheduled through their Primary Care Physician groups, Baylor Scott and White,
and Texas Health Resources.

I've heard that some of the Walmart Pharmacies in DFW have been getting shipments but not all.
PerpetualLurker
Strongly recommend you check this site out:
https://www.vaccinespotter.org/TX/

Shows all the available doses in a map, updated pretty frequently
PerpetualLurker
For instance, there are currently appointments for this Friday at kroger in mesquite, among other locations.
riverrataggie
AG
I think you are getting the gist OP. Don't rely on County. Go somewhere else. Plenty open and can get it done in a week.
ShinerDunk93
AG
UTSouthwestern. Website opens up on Mon and Thu. They are very efficient

You will have an appointment within a week of signing up.

I did it there it was very easy in and out. Pfizer

My wife wanted the J&J and watched the Walgreens site for a couple days then they got a shipment and she had an appointment the next day in Trophy Club
wbt5845
AG
Dallas county is the problem. They have more doses than people signed up, so they are dropping the ball somewhere.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-county-judge-clay-jenkins-says-not-enough-people-are-registering-for-covid-19-vaccine

Quote:

Next week, Texas will receive more than 2 million COVID-19 vaccine doses, and Dallas County will get more than 100,000 first doses.

But officials said not enough people are registering for the shot.

Now that every adult is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine, the county has gotten through a waitlist that was more than 1 million people just a few weeks ago.

"We are running out of people signing up on the list, if you sign up today, we will get you an appointment this week," Jenkins said.
riverrataggie
AG
wbt5845 said:

Dallas county is the problem. They have more doses than people signed up, so they are dropping the ball somewhere.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-county-judge-clay-jenkins-says-not-enough-people-are-registering-for-covid-19-vaccine

Quote:

Next week, Texas will receive more than 2 million COVID-19 vaccine doses, and Dallas County will get more than 100,000 first doses.

But officials said not enough people are registering for the shot.

Now that every adult is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine, the county has gotten through a waitlist that was more than 1 million people just a few weeks ago.

"We are running out of people signing up on the list, if you sign up today, we will get you an appointment this week," Jenkins said.

Jenkins is the problem. He's over his skis as a county judge.
jamey
AG
I signed up with all the surrounding counties and other places.

Ended up at Allen Fire Dept which was some at a drive thru at the HS stadium.

Most places seemed well organized but I can't say I recall hearing back from Dallas County either

I would suggest getting on line and start signing up places
setsmachine
AG
I've pointed many people to vaccine spotter and they have gotten appts through that
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Too bad Chick-fil-A wasn't in charge of vaccines. Everyone would already have it.
ursusguy
AG
Kaufman County was a breeze
riverrataggie
AG
Just to follow up on the whole uTSW. Received email last night to schedule 2nd dose. Signed up today to get 2nd dose.
Bird Poo
AG
PerpetualLurker said:

Strongly recommend you check this site out:
https://www.vaccinespotter.org/TX/

Shows all the available doses in a map, updated pretty frequently
The map is not very accurate when it comes to vaccine type. Several times I've tried to register at various pharmacies for the J&J only to find out that they had Moderna.
P.U.T.U
AG
Tom Thumb in Rowlett has openings for two different brands of shots
tysker
AG
The signing up without a way to un-sign yourself has been a direct cause of oversupply in Hood county. Those in high demand of the vaccine are willing to travel and with no disincentive to sign up on every list, it seems that is what lots of people have done. The mismatch between initial demand and medium-term demand is going to be ongoing issue. Even if giving up your inventory to another location is the right thing to do to maximize vaccinations, I can imagine many places are going to easily let their excess vaccines go.
2aggiesmom
mrmill3218 said:

My dad signed up a month ago via the Dallas county website. He never got an email to schedule his vaccine. So he signed up today but didn't get a confirmation email or anything. (He did get one the first time.) Is there something else we can do? He's in his 60s and would like to get it ASAP.
If you have Facebook go to DFW Covid Vaccine Finder group page . You should be able to find an appt for you Dad within a week. There are many opening for shots all over the DFW area. People post locations where you can go get your vaccine the same day with or without an appointment. It is much easier if you will take whatever shot that is available. Many people insist on getting a specific shot which they for some reason the think is the best. Good Luck.
SVaggie84
AG
Did you get your dad scheduled? CVS has openings around Dallas: Fort Worth, Garland, Forney and other places.

dubi
AG
Quote:

DFW Covid Vaccine Finder
Will you a link? I couldn't find it.
hbc07
AG
BSW has had numerous appointments available when I checked a few days ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.