Hand Sanitizer, Dispenser for Office ?

1,730 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by oneeyedag
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have direction on where to purchase these? Prefer Purell because of the consistency and smell (isn't horrid). Stand would be nice but could put it on a wall or table.

Bonus tips, any ideas on COVID precautions for a small office of 10?

For example, should I pay for everyone to get an antibody test? Should we be temperature testing everyone, everyday? Should I have anyone over 60 stay home? What if they live with someone over 60?.... the questions are endless....

It is up to me, and although I don't have any fear of it, I do know that many of them do (or at least verbalize it).
bay fan
S
That's nice of you to be concerned for the way others feel even though you don't share the concerns. Costco has huge bottles (at least mine does). Do you work in an open environment? If so, maybe creating separate spaces would help people be more comfortable. I don't have much to offer except to commend you for caring about how your employees feel.
ArmyAg97
AG
I sell Liquid hand sanitizer through my website Middleby Advantage

We sell parts for commercial cooking equipment and one of our companies that makes distilling equipment is making the sanitizer. This is CDC / WHO formulation.

Liquid sanitizer dispensers are available in Grainger's website. (We are sourcing these and hope to have them available on Middleby Advantage soon) Liquid Dispensers
Vogon Poet
AG
Lots and lots of guidance can be found here:

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/opentexas.aspx

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/businesses-employers.html

ursusguy
AG
We have a 10 AM and 2 PM sanitizer session. Everyone wipes down their desk area, and then has an assigned common area to wipe down commonly touched surface. Goal being to complete everything in ~2 minutes.
AggieAuditor
AG
ursusguy said:

We have a 10 AM and 2 PM sanitizer session. Everyone wipes down their desk area, and then has an assigned common area to wipe down commonly touched surface. Goal being to complete everything in ~2 minutes.

Aren't surfaces fairly low risk?
ursusguy
AG
They are, but we have several elderly ladies and diabetics. Made them comfortable enough to come back to the office, and takes up little time.

Part of it is also related to the location. My office is in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, with a lot of homeless. Last week I caught a lady intentionally spitting on our gate keypad, and smearing it around.
80sGeorge
AG
What the hell? Damn biologist types, I'll show you!
nonameag99
ground shipping is delivered next day from Dallas to Houston

https://www.uline.com/Grp_393/Hand-Soap-and-Sanitizers?keywords=hand+sanitizer&SearchKeyword=Hand%20Sanitizer

oneeyedag
AggieAuditor said:

ursusguy said:

Aren't surfaces fairly low risk?

The term you're looking for is high touchpoint areas. Whether, these are surfaces (i.e. touchpoint) doorknobs, copiers, vending machines, bathroom doors handles, urine flush handles etc. Theyre all high touch point areas, where in any given day, in a small, medium or large office could mean 1000 plus surface or point interactions on any given day.

I can tell you what my policy is for a medium size city where I do risk and saferty.

Every employee has their own sanitizer provided by us, the employer. We also have hand sanitizing stations at every street entrance into our buildings. Each office has a minimum of two stations depending on their size, some have more depending on customer interaction. Example, our four Courts have stations at all elevators, before entry into court rooms, in the courtrooms, outside of bathrooms and in the offices.

Tax offices/treasury high customer interactions, more sanitizers and so on depending customer traffic.

All of our buildings have a custodian, that cleans and wipes down all high touchpoints. In the evening, this process is repeated with every office.

All staff have microfiber rags and lysol, gloves and clean as we go.

All 100 plus police officers on the street and each division have had sanitizer in their cars, wipes, and make every attempt to wipe down high touch points after each contact.

Fire and EMS is same above but the process is more indepth.

Public works about 200 same process as PD.

We actually purchased an atomizer as well for vehicles, which PD uses after each 12 hour shift. Also, for all vehicles park them in direct sunlight as much as you can.

I do a medium size City on I95 in Virginia..for the record we've had 4 positives and m 2 I've contacted traced back to detainees, and a boatload that got some time off.

We've had multiple positive attorneys representing defendants and those appearing for court come that were positive. All made it though temperature screening and attestation questions. So its safe to say the chief judge has not been too happy about people, much less attorneys entering his court house being positive.

In terms of preference of sanitizer, my cutoff is 65% but preferably 70%. If an employee doesn't like the sanitizer sorry and if you bring your own...my departmemt or my staff need to see it as to make sure its not on the X listing of methanol sanitizer list.

Also get some lotion!

I can send you a presentation for you to deliver to your staff that answers all your questions.

jbc42@vt.edu
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.