Covid symptoms twice in two months

2,372 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Petrino1
Petrino1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just wanted to share my story with everyone. I tested positive for covid about 2 months ago and had all the typical symptoms: fever, body aches, stuffy nose, ear ache, sore throat, dry cough, lower back pain. The symptoms went away after a week and a half, and I generally felt fine after that. However, maybe once every two weeks I would start to feel feverish or achy again for a day but it would go away after that, which I attributed to allergies.

Fast forward to last week, the covid symptoms start to come back again and this time it lasts about 4-5 days. My doctor put me on Zithromax and overall I feel much better now, no fever or symptoms.

What does everyone (or doctors) think? Was this just a lingering case of Covid, or did I get re-infected a second time?

Complete Idiot
Have you been going out? Could you have caught something normally in circulation other than Covid? Your immune system may have been more susceptible if still recovering from Covid.

hard to know if you didn't get a test during most recent round of symptoms. Hope you are feeling better.
Petrino1
Complete Idiot said:

Have you been going out? Could you have caught something normally in circulation other than Covid? Your immune system may have been more susceptible if still recovering from Covid.

hard to know if you didn't get a test during most recent round of symptoms. Hope you are feeling better.
I have been to the gym and restaurants a few times, but always mask up. I never got tested again just because I figure whats the point, people are testing positive up to 3 months after getting covid.

Its hard to tell whats what, because I have bad allergies/sinusitis and my covid symptoms felt pretty much the exact same as allergies/sinusitis. I guess the one difference is the lower back pain with covid.
TXTransplant
You could have caught another virus.

There are other viruses out there that cause joint pain, and in my experience, you feel it most in areas of the body where you are the weakest and/or may already experience mild pain and discomfort.

I had Colorado Tick Fever last summer (it's viral), and a lot of (but not all) the symptoms were the same as coronavirus. I had severe joint pain (particularly in my hips and back) and it felt like I had a vice around my ribs.
terradactylexpress
I also wonder how many things are people being hyper aware of covid. I'm sure I've had small bugs/sorenesses from time to time that I blew off unless it progresses to flu level of symptoms, but today I have a cough and wonder if I have the rona
Petrino1
terradactylexpress said:

I also wonder how many things are people being hyper aware of covid. I'm sure I've had small bugs/sorenesses from time to time that I blew off unless it progresses to flu level of symptoms, but today I have a cough and wonder if I have the rona
Normally I would just attribute those symptoms to bad alllergies, but 4-5 days of flu like symptoms/fever just 2 months after getting covid, made me think it was covid related.
EastSideAg2002
So can you get it twice? My SIL is a nurse and tested positive 1.5 months ago. She had some symptoms. She then felt symptom free for a month and had two negative tests in a row. She now tested positive again with even worse symptoms this go round.
RoyVal
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

So can you get it twice? My SIL is a nurse and tested positive 1.5 months ago. She had some symptoms. She then felt symptom free for a month and had two negative tests in a row. She now tested positive again with even worse symptoms this go round.
so did your SIL ever test positive for the antibodies? I saw a report of somebody saying they think they tested positive in 2 separate instances about 2 months apart...but never tested positive for the antibodies. The report said they believe that person never truly got over the virus the first time. She sounded like the OP on here saying she would feel bad a day or two every few weeks then get better.
Gizzards
AG
If you are so curious now and asking a bunch of strangers if they think it was Covid, then you should have just gotten tested again. You said it wasn't worthwhile to get tested again, but clearly you want to know. Not sure how everyone's opinions here are going to help you.
jamey
AG
My wife had all those symptoms and going on 3 weeks of a low grade fever

2 negative tests for covid
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I don't know if this is just the case of a hospital being either A) Stupid B) using an abundance of CYA or C) both..... but had a buddy that likely contracted Covid while in the hospital (ICU) for 2 weeks. He passed it on to his dad who is now fighting for his life and not doing very well at all.

But the hospital won't even allow him to visit, even though he's had it, recovered, and "shouldn't" be able to get it again. They told him there's no immunity and that he could get it again. You'd think they'd allow him to visit his father if he has antibodies and shouldn't get it again. Especially this recently.
AgRebel08
AG
My coworker was very sick is several months ago, pretty sure she had it.

Just got tested again after being sick last week and she was positive
Petrino1
I just wanted to share an update from my original post. After taking the Zithromax for 5 days I feel much better now and the symptoms have gone away. I dont know if it was the Zithromax that helped or if my body was just naturally recovering. But either way, one more vote for Zithromax!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.