State Website Updates Demographics for all 8,096 Texans Lost So Far.

6,942 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bay fan
AgE Doc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
State Dashboard (LINK)

Percent of the Total Fatalities (8,096)
0% are 0-9 Year Olds
0.1% are 10-19 Year Olds
0.8% are 20-29 Year Olds
2.1% are 30-39 Year Olds
5.4% are 40-49 Year Olds
11.4% are 50-59 Year Olds
21.0% are 60-69 Year Olds
24.7% are 70-79 Year Olds
34.5% are 80+ Year Olds
Motis B Totis
AG
Nice
DD88
AG
It would be useful if they could provide information on those with underlying conditions like Massachusetts.

You can click on their latest COVID-19 Dashboard link on this page:
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-daily-dashboard-

On page 18 of the August 7th report, it shows that only 1.8% of fatalities did not have known underlying conditions.

amercer
AG
That's interesting, but 48% of adults have cardiovascular disease, one in 3 Americans is diabetic or prediabetic, and 10% of the country has lung disease. Those are the three most common underlying conditions associated with Covid deaths. So the fact that most of the severe cases have underlying conditions isn't surprising or reassuring.
ORAggieFan
amercer said:

That's interesting, but 48% of adults have cardiovascular disease, one in 3 Americans is diabetic or prediabetic, and 10% of the country has lung disease. Those are the three most common underlying conditions associated with Covid deaths. So the fact that most of the severe cases have underlying conditions isn't surprising or reassuring.
I disagree. It's very reassuring when you don't have those things.
Proposition Joe
ORAggieFan said:

amercer said:

I think one of the problems is a lot of people have those things and don't actually know it.
Ag97
AG
amercer said:

The American public has now had nearly 6 months to correct those underlying issues. The vast majority of diabetes, cardiovascular and other diseases are totally avoidable with a change in diet and exercise. I know this because I had those issues a few years ago and decided enough was enough and within 6 months with merely changing my diet I lost 50 pounds and went from prediabetic and having to take blood pressure medicine since I was 35 to feeling as good as I did when I was in my early 20's.

I have lots of family and friends that fall into those categories. Love them to death but in the end, their health is on them. I feel the same way about masks. If we have to wear our muzzles because of a disease that mainly attacks our out of shape, unhealthy and unwilling to change population.......well, that isn't my problem. If you can tell me to wear a mask and berate me for not doing so, do I get to do the same thing when I see you stuffing your face with another hamburger and fries being washed down with your 5th coke of the day followed by your Dairy Queen blizzard?
VKint
AG
Unfortunately in my practice very few (maybe 1-2) people recognized the danger and made significant lifestyle changes. You would think there is a difference in reaction to being told this could kill you within next few months vs 10-20 years. Fries, ranch dressing, cokes etc give too much pleasure to ignore. Time line of threat irrelevant. So frustrating.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Proposition Joe
Ag97 said:

amercer said:

The American public has now had nearly 6 months to correct those underlying issues. The vast majority of diabetes, cardiovascular and other diseases are totally avoidable with a change in diet and exercise. I know this because I had those issues a few years ago and decided enough was enough and within 6 months with merely changing my diet I lost 50 pounds and went from prediabetic and having to take blood pressure medicine since I was 35 to feeling as good as I did when I was in my early 20's.

I have lots of family and friends that fall into those categories. Love them to death but in the end, their health is on them. I feel the same way about masks. If we have to wear our muzzles because of a disease that mainly attacks our out of shape, unhealthy and unwilling to change population.......well, that isn't my problem. If you can tell me to wear a mask and berate me for not doing so, do I get to do the same thing when I see you stuffing your face with another hamburger and fries being washed down with your 5th coke of the day followed by your Dairy Queen blizzard?

I think there is a very large segment of the population that you are spot-on about. And as a society we shouldn't enable the unhealthy lifestyle many live as a different body "style".

But at the same time there's a lot of relatively normal people who have underlying conditions, many that don't even know it, that are in good shape and just lost the genetic lottery.
Premium
AG
So zero kids 0-9 and 8 people 10-19 have died - curious about the underlying conditions of the 8.

Logically, we should shut down all schools.
swc93
AG
Premium said:

So zero kids 0-9 and 8 people 10-19 have died - curious about the underlying conditions of the 8.

Unfortunately the kids don't live by themselves.
Premium
AG
swc93 said:

Premium said:

So your are suggesting all kids have zero social interaction by not going to school?
mccjames
AG
The logic is not in the students but the teachers. However it really looks like you can remove the 60+ in age teachers and have a very, very, low fatality rate. So the real question is how many 60+ year olds are teaching and is it feasible to let them either virtual teach or stay home for one school year.

Oh and remember this is percent of TOTAL fatalities, not cases.
Easy come, Easy go
culdeus
AG
Premium said:

I believe if there is fewer than 5 they report 0. For HIPPA based rules. Or something.
coolerguy12
AG
Ag97 said:

amercer said:

This should be on a bumper sticker or billboard. Well said.
Keegan99
AG
Sweden showed that teachers did not have any excess risk relative to other professions.

The most risky? Taxi drivers. About 5x average.

If tens of million of other Americans can go to work, then so can teachers.
Fitch
AG
Premium said:

Stats show six kids under 9. Thankfully not many, still ****ty to think about.
Infection_Ag11
AG
ORAggieFan said:

amercer said:

Tens of millions of Americans have diabetes/prediabetes, hypertension or are obese and don't know it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
culdeus
AG
Oh the obese know it. They just dgaf.
DadHammer
AG
So we should ruin our lives for them?
Proposition Joe
culdeus said:

Actually I'd wager a large % of them don't know it.

What is considered obese by health standards and what is considered obese by "American eyes" standard are two very different things.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
culdeus said:

People should take more responsibility for their health. However, we are now into a generation of American adults that has been marketed to incessantly since they were small children. One of the main things that drives the national economy that everyone wants to save is selling a bunch of stuff that people don't really need (like fast food etc), and convincing people they want/need it. It's a bigger culture issue than you probably think.
Infection_Ag11
AG
DadHammer said:

I was simply pointing out that many have a false sense of health and security
swagfan
Infection_Ag11 said:

DadHammer said:

I was simply pointing out that many have a false sense of health and security

Yeah you're good dude. Makes perfect sense.

That guy just wants it to be about him.
beerad12man
AG
Proposition Joe said:

ORAggieFan said:

amercer said:

I think one of the problems is a lot of people have those things and don't actually know it.

And yet even with those things, still a 99% chance of survival for any age range under 75.
Infection_Ag11
AG
culdeus said:

The ones with a BMI of 45 sure. 32? Maybe not.

Lots of folks carrying an extra 20-30 pounds with hypertension and insulin resistance out there who think they are pretty healthy.
tysker
AG
Proposition Joe said:

culdeus said:

What is considered obese by health standards and what is considered obese by "American eyes" standard are two very different things.

Dumb and fat isn't a good way to go through life.
I Am A Critic
tysker said:

Proposition Joe said:

culdeus said:

Neither is being an ***hole but it's the most common comorbidity on this board.
Username checks out.
tysker
AG
I Am A Critic said:

tysker said:

Proposition Joe said:

culdeus said:

Neither is being an ***hole but it's the most common comorbidity on this board.

Pretty sure there's no science or data to back up that comment.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
swc93 said:

Premium said:

Absolutely. We should cower in a corner until a full proof vaccine has been mass distributed to every last man, woman, and child on earth.
fullback44
AG
Folks, this disease is not the Spanish Flu or the plague that killed 25 % plus of the population that it infected.. let's keep this in mind.. Covid is on track to match the Flu... it should be taken serious but we need to wake up and get our lives back on track... it's gonna play itself out, let it run its course (herd immunity) and let's move on. I guess we can debate how it should "run its course" but that's what this has come down to. We could also debate how it's treated but I think the Drs on this site do a good job keeping us informed.
wreckncrew
AG
How do we convince a large portion of the country including those in government of this fact? Every major news outlet is going to keep spewing out what they want about the virus. I try to tell my coworkers and friends that we are destroying everything for 99.9% that will survive and already have the immune system to fight this off
Pasquale Liucci
AG
If anyone wants proof that lockdowns don't work, look at Hawaii right now. They haven't allowed non residents without a 14 day quarantine since April 1 and even have an OUTDOOR mask policy.

How many non residents go to Hawaii for more than 14 days? That move alone virtually guaranteed no tourists would be traveling to the islands and importing the virus.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
And...of course several months ago some dude was given crap for giving his wife a Peleton...and social media was telling us it is OK to be fat and unhealthy.

This same social media that many are believing again now on COVID risks.
94chem
Infection_Ag11 said:

ORAggieFan said:

amercer said:

Tens of millions of Americans have diabetes/prediabetes, hypertension or are obese and don't know it.

If you're 45 years old and 50 lbs overweight, you are not healthy. Doesn't matter what blood pressure says. If you breathe on my family while they're just trying to do their jobs, you're a jerk. Just telling it like it is.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.