Is anybody in the Moderna Phase 3 trial starting this week?

2,692 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SouthTex99
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife, brother and 80 year old father get their vaccinations on Thursday and Friday.

50% chance to get the real thing!

Our doctor's office happened to be one of the few sites administering the trial.

https://www.themonitor.com/2020/08/02/mcallen-clinic-one-89-us-begin-covid-19-vaccine-trial/
Drip99
AG
There is/was a place in Austin looking for folks however they were only looking for people who were in public often and front line defenders such as police and hospital staff. Does you family fit that category?
PJYoung
AG
JesusQuintana said:

There is/was a place in Austin looking for folks however they were only looking for people who were in public often and front line defenders such as police and hospital staff. Does you family fit that category?
No this was open to everybody.
Charpie
AG
That's all sorts of awesome!
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
That's interesting OP. Keep us posted on anything you hear please.
Aggie95
AG
I signed up to volunteer for clinical trials at coronavirus.gov.
beerad12man
AG
Lets hope this is a huge success
Not a Bot
AG
I signed up. Figured as a healthcare worker and relatively healthy I would be up there on the list. Haven't heard back.
YouBet
AG
Hope their faces dont melt off!
amercer
AG
I signed up, but I doubt anyone will want me for a trial. Low risk person who gets to WFH doesn't help the stats
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I blue starred yalls posts. So, when you turn into zombies and you are looking for faces to eat, remember those blue stars.
PJYoung
AG
Update: My brother chickened out, my wife thinks she got the placebo and my 80 year old father is sure he got the real thing as his arm welted up pretty good. He is also not sure if he is imagining little symptoms like new aches and pains but overall he is doing great.

They have an app to report in every day on how they're doing and will get another injection in 3 weeks or so.
Charpie
AG
Awesome.

I hope you and your family are doing well, my friend
amercer
AG
If they are in the placebo arm do they have the option of getting the real thing at the end of the study?
lazuras_dc
AG
Are they going to test the folks who got the real thing to see if they are then immune to covid-19 or how does it work from here? Or do they already know it works and just testing safety at this point?
SouthTex99
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.