My Covid Story - any advice?

4,343 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgsMyDude
Guppy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any and all advice appreciated.

I figured it was inevitable given my job and I finally came down with Covid. The good news is it happened on the road so I didn't take it home to my family or elderly parents. That's about the only good news.

I'm 39. Healthy. Came down with a few minor symptoms Friday night. By Saturday night I had a fever in the 101-103 range, chills, severe aches, dry cough and zero energy. I stayed this way until Wednesday evening / Thursday morning when my fever finally broke. Thought I was getting better.

Been taking it very easy, lots of liquids and plenty of rest (quarantining in a hotel room so not much to do). Starting this morning, Friday I can only taste smell copper / peaty funk regardless of what I eat and now Friday afternoon my fever is coming back - currently 101.5 with Tylenol. The fever has made sleeping very difficult so I'm in a zombie state.

Only good news is I purchased a pulse oximeter and my levels have stayed around 95%. And I can still breath / hold my breath without much difficulty.

My main concerns are the fever that won't stay away and, as a result, my lack of ability to sleep. OTC meds have not worked on helping me sleep.

I've used teledoc but they haven't been very helpful. Curious if anyone else has had a similar case and what you did. Thanks all.
Aggie95
AG
zinc and vitamin d?
GE
AG
Get on the nebulizer steroids. I've known two people who felt pretty rough then took those and were fine in a day
NASAg03
zinc, coq10, emergen-c, cough suppressant, thc + cbd, fresh ginger and tumeric for tea.

lots of sunlight and rest.

sucked for a week, but recovered quickly.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Go read everything from Reveille pinned at the top of the forum.
Guppy
AG
Trying to get thru it all but I have brain fog and hard to concentrate for very long.

New symptom - I can only smell / taste a coppery / peaty combo. Very odd and annoying
bay fan
S
No advice but I hope you are feeling better!
JDL 96
Feel better!
cwally
AG
What city are you stuck in?
Capitol Ag
AG
Hope you feel better very soon.
Guppy
AG
Stuck in LA just down the street from the airport. So at least I have a lot I can order from my phone. Can't imagine if this has happened in say Wichita or some small city.
DadHammer
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

Go read everything from Reveille pinned at the top of the forum.
Cepe
AG
Guppy said:

Trying to get thru it all but I have brain fog and hard to concentrate for very long.

New symptom - I can only smell / taste a coppery / peaty combo. Very odd and annoying

Sounds like you are on the same progression everyone else describes. Should feel better in a couple of days but residual effects for several more weeks to fully clear it.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Make sure you have someone checking on you.
cc_ag92
AG
It was better advice than your response.

To the OP: I just cut and pasted this from Rev's most recent FB post. I think it's probably what you need to read first, then if you have time, you might find the rest of Rev's information interesting and useful.

"Quercetin from 250mg up to 1g twice per day Remember this is a Zinc ionophore.
Vitamin D3 Take this for sure if you are deficient and I now recommend taking it either daily or weekly as long as your values are not too high. Remember too much vitamin D can cause issues. However, if you are diagnosed with Covid-19 take 50,000IU immediately as this appears to have significant benefits.
Sleep greater than 8 hours per night
CoQ10 100-300mg per day: a potent antioxidant that potentially helps balance oxidative stress, increase vasodilation, prevent clot formation and decrease vasoconstriction.
Zinc any amount is probably good but take what you can tolerate without making you feel bad up to 40mg. You do not want to be Zinc deficient as it is how many drugs like HCQ work.
Melatonin 0.1mg to 10mg at night. Take what you can tolerate and what helps you sleep without making you feel drugged or tired in the morning. If you are diabetic watch your sugars.
N-acetylcysteine (NAC) - 600mg twice per day shown to decrease severity of influenza, improve lung functions in COPD, antioxidant properties, potentially helps prevent clotting and with mental disorders. Caution for asthmatics as there is potential for bronchospasm but this is rare.
Vitamin C 250mg to 500mg twice per day. Effects debatable in oral form but IV did help in China. But is proven to strengthen immune system
Green Tea either drink some or 1 pill per day alternate zinc ionophore if you don't have or don't take Quercetin
Famotidine 10-20mg twice per day potentially inhibits viral replication and helps with heartburn
Baby Aspirin 81mg aspirin to thin blood and help prevent clots but only after discussing with your physician to make sure you have no contraindications to its use.
As always the information and understanding of COVID-19 is changing rapidly. This information is for education purposes only and you should never make changes to your health without consulting your personal physician. Make a virtual appointment with your physician and discuss your health and the best possible treatment plan for you. It is also important to reiterate that there are no clinically evidence-based integrative prevention or treatment strategies for COVID-19 infection."
Guppy
AG
Thank you
VaultingChemist
AG
Guppy said:

I just recovered from 12 days of fever from COVID-19. I never lost my sense of taste or smell, but the last few days I have noticed a weird smell that appears to be caused by the virus on my body.
cc_ag92
AG
You're welcome. I hope you are on the road to recovery quickly!
AgsMyDude
AG
VaultingChemist said:

Guppy said:

I just recovered from 12 days of fever from COVID-19. I never lost my sense of taste or smell, but the last few days I have noticed a weird smell that appears to be caused by the virus on my body.

What were your initial symptoms and did they come on gradually or quickly?
Guppy
AG
I started with a minor fever -99.5-100 on 10/9. By 10/10 I was fatigued. Sore throat. Fever closing in on 101. 10/11 I was toast. 103 fever. Severe aches / chills. Extreme exhaustion.

From onset to full on Covid was less than 48 hours.
VaultingChemist
AG
AgsMyDude said:

VaultingChemist said:

Guppy said:

What were your initial symptoms and did they come on gradually or quickly?
Fatigue was the first symptom, with pain around my eyes. They came on gradually over a 36-hour period, with muscle and back aches. I started running a low-grade fever, and I didn't stop running a fever for the next eleven days. The last 72 hours were brutal, with my fever spiking to 103 deg., before it broke completely. I lost about 10 lbs in the last 7 days, and a lot of muscle strength. Blood pressure bottomed out at about 93/62.

One weird lingering effect is that I now have several aversions to foods that I liked to eat before I became sick, even though I did not eat any of them while I was sick.
FlyRod
A pulse oxymiter is your friend. Make sure to measure your oxygen levels regularly.
Guppy
AG
I've noticed that too last few nights. Absolutely repugnant smell. So bad a smell that it's woken me up from my sleep. Covid sucks
Guppy
AG
Surprisingly, my O2 levels stayed high for the most part throughout this. A few dips into the low 90s but usually 94-95.
AgsMyDude
AG
Guppy said:

I've noticed that too last few nights. Absolutely repugnant smell. So bad a smell that it's woken me up from my sleep. Covid sucks

That's extremely interesting. Guess that's what the dogs can pick up.

https://bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12879-020-05281-3

Conclusions
These preliminary findings indicate that trained detection dogs can identify respiratory secretion samples from hospitalised and clinically diseased SARS-CoV-2 infected individuals by discriminating between samples from SARS-CoV-2 infected patients and negative controls. This data may form the basis for the reliable screening method of SARS-CoV-2 infected people
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.