Which Vaccine?

1,423 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fairview
StudAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My mother-in-law has Pompe Disease and would be in a world of trouble if she got infected with COVID-19. I'm nervous about her getting vaccinated though because of the side effects. Is there one vaccine that has milder side effects than the other?
cc_ag92
AG
I don't think that's been established. My understanding is that the side effects are actually an indicator of the vaccine beginning to work, too.
As difficult as it's been to get the vaccine, I encourage you to get her registered and vaccinated and be prepared to deal with any possible side effects for a few days. Good luck with your decision!
AustinAg2K
From everything I've seen, the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are pretty much identical. The coming Johnson and Johnson one will probably be different, though, since it's not mRNA.
wbt5845
AG
FWIW - my wife had the Pfizer vaccine and I had Moderna. She had a mild reaction to the first one (injection site pain, some general aches and pains) but a really bad reaction to the second (she felt like she had full blown flu for 2 days). I had no reaction to Moderna and will get my second one in another week.
Aries
I've only handed out Moderna but know a lot that have received the Pfizer. Side effects were similar. The people who have had COVID did have a higher side effect rate than those that have not had it.
AgLiving06
AustinAg2K said:

From everything I've seen, the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are pretty much identical. The coming Johnson and Johnson one will probably be different, though, since it's not mRNA.

I believe the J&J is only a single shot too.
Fairview
AG
Good friend works at J&J and is involved with the vaccine. He claims it will cover the most strains of the virus but I haven't seen that officially yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.