dang it.

2,324 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Marcus Aurelius
jobu93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tested positive today.

I was feeling poor last week on Wednesday. Very much thought I was catching a cold.. Sunday evening I lost my sense of smell... so I got tested and now my rapid shows positive. I've yet to pop a fever over 100 but I have been taking tylenol every so often to counter the aches and occasional chill. No cough, no shortness of breath, and my pulse ox when I got tested was 95.

I've got vitamin D, zinc, vitamin c, and green tea coming on line with plenty of water.

I have isolated myself since wednesday from my family as I thought it was a cold. My question is, do I start my quarantine number from today or Wednesday and how long should I expect symptoms?

dallasag00
AG
I'm no doc but I believe it is from symptom onset.
Premium
AG
Do you wear a mask?
jobu93
AG
Yep.
NASAg03
jobu93 said:

tested positive today.

I was feeling poor last week on Wednesday. Very much thought I was catching a cold.. Sunday evening I lost my sense of smell... so I got tested and now my rapid shows positive. I've yet to pop a fever over 100 but I have been taking tylenol every so often to counter the aches and occasional chill. No cough, no shortness of breath, and my pulse ox when I got tested was 95.

I've got vitamin D, zinc, vitamin c, and green tea coming on line with plenty of water.

I have isolated myself since wednesday from my family as I thought it was a cold. My question is, do I start my quarantine number from today or Wednesday and how long should I expect symptoms?

Dude you should be happy. You're over it, you can tell others, you should be immune from catching and passing it around.

From the CDC:

Quote:

You can be around others after:
  • 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
  • 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
  • Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*
*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation
Most people do not require testing to decide when they can be around others; however, if your healthcare provider recommends testing, they will let you know when you can resume being around others based on your test results.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
jobu93
AG
looks like I'm not out of the woods yet.

Now I popped over a 100 degree fever, but the Tylenol knocked it back with extreme prejudice.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Take a aspirin 325mg po QD. And melatonin at bedtime (OTC). Prednisone 20-40mg po daily. If you can't get this Rxd I can help you. PM me. When my dtr got covid we began covid quarantining t-2 days prior to symptoms onset. Viral shedding begins then.
cc_ag92
AG
It hasn't been ten days. How does that mean he's over it based on what you posted from the CDC?
dermdoc
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Take a aspirin 325mg po QD. And melatonin at bedtime (OTC). Prednisone 20-40mg po daily. If you can't get this Rxd I can help you. PM me. When my dtr got covid we began covid quarantining t-2 days prior to symptoms onset. Viral shedding begins then.
Great advice.Thank you for being you.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
CDC says if infected, you are possibly contagious up to 10 days from onset of symptoms. If your symptoms started last Wednesday you would in theory isolate thru this friday
jobu93
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

I can get that prednisone, but do I take it before any chest issues or only if they arise? so far, no breathing issues at all.
shalackin
AG
what is "po QD"?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
If ZERO respiratory symptoms probably can hold off.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
oral daily
FalconAg06
Marcus Aurelius said:

If ZERO respiratory symptoms probably can hold off.

If zero respiratory issues would he have an O2 sat of 95%? Thats borderline low, no?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
lowish for healthy person yes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.