I shook as hand for the first time yesterday since March

2,581 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Keller6Ag91
The Fall Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It felt good. Then I washed my hands.

Roofer came by to look at roof. Old Codger. No mask, no distance and after speaking to me put his hand out. I shook it anyways.

I always welcome a handshake and always will even after this crap stops.

How do others deal with ones who never changed

My Aunt is the same way. 80 years old and couldn't care less what others think

00AGof3
AG
I havent stopped shaking hands, flame away. I do usually use sanitizer if I remeber afterwards.
Al Bula
AG
I've shaken hands with family and hugged friends I have not seen for months.
The Fall Guy
AG
I had heart surgery at 34 years old. Doctor said I should be fine but didn't want to chance it at age 46.

Now it feels good to shake a hand again.
TexasAggie008
AG
Remember the "we may not shake hands ever again after this" narrative?
Jbob04
AG
00AGof3 said:

I havent stopped shaking hands, flame away. I do usually use sanitizer if I remeber afterwards.

Same here
Never been much of a hand shaker but in OP's situation, I'd probably have shook the roofers hand, too.
cisgenderedAggie
Did this last week. Started a new job after an old friend who called to see if I'd come work for him. Went to the office, 4 others there were all masked up and waving to say hello, new boss comes in and extends his hand right off. Immediately knew I made a good choice.
drums
AG
Went to a jewelry store about 3 weeks ago with my soon to be new wife so that we could pick out a wedding band for me. We had picked the ring and the clerk was in the back getting a box for the new ring when the owner of the store walked by and saw us sitting at the counter. He glanced down and saw my Aggie ring, and said "let me clean that up for you". I reluctantly handed it to him and he took it in the back, steam cleaned it, and buffed it up a bit. When he handed it back to me, my heavily worn 35 year old ring just glistened like it was new.
I was so amazed at the difference, and grateful for his effort I insisted on shaking his hand. It felt good. The handshake should never go away. Don't let this virus craziness rob us of what was and still is good in this world.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Dear diary
Trucker 96
I am still hoping the bow replaces the handshake
fullback44
AG
00AGof3 said:

Same here.. why would I stop shaking hands ? Wash hands and use sanitizer.. not a big deal
mccjames
AG
You heathens! If the corona cops catch you it is off to the gulag with the mask violators and the people not maintaining 6 feet while walking with their family in a park.
Easy come, Easy go
hdrydor
AG
Is OP still alive?!? Do you often play Russian roulette with your life?? Praying for your safety!!

Kidding of course. These days, I know it's hard to tell. Haven't shaken hands lately. I'd be sent to the Corona gulag at work if I did...
14TheRoad
AG
Been shaking hands this whole time. Feels good to be a big boy that can make decisions for myself.
Eliminatus
AG
I swear it's a litmus test these days. Someone offers to shake your hand, you know immediately where they stand on all this stuff. Quick, efficient, and no words needed.
P.U.T.U
AG
I've been working the entire time shaking hands visiting customers in various industries to make sure everyone can live their normal lives. I am still here and without fear, I am healthy, under 40, and done the research.
Keller6Ag91
AG
00AGof3 said:

Totally agree. I shake hands with anyone who's willing. Take that Fauci.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.