Current covid contact guidelines?

540 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cc_ag92
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Daughter tested positive 12/23 and recovered

Yesterday she was out with a friend (A). Friend (A) was with Friend (B) earlier and (B) tested positive today....does my daughter (a secondary contact) need to isolate from us (family) at home?
cc_ag92
AG
Who needs to quarantine?

People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months.

People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered do not have to quarantine or get tested again as long as they do not develop new symptoms.

CDC

So, she doesn't need to quarantine within the three months after her initial illness.
Aggie95
AG
Thanks. I just edited my post as it was wrong initially.

I think she/us are fine to be around each other and other people??
cc_ag92
AG
Aggie95 said:

Daughter tested positive 12/23 and recovered

Yesterday she was out with a friend (A). Friend (A) was with Friend (B) earlier and (B) tested positive today....does my daughter (a secondary contact) need to isolate from us (family) at home?
No, even if your daughter hadn't had it before, she wouldn't need to isolate from you as a secondary contact. If Friend (A) was with (B) on the same day, it's unlikely that (A) would be contagious on the same day as exposure.

"You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more." is the guideline from the CDC, so (A) needs to quarantine if she was around (B) for 15 minutes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.