I'm on day 9 and still feel like crap

5,043 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SoTx Ag
SoTx Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i have not taken anything besides Tylenol and melatonin to sleep at night.

I'm almost paralyzed by the number of concoctions people have told me to take so i don't really no where to start in order to kick this.

I lost my fever and headache in the first 24 hours so at least those are gone. Started feeling much better on day 6 and 7, but day 8 (yesterday) i went back to feeling achy and lethargic. Woke up today feeling better, but have since slipped back to achy/lethargic again

My lungs are shot. If i take a deep breath it's like i am running outside in 20 degree weather. They just burn

To top it off i have lost my sense of taste completely (as a lot of people have), but right now that's the least of my worries.

I'm in my mid-40's and pretty healthy. I work out 5 days a week both weights and cardio (3 mile runs) so i went into this pretty confident.
Besides getting annual blood work done i really don't have a regular doctor to turn to...so why not TexAgs?

Anyhow, if you all have a great way of kicking this thing i would love to hear
wbt5845
AG
I don't have anything to tell you as I'm just a dumb aerospace engineer - other than to tell you good luck and I'll pray for you.
buffalo chip
S
Given the described impact on your lungs...you should see a doctor. Home remedies have their place, but you sound like you are beyond those.
robdobyns
AG
See a doctor ASAP. And get a pulse oximeter. You are now in the immunologic phase of the illness. That's were your body's immune system goes into overdrive. That's what makes this virus potentially fatal.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Big12Ag
Based on it being day 9, and the burning feeling when taking a deep breath, I'd recommend visiting an emergency clinic asap.
SoTx Ag
Thank you all, seriously
PJYoung
AG
SoTx Ag said:

Thank you all, seriously
Good luck and keep us updated.
Ranger222
AG
Yes, you've kicked the virus but your immune system is running haywire from the infection. This is where the steroid comes in to knock it down a bit and keep it in check.

*not a doctor
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Interested in what treatments doc's recommend. Please update as you can.
Tabasco
AG
Do the vast majority have this bi-modal course where they start to feel better and then symptoms spike back up, or is it a 50-50 thing?
Kay's Lounge
AG
Prayers for your full recovery
Sq 17
Love the user name
jopatura
AG
Tabasco said:

Do the vast majority have this bi-modal course where they start to feel better and then symptoms spike back up, or is it a 50-50 thing?

From what I understand, you will either get way better or way worse starting on Day 7-9 and there's really no way to know what's going to happen to you specifically.
PJYoung
AG
jopatura said:

Tabasco said:

From what I understand, you will either get way better or way worse starting on Day 7-9 and there's really no way to know what's going to happen to you specifically.

Other than the odds are vastly in your favor for a good result.
Godbless
Your body is turning on you. You are right in the time frame where things can go very wrong. Read this thread of the Dr who just died for an eye opener

I guess it's my turn | TexAgs
Bruce Almighty
AG
You're past the point of vitamins being any help. Go to the ER.
SoTx Ag
Went to a doctor. Am right on the line in terms of someone who needs to go to hospital versus doesn't.
I was asked to monitor my blood pressure and oxygen and make sure breathing doesn't get bad.

I will say, as the afternoon went on I've felt a little better. I'm not short of breath or laboring. Haven't really coughed in the last three hours.

My thought is I was over doing it. Pushing myself when I shouldn't.

Again, thank you all for your input and checking in. Very much appreciated.
Godbless
If you want to try Ivermectin and don't want to use the horse paste here is a list of Drs who prescribe it. Notice Dr Rev is on it

COVID-19 Doctors Directory (exstnc.com)
88planoAg
AG
Tabasco said:

Friends and I tested positive after a wedding. 3 couples. All minimal to mild symptoms. All fine after a few days of feeling meh. All over 50, most 55+. 3 overweight. No one had rebound symptoms, we were all done in 5 days or less. Achy, fatigue, 99.5 temp, sinus pressure/pain. Didn't come back once gone.
Ragoo
AG
SoTx Ag said:

Went to a doctor. Am right on the line in terms of someone who needs to go to hospital versus doesn't.
I was asked to monitor my blood pressure and oxygen and make sure breathing doesn't get bad.

I will say, as the afternoon went on I've felt a little better. I'm not short of breath or laboring. Haven't really coughed in the last three hours.

My thought is I was over doing it. Pushing myself when I shouldn't.

Again, thank you all for your input and checking in. Very much appreciated.
probably some anxiety too. When I am anxious I am very aware of my breathing and my mind makes me think it is more difficult than it really is.
Post removed:
by user
AggieAuditor
AG
Does iver have some crazy scary side effects? Why are there so few docs supporting it? What the hell else do we have?
ChampsAg
In-laws have switched from hydrochloroquin (sp?) to Ivermectin. My FIL follows these blogs religiously and they say it is more effective. MIL said that you have to take it once a month.
AgLiving06
How you doing OP?
Beat40
AgLiving06 said:

How you doing OP?
Yes, was thinking about OP yesterday. Thanks for bumping this tread.
SoTx Ag
Thank you for checking in. Much better these days.
On the day I posted (Monday) I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was hovering around 92/93.
They made me rest for about 10 minutes at the doctors office and it went back up to 95.
At that point they told me to go home and monitor because hospital wouldn't take me unless it was 92 or below.

Doctor said this is the point where people rebound or get worse. I rebounded thank God.

However, I tested yesterday and I'm still positive for covid. I first tested positive on the 10th so this is taking a long time to get over.
EKG1996
AG
SoTx Ag said:

On the day I posted (Monday) I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was hovering around 92/93.
They made me rest for about 10 minutes at the doctors office and it went back up to 95.
At that point they told me to go home and monitor because hospital wouldn't take me unless it was 92 or below.

Doctor said this is the point where people rebound or get worse. I rebounded thank God.

However, I tested yesterday and I'm still positive for covid. I first tested positive on the 10th so this is taking a long time to get over.

hoosierAG
AG
Great news. Reminder that you can test positive for Covid for many weeks even though you are recovered and aren't shedding the virus.
Beat40
SoTx Ag said:

Glad to hear you are doing better!
SoTx Ag
hoosierAG said:

Great news. Reminder that you can test positive for Covid for many weeks even though you are recovered and aren't shedding the virus.
Are they saying you are still contagious as well even if you don't have symptoms?
hoosierAG
AG
If you are at least 10 days past symptom onset and 24 hrs fever free with no help from meds and all other symptoms are at least improving (not including loss of taste and smell as that can last months) you are good to go. No test needed....this is per cdc and what all docs are/should be following.
Kay's Lounge
AG
Glad you're doing better, SoTx Ag!!!
The Big12Ag
All healed up at this point? The length of the illness and your low blood pressure measurement had me worried.
SoTx Ag
Yes, i am all good. Thanks again to everyone for their input and checking in on me!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.