Thoughts about Symptoms

1,532 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
billb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So... my better half has been dealing with health issues since the end of March. We had traveled to Bahamas for spring break with a long layover in Miami and since then things have just not been right with her health. She is early 40s, had run 3 times a week, and was overall very healthy.

Since then states she hasn't felt right for any day the past 4 months. Symptoms include, unable to exercise, constant burning internal pain, headaches, back pain, minor atelectasis in lower lobe, somewhat abnormal blood pressure, etc. Have seen numerous doctors and had all heart tests and blood work. Nothing noted except red blood cell irregularities and low iron saturation. Heart scan did show small amount of fluid around the heart, but nothing of concern from several doctors. Has just started to feel a little better within past week.

She has had a negative COVID test and antibody test, but is convinced this is result of the virus. Other members of family had slight cold symptoms, but nothing that prompted need to see a doctor. Thoughts to see if another antibody test would be worthwhile or the possibility this was/is COVID related.
badbilly
AG
Covid will present itself as a mild cold/no fever sometimes. The CDC says nothing about that on their website for symptoms so many carriers are walking around who have symptoms but not "Covid symptoms". How do I know? Those were my symptoms and I tested positive while being given a routine test before hospital treatment for an unrelated ailment. It's everywhere and until the CDC updates their website, people all around us will have it and not know it. So when in doubt, get tested.
hamean02
AG
with both false negatives and false positives as a possibility, i would consider getting another test. I'm not a physician but am decent at math.
jopatura
AG
End of March is quickly getting out of the detectable antibody window. If she wants another one, I would do it now. I had one ordered through my PCP in late July and he said that there were patients he would have sworn had it Jan/Feb that are coming back negative for antibodies while similar patients from Apr/May are still coming back positive. He's also not seeing anyone who traveled in Jan/Feb and came back sick test positive.

Does she know which antibody test she took? If she took the Roche, try Abbott or vice versa.
bigtruckguy3500
Did the docs order inflammatory markers and/or autoimmune markers? Could also be all psychological. Could be chronic fatigue syndrome.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.