Is Abbott lifting the state wide mask mandate today?

65,279 Views | 703 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Captain Pablo
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aTm2004 said:

This board has been very quiet about Fauci's emails.
I've been reading them and definitely worth of a thread. But, the mask one I'm not sure that's the smoking gun people want it to be. He said that same stuff for a month before changing his message. He's also said it never was to protect the wearer, which is what this question was. We should focus on the ones that expose him, like what is likely a cover up of the virus being from the lab and others like that.
aTm2004
AG
It's proof that masks do not work. He can't hide behind the "we saved it for our first responders" nonsense since this was a private message.

Also, if you paid attention when the CDC recently changed the science and decided vaccinated people do not need to wear masks, you saw the subtle shift in the mask narrative from "I wear one to protect you" to "if you're unvaccinated, you need to wear one for protection."
ORAggieFan
aTm2004 said:

It's proof that masks do not work. He can't hide behind the "we saved it for our first responders" nonsense since this was a private message.

Also, if you paid attention when the CDC recently changed the science and decided vaccinated people do not need to wear masks, you saw the subtle shift in the mask narrative from "I wear one to protect you" to "if you're unvaccinated, you need to wear one for protection."

I'm not suggesting they work. They are a joke. But, I see the difference in the narrative who they protect. In this case he was saying it wouldn't protect the wearer.

But, his comment on the size of particles and effectiveness of store bought masks should probably not be overlooked and more the focus.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Bump.
Captain Pablo
AG
larry culpepper said:

AgsMyDude said:

JBenn06 said:

Are the masks gone?

No masks, 100% open effective next Wed.

Seems a bit early IMO.
because it is too early. More people need to be vaccinated first.

I know this isn't what people want to hear but Abbott's order could undo a lot of the progress we've made.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.