76 Days Documentary

1,818 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by amercer
bigtruckguy3500
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will be free to watch online on January 23rd. I will say, all the video comes out of communist China, so I do plan on taking everything I see with a grain of salt.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/mtv-documentary-films-offers-76-days-for-free-on-covid-lockdown-anniversary-exclusive-1234887944/
Prexys Moon
AG
a documentary out of Commie china, made by MTV, with rave reviews from the Guardian, The LA Times, the Washington Post, and the Hollywood reporter? Sounds totally objective and nonpolitical to me!
NASAg03
Prexys Moon said:

a documentary out of Commie china, made by MTV, with rave reviews from the Guardian, The LA Times, the Washington Post, and the Hollywood reporter? Sounds totally objective and nonpolitical to me!
bigtruckguy3500
Yeah, like I said, I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. But the trailer does look interesting. Today's the only day to watch for free, but I think if you watch today your local movie theater also gets a donation. Just got off work, going to kick back and watch.

https://www.76daysfilm.com/watch

ETA: So I'm only about 30 minutes in. I'd say it's less of a documentary and more just a collection of video from the 76 days of the Wuhan lockdown. It shows the human side of the lockdown from inside a hospital - showcasing both the suffering and fear, as well the lack of understanding of the virus and what it does/how it works/etc.

The level of camera access is quite interesting, and something you'd rarely see in an American hospital.
cone
AG
do they have those videos of people keeling over dead on the street?
bigtruckguy3500
cone said:

do they have those videos of people keeling over dead on the street?
I haven't seen any yet. 45 minutes in, and all hospital based.

One interesting scene, and old man in a hospital who just wants to leave is giving the nurses a hard time. They call his son, and his son starts asking him if he's a member of the communist party or not. The old man is like "WTF does that have to do with any of this? Of course I'm a party member, but how's that going to help anything?" Then starts crying and gives the phone to the nurses. The son reminds him and the nurses that he's a party member and needs to act better.
AgResearch
AG
Propaganda
amercer
AG
AgResearch said:

Propaganda

Did you watch it? Is that your review?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.