Report from the South Bay beaches in LA County

3,104 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by proudaggie02
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took the family out to Hermosa this morning and just got done with a bike ride from Redondo up to Marina del Rey this afternoon and there were a ton of folks on the beach hanging out sitting, laying around, partying, etc. The official county rules say you're supposed to be actively moving around but the beaches looked just like any other busy weekend. Cops were hanging out watching but they're not hassling anyone. I was pretty proud of the amount of freedom loving Americans I saw our an about today. I'm sure the local news tonight will be filled with reporters trying to guilt folks on the beach asking them why they're not wearing masks and such. My only concern is that the gestapo county health lady and comendante garcetri are going to try and use this weekend as an excuse to try and lock everything back down here in LA county. Every other county around us are actually opening up retail and dine in restaurants but alas the Karen lobby in LA is just too strong.
DadHammer
AG
You desperately need new leadership. Move back to Texas we would love to have you here.
Matsui
Jock 07
AG
DadHammer said:

You desperately need new leadership. Move back to Texas we would love to have you here.

I have ~7 more years left on my 20 year sabbatical before I can return home to the promise land. Bright side I should only have 2 more here behind enemy lines.
CardiffGiant
AG
Vacationing in Destin with the fam and friend right now. Beach was crazy packed the last 2 days with nobody seeming to care about the madness. Almost felt like normal beach vaca and the fam and I have had a blast!
Aust Ag
AG
I love these reports from the "front lines", hearing what's going on. I was in Fredericksburg last weekend, seemed like any other Saturday other than a couple of shops being closed and in a couple of people walking around with a mask .
WoMD
I think beaches are pretty much back to normal in most of California. Central coast the beach life never actually changed. In SLO county the authorities said they would not enforce anything beach related from day one, so basically "continue having fun, we're going to leave you alone."

I'll be heading out to the beach today, it will be a bit warm for what we're accustomed to (will hit 80s), but should be packed again.

On a side note, you have no idea how excited I was seeing business doors open and people in restaurants again this weekend. Had a stupid grin on my face driving through Morro Bay on Saturday seeing the crowds along the waterfront we've been missing for what seems like years, and walking around SLO yesterday hearing people enjoying themselves from outdoor cafes and from INSIDE businesses. Sounds sad, but this has created an excitement that's hard to describe. It truly is the simple things in life that matter...
agdaddy04
AG
I'm jealous. We still can't dine-in here in Colorado.
Strat
agdaddy04 said:

I'm jealous. We still can't dine-in here in Colorado.
Parents are in Fort Collins. I think they told me that Larimer county is opening up dine-in later this week at 25%. Is that the same for all counties?
agdaddy04
AG
Actually drove by Fuzzys in Fort Collins today and they had their patio open for dine-in. Didn't see anywhere else open though.
agdaddy04
AG
Yes the state can reopen this Wednesday. I think at 50% capacity.
ec2004
AG
I took my kids to the Corner Bakery in Highlands Ranch for breakfast this weekend. I was actually surprised it was open and we could eat inside.

It wasn't very full but I saw no signs restricting the number of customers and the table layout looked the same to me. All staff were wearing masks, most customers too (while ordering).
proudaggie02
AG
I ate at Los Dos Potrillos on Parker/E470 this weekend. I'm heading to Crested Butte this weekend where I hope to enjoy some indoor & patio dining.

If any Colorado Ags are interested in going to Crested Butte or Breckenridge, let me know as I have condos and will offer an Aggie discount.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.