Rolling waves of vaccine shot #2 symptoms

20,391 Views | 167 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by oragator
Tramp96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm on hour 20 of Moderna #2. Feel like crap. Body aches, fatigue, eyes hurt, and just have that flu-like feel all over. And my arm really hurts.
aglaes
AG
I got the Moderna. The only real symptom I got was a very sore shoulder for a couple of days after the shot - both the 1st and 2nd.

I did feel a little tired and run down the day after my second shot, but nothing that unusual.
BlackLab
AG
10 hours after Pfizer 2 started having chills. Woke up with headache, bodyaches, and fever. Fever got up to 104 and had the worst headache I think I've had. It was the like the worst case of flu I've ever had.
Tramp96
If you have a jacuzzi tub, I highly recommend it. Some Tylenol, an hour in the jacuzzi tub, and a little whiskey will do wonders for the body aches.

N=1.
maroon10
AG
33 years old and healthy. I'm on hour 30 of Pfizer and besides a sore arm, I'm experiencing an achey lower back/upper neck. Nothing horrible.
Bobbi Bloom
Received Moderna

Shot 1 - Extremely low level chills for a few hours but super sore arm that was bruised for ~4 weeks
Shot 2 - Arm was not nearly as sore (no bruising) but second day I had 102 fever and pretty bad chills all day. Felt pretty good the next day.
bbattbq01
AG
Got second moderna on Sunday afternoon.

No reaction after first shot other than really sore arm for a few days.

Second shot was fine night of. Was okay when I woke up next morning. By mid-morning I had chills and headache and general soreness. Thought I was doing better today but chills have kinda started back up. Hopefully all good in the morning.
joerobert_pete06
AG
" Well I think I'm out of the worst part of the second Covid vaccine shot from yesterday morning 25 hours in, my shoulder is still really sore, but rolling headaches, jaw aches, rib aches, hip aches was surpassed by waking up with cold chills at 1am, I couldn't shake them with the fan off and blankets and quilt doubled up. That was the worst but passed in about an hour or so, but symptoms seem to change every 30-45 mins.

Sort of feels like the vaccine components are moving around my body and an immune system battle ensues and they get chased off to another area.

So I've got many of the symptoms I had read about, but not the rolling 30-45 waves of changing symptoms, that's been a surprise. My sore shoulder has been the only consistent issue since the shot, but those chills were miserable. Really thankful that I should be out of the woods versus weeks of this from having Covid itself."

For me, I consider myself healthy with no underlining conditions and the people I know who got Covid ( wife and friends) had symptoms less severe than that. Why would I get the vaccine and put myself through that? Seems like an unnecessary risk, change my mind.
MAROON
AG
33 hours after second Moderna. Slight arm soreness (not as bad as first dose). Have felt a bit off in the afternoon and evening. But went on a walk at lunch and just now hung two sets of drapes in our garage apartment. Got a good sweat going hanging the drapes since the AC has not been on out there. Will take a couple of Tylenol at bed time. Hopefully I'm clear of any other symptoms
joerobert_pete06
AG
Was talking to my neighbor yesterday, he has an employee who has a daughter that took the 1st Pfizer shot and immediately began having seizures. Healthy girl, no underlying conditions
Charpie
AG
My husband passed out after he gave blood the other day. The body is crazy when posed with things that might be bad to it.
jamesf
AG
I received my second dose of Moderna at 8 am Tuesday. Felt fine until 8 pm, when I developed chills, what felt like a fever, and general achiness. That lasted until about 2 am, and then all day Wednesday I felt tired and a dull ache all over (but not near as bad as Tuesday night). By Wednesday night, I had fully recovered, and today I feel like normal. My arm is even really sore any more.

My wife received the Pfizer vaccine, and had no side effects whatsoever.
Saxsoon
AG
I got tired and told my coworkers I was gonna take a nap for a few hours on Tuesday morning after second shot Monday. Felt perfectly fine the rest of the day
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
AggieTFA06
AG
last Thursday, got my 2nd shot of Pfizer.

Woke up late Friday morning with chills. Felt headaches and fatigue throughout all of Friday. Got a lot of sleep Friday and woke up with body aches Saturday morning, but no more headaches. Felt much better Saturday afternoon.

To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
fig96
AG
Got my second Pfizer on Thursday afternoon, was a bit tired with a minor headache that evening then got some chills Friday afternoon/evening. Didn't sleep well but woke up pretty much back to 100% this morning.
LisaMarie
AG
Got my 2nd Pfizer yesterday at 1130am. Just about 24 hours later I've only experienced a sore arm, just like the 1st shot. Conversely, I have a couple friends my age that both got Pfizer and had fevers, chills, aches etc for more than a day.

Really hoping that I'm past the window for side effects.
Imsodopey
AG
Received my second Moderna shot on Friday afternoon. Woke up the next morning with a sore arm, a little tired, and a few more aches. Arm was tender from around two inches above my elbow to top of shoulder. Went shopping and experienced a slight bout of nausea. Took a nap afterwards. Nausea gone. Felt fine the rest of the day. Sunday feel normal with usual aches and pains of 64 yr old. Edit: arm still somewhat sore.
Rocky Rider
AG
Moderna

Shot 1: sore arm for a day or two

Shot 2: sore arm for 3 days. On Day 2 aches all over for 12-18 hours. No fever. Fine on day 3.

Tried Tylenol and Advil for aches and Tylenol worked better for me which is unusual. I usually rely on ibuprofen.
...the Big 12 is now viewed as the fifth of the big BCS leagues by many recruits. (Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell; August 2013)

Already the weakest of the “Power Five” conferences, the league (Big 12) is hemorrhaging fans, wins, TV ratings and respect. (SA Express R. Bragg; Oct 12, 2016)
dmart90
AG
Moderna. Got shot two Apr 23. Drove to OKC Apr 24 after work. Loaded a trailer and drove back Apr 25. No side effects, not even sore shoulder.
Charpie
AG
So glad to see so many vaccinated
Charpie
AG
The 18 year old got her second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. She woke up this morning with a sore arm and a headache. A little bit of Motrin and breakfast and she's ready to take on the day.

I'm happy. My family is now fully vaccinated, and ready to get back to normal life
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I got the Moderna. The only real symptom I got was a very sore shoulder for a couple of days after the shot - both the 1st and 2nd.

I did feel a little tired and run down the day after my second shot, but nothing that unusual.
I'm on the day after the 2nd Moderna shot. Feel the same.
Charpie
AG
You know what I don't get? Why you care what I choose to do.
Saxsoon
AG
Charpie said:

You know what I don't get? Why you care what I choose to do.
I don't understand people confused at why others don't want to be jerks to people who make minimum wage.
Inca
AG
My husband and I are vaccinated. We wear a mask in establishments that require them (such as my place of employment.) If I go to someone's business, I follow their rules. If I don't like their rules, I won't go there. Just like if someone invited me to their black tie wedding, I wouldn't show up in business casual attire. If I don't want to wear formal attire, I won't attend. If I want to attend, I follow their rules.
HammerHeadAg
AG
Don't fall for the derail.
oragator
Got the second shot yesterday at about 3p, Pfizer, and only arm pain to now. Only had arm pain on the first one too.
So I hope it stays that way. Don't know how much physical shape matters with these, but hopefully that helped me.
West Point Aggie
AG
Had the second shot 11 may. No arm pain but after 230 am, have felt like crap. No fever or sore throat but achy all over.

Ugh
Let’s Go Brandon!
oragator
I did eventually get a low grade fever, it never broke 100 though. And I worked the whole day and felt really tired by 5. No chills though. no body aches, no headaches...so I still got off pretty light.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.