What is your county's % of active cases?

2,503 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 88planoAg
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ours here in Brazos County is around .17%. Not 17%, not 1.7%.....

.17 percent of the population is currently battling Covid.
88planoAg
AG
Well Kendall county has 4 active cases, so....
MasterAggie
AG
.8% (Again not 8%) .8% and that is largely confined to a single densely populated area.
Bruce Almighty
AG
In my county:

.34% have been diagnosed
.14% have active cases
.013% have been hospitalized
.005% have been in the ICU
.001% have died
gougler08
AG
0.6% battling it here in Fort Bend County...definitely cause for threat level red and online only school
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Will be 5 as of this AM unless a false positive.
88planoAg
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Will be 5 as of this AM unless a false positive.
uh oh! your family?

I can't figure out the reported numbers anyway. I think there is quite a delay. Reports of a person hospitalized that didn't show up for a loooong time.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Not mine, HS age girl....I'd rather not get specific. My daughter could get caught up in the quarantine nonsense. I can't PM anymore or i would message you details (stopped my subscription after the Mond nonsense)

Personally.....I question if this has even really spread through our community outside a few. I don;t see how logically any of this shut down makes sense. Its going to spread, nothing has stopped it, other than burning out wherever its already hit hard.

Its clearly spreading down in SA, and I wonder if we are just next on the list for the spread.
Fannie Luddite
AG
.84% total diagnosed
.026% active

HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Got the phone call from district Dr. We have to get a negative test to be allowed to school this wed.

Good ole contact tracing, I question the legality of that. I guess we may get the test, but the rules published don't require it so I will be following up to the district clarifying. The rules state no symptoms 72 hours post last contact, or a negative test. We are already past that date.
88planoAg
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Got the phone call from district Dr. We have to get a negative test to be allowed to school this wed.

Good ole contact tracing, I question the legality of that. I guess we may get the test, but the rules published don't require it so I will be following up to the district clarifying. The rules state no symptoms 72 hours post last contact, or a negative test. We are already past that date.
wow!

What district doctor?

if you are willing to share the backstory, email purple from amazon at g mail
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Will do
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
email sent
Drip99
AG
Hays county is 1.2% active....same pop as brazos county
AggieBiker
AG
Dallas county is .5% active.

However, how accurate is the active number. Does everyone that is infected get a negative test that alerts the county when they are clear? If not, how is the active number updated?

I see Hays county has 2,800 active which would seem to imply that most of those happened in the last 10-21 days since the virus does not typically last more than 14 days for the average person and less than that for most. Today, Hays is reporting 38 new cases and yesterday they reported none. To have 2,800 active there would have to have been an average of about 130 new cases daily for the past 21 days. Has that been the case or could he active case number be very wrong?
Drip99
AG
AggieBiker said:

Dallas county is .5% active.

However, how accurate is the active number. Does everyone that is infected get a negative test that alerts the county when they are clear? If not, how is the active number updated?

I see Hays county has 2,800 active which would seem to imply that most of those happened in the last 10-21 days since the virus does not typically last more than 14 days for the average person and less than that for most. Today, Hays is reporting 38 new cases and yesterday they reported none. To have 2,800 active there would have to have been an average of about 130 new cases daily for the past 21 days. Has that been the case or could he active case number be very wrong?

That's a good question and we talked about it on the hays post. I have no idea how they determine an active case has recovered. I suspect that number is largely exaggerated as dripping has been sitting at 63 active cases for what feels like a while.
AggieBiker
AG
Thanks for your response. I looked at some other counties and Bee county is showing a 2.5% active population. I doubt that is correct.
HumbleAg04
AG
88planoAg said:

Hello neighbor.
88planoAg
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

88planoAg said:

Hello neighbor.
Howdy!

at least 2 of your neighbors here on this thread
HumbleAg04
AG
88planoAg said:

HumbleAg04 said:

88planoAg said:

Hello neighbor.
Howdy!

School starts tomorrow. So far have been happy with BISD response especially with going after Bexar County's shutdown demand on Fair Oaks and Van Raub. Hope we can have a politics / drama free healthy start.
88planoAg
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

88planoAg said:

HumbleAg04 said:

88planoAg said:

Hello neighbor.
Howdy!

School starts tomorrow. So far have been happy with BISD response especially with going after Bexar County's shutdown demand on Fair Oaks and Van Raub. Hope we can have a politics / drama free healthy start.
My junior is excited to go back. Kids need to be in school. Drama free? I doubt it, but fingers crossed we can continue to move forward.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.