What to eat/drink?

967 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ken Adams
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going on day 10 of this thing. Symptoms aren't terrible but I have absolutely zero appetite. I worry that this is lasting longer because I'm not eating or drinking correctly. What are y'alls suggestions on foods/fluids to kick this thing?
FancyKetchup14
AG
I'm drinking 4 liters of water/day and including about a half a bottle of pedialyte as well. I'm finding this is helping me as my symptoms have not gotten any worse.
P.U.T.U
AG
Try to get 0.5 oz / pound of body weight of water in to keep you hydrated. Included in those do 2-3 servings of something like Emergen-c or Nuun Sport to get electrolytes in you.

If you are worried about calories go with some calorie dense foods like nuts. I know when I am sick I don't want to eat and know if I want to keep my body mass I need protein so shakes are easy to make into calorie bombs. So some peanut butter with some fruit, oatmeal, protein powder, and MCT oil. Always can sip on those and have each at 500-1000 calories each.
NASAg03
I lost my appetite before I lost my taste / smell. Just drank lots of water with Emergen-C and other fluids.

My stomach shrank, and I still don't eat as much as before, now 5 months later. Honestly I don't mind because it helped me lose all the quarantine weight I put on.
Ken Adams
AG
This has been the worst part of it all for me. Comes in waves and nothing seems to help so far. Just trying to stay hydrated and sipping pedialyte through the day.
trueaggie2782
AG
Mine just broke a couple hours ago. It was like a switch turned on. I got my appetite back. The one problem is that I got my sense of smell back too. It's hard to believe how bad a house with 2 sick adults can start to smell.
Ken Adams
AG
Maybe I'll get that same feeling soon. The only positive to all of this is that I haven't smelt one dirty diaper from the kid in the last 5 days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.